• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Time Travel is Confusing..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Tagging spoilers for a 9 year old book that was a huge phenomenon seems silly lol

don't hope it'll go around the lines of Sora (or anyone else) dies but then doesn't
tumblr_nygm95ciOX1rku80no1_250.gif
tumblr_nygm95ciOX1rku80no2_250.gif

tumblr_nygm95ciOX1rku80no3_250.gif
tumblr_nygm95ciOX1rku80no4_250.gif

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Tagging spoilers for a 9 year old book that was a huge phenomenon seems silly lol

tumblr_nygm95ciOX1rku80no1_250.gif
tumblr_nygm95ciOX1rku80no2_250.gif

tumblr_nygm95ciOX1rku80no3_250.gif
tumblr_nygm95ciOX1rku80no4_250.gif

I think it's pretty obvious I mean it in the lines of actually "dying" like Harry did, being declared dead by the bad guy and then getting up to fight said bad guy. You know...like in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which we were talking about.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I think it's pretty obvious I mean it in the lines of actually "dying" like Harry did, being declared dead by the bad guy and then getting up to fight said bad guy. You know...like in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which we were talking about.
They honestly don't seem that different to me. Harry could've been dead-dead, but he came back. Same goes for almost all the BP chars. If Sora were to do something similar, it'd likely just fall in line with the same thing.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
They honestly don't seem that different to me. Harry could've been dead-dead, but he came back. Same goes for almost all the BP chars. If Sora were to do something similar, it'd likely just fall in line with the same thing.

I'd say it's different as in Xehanort knows (and expects) that Sora will save those who have "died" before and that they are not gone for good yet (which Voldemort thought about Harry).
And, well...who knows. I just think Xehanort is the kind of character who knows when shit's going down. Not the type who would think he had won and then be overpowered because the protagonist tricked him. I'd prefer him just realizing that he doesn't stand a chance anymore at some point.. I'm having trouble giving it words, but oh well.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Didn't he already kind of do that in KH 1 anyways? ;P

Not the type who would think he had won and then be overpowered because the protagonist tricked him.

That and probably the fact that Sora is not the character/ has not the personality to pull off such a stunt on purpose. Sora is a bit too dense and straightforward to come up with such a gambit while Xehanort is in this regard a little more savvy than Voldemort.

PS:
Yay, post number 7.777. Lucky 7.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I think y'all misunderstood what I meant. I wasn't talking about characters dying and miraculously coming back to life, I meant characters having to die because they've got a Nort heartseed stuck in em.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think y'all misunderstood what I meant. I wasn't talking about characters dying and miraculously coming back to life, I meant characters having to die because they've got a Nort heartseed stuck in em.

Oh, well, about that...except Riku and Terra there probably would be no real major major character who fits that bill and as I've read around most people/fans seem to want Isa perish for good anyways so they would just have to cook up some twist for Riku and Terra to get rid of Nort-seed without kicking the bucket (or even just Riku as there are apparently also many who want to get a fix for their death fetish by having Terra gone for good). ;P
*hint: there's sarcasm in this shit*

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Oh, well, about that...except Riku and Terra there probably would be no real major major character who fits that bill and as I've read around most people/fans seem to want Isa perish for good anyways so they would just have to cook up some twist for Riku and Terra to get rid of Nort-seed without kicking the bucket (or even just Riku as there are apparently also many who want to get a fix for their death fetish by having Terra gone for good). ;P
*hint: there's sarcasm in this shit*
Not saying that I want this. I just happened to remember that certain plot point, and then realized that it was a possibility. Not a very good one, but still not completely off the table.

Hirokey123

Awards
I think we can pretty much cross Riku off the list at this point, he's done a good job dealing with the problem by himself.

So it really comes down to Terra but doesn't that just leave us back where we started? Separating Terra from Xehanort was always kind of a big question. Granted I'm skeptical that Xehanort's infection or whatever is really the normal process, I'd sooner think Riku was a bit of a special case because he lapped up all the darkness given to him like a thirsty dog to water. According to Riku "I took all the power you had and Sora still beat me" which seems to imply up until the final Riku vs Sora fight Riku was still willingly working with Ansem, or at the very least he was willingly letting Ansem use him like a puppet to beat Sora. But for someone like Terra who never accepted Xehanort, who fought against him at every turn, I get the sense he's probably not as deeply rooted into Terra as he was Riku and so splitting them should be a bit simpler of a task.

This is assuming that Terra isn't already split off from Xehanort. I mean he's had like 12 years and he did claim he had a plan to show Xehanort the door. Also isn't it a bit odd that he failed to rip Terra out the first time but later he was able to split himself into Ansem and Xemnas no problem? And of course there is the fact that Terra's entire being right now is up in the air seeing as he wasn't the one who appeared from Ansem and Xemnas's destruction.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Not saying that I want this. I just happened to remember that certain plot point, and then realized that it was a possibility. Not a very good one, but still not completely off the table.

I also didn't specifically imply that you're one of those who want this. I just felt the need to point out that it isn't too far off for something that could at least be included in a similar way, meaning indeed not off the table as this whole 13-Xehanort business is already a sort of Harry Potter/Voldemort rip-off anyways just on a bigger scale.
Not to mention that despite all story reasons in some angle it looks like just a cheap excuse plot point to bring back "Organisation XIII" in some form.

I think we can pretty much cross Riku off the list at this point, he's done a good job dealing with the problem by himself.

So it really comes down to Terra but doesn't that just leave us back where we started? Separating Terra from Xehanort was always kind of a big question. Granted I'm skeptical that Xehanort's infection or whatever is really the normal process, I'd sooner think Riku was a bit of a special case because he lapped up all the darkness given to him like a thirsty dog to water. According to Riku "I took all the power you had and Sora still beat me" which seems to imply up until the final Riku vs Sora fight Riku was still willingly working with Ansem, or at the very least he was willingly letting Ansem use him like a puppet to beat Sora. But for someone like Terra who never accepted Xehanort, who fought against him at every turn, I get the sense he's probably not as deeply rooted into Terra as he was Riku and so splitting them should be a bit simpler of a task.

This is assuming that Terra isn't already split off from Xehanort. I mean he's had like 12 years and he did claim he had a plan to show Xehanort the door. Also isn't it a bit odd that he failed to rip Terra out the first time but later he was able to split himself into Ansem and Xemnas no problem? And of course there is the fact that Terra's entire being right now is up in the air seeing as he wasn't the one who appeared from Ansem and Xemnas's destruction.

Tbh the whole Terra-business is very obviously and bluntly build up as a probably bigger question that it really is.
The way Nomura himself is pointing out the "mystery" of what the current status of Terra's parts is in both Famitsu interviews and twice or even thrice in the DDD Ultimania screams exaggeration for the sake of making fans speculate.

redcrown

Awards
According to Riku "I took all the power you had and Sora still beat me" which seems to imply up until the final Riku vs Sora fight Riku was still willingly working with Ansem, or at the very least he was willingly letting Ansem use him like a puppet to beat Sora.

I actually very much doubt that. I think he meant it as "You used my body for all your powers and Sora still beat us". Their dynamic and the antagonistic relationship they have really seem to imply the opposite. Sure Riku opened his heart to the darkness but not to Ansem, who goaded Riku into opening his heart so he could take control of him right away. That would be a special kind of insane to want another person to posses your body just to beat your rival, he wasn't that nuts.

Last edited:

Hirokey123

Awards
Uh what you just said doesn't contradict what I said. He let Ansem possess him he may not of known what would happen when he "opened his heart to the darkness to become darkness itself" but afterwards it be pretty apparent to him that Ansem was playing puppet with his body. But Riku didn't care he wanted to beat Sora and awaken Kairi that's all he cared about, he doesn't fight back Ansem's control until after two things happen. The first is that he lost to Sora again which means he traded control of his body for power that got him nothing. The second is Ansem tried to harm Kairi or at least implied that he was going to do something to her, and that was in conflict with what Riku wanted which in turn lead to Riku fighting back.

Also he kinda absolutely was that nuts I mean before the possession he tried to kill Sora just because Sora wouldn't stay down. When you're response to your friend's line of "my heart will never die" is to say "we'll see!" and a fire a blast of darkness directly at them while they are unarmed I think you've officially crossed over into the deep end.

redcrown

Awards
I feel this subject is similar to the "is the Ansem in DDD inside Riku or Sora's darkness/nightmare" question. I think it could be interpreted either way since the explanation and showing of it originally was so vague.

I personally feel Riku wasn't the kind of person to let/want someone else to use his body to defeat his rival for him, he probably wanted to use his own dark powers (by accepting more darkness) to defeat Sora himself, being so egotistic and self centered at the time. But that's just my perspective.

(Also remember in DDD in Monstro when Riku says "The Seeker of Darkness who stole my body". I don't think if he had let Ansem in willingly he would have said he stole his body.)

I even made a thread about this subject awhile back about his very thing.
http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts/210075-riku-willingly-possessed.html

Last edited:

redcrown

Awards
Watching the cutscene of Riku and Ansem talking before they fight the final battle in Re:Com, I'm starting to question it again now.

The lines of "and yet why do you still refuse me" from Ansem, along with "That's not it. The truth is..." line from Riku whether he still fears the dark or not, sort of sound like they imply that he did accept Ansem in willingly, or at least they're confusing; like why would Ansem ever think Riku would want to be possessed by him.

Riku would be a bit of a different character if he actually did. It would change his redemption arc definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back