• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Time for Reminiscing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
Wow, I haven't made a thread in while, but I feel like I should in this case.

I don't really know how many of you remember the Summer of 2005 on KHI, but it was fun. It was a time when all this new information about KH2 was coming out. We saw glimpses of Sora's drive forms. Wisdom form comes to my mind immediately for some reason. I remember getting all of the new screenshots of bosses, especially the dragon boss from Mulan's world.

It was epic, especially to my 14 year old self. I made new friends and had all kinds of conversations. We speculated who BHK was or why Riku wore his infamous blindfold. We continued to gawk over Deep Dive (Was that what it was called? It's been a while.) Now, five years later, I find myself reminiscing about it. It's surreal because it doesn't seem like it happened all that long ago. I'm proud to say that I turn five years old in two weeks exactly. I'm just curious about how long I'll keep coming back.

The purpose of this thread? I don't know...uh, what were you doing in the summer of 2005, especially if you were on KHI?

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was hanging out in the vbchat, and trying to figure out how I could be staff. =P

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
I was hanging out in the vbchat, and trying to figure out how I could be staff. =P

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Pretty sure i was still dating someone here on KHI. I was 14 and still kairi_angel. I think I was a vBChat mod.
I got fired in a day over some sprite comics I made of an admin.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Wasn't on KHI at that time, but I do remember stalking at least five different sites daily for my KH2 updates.

I believe it was also around that time that I got into Guilty Gear.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I wasn't a member, but I was always checking up on new info for KH2. And I was watching Batman Begins a lot then, in theatres. ;D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was one of those ghosts on the forums. I feel retarded for making an account so many years later. And I was enjoying my time with my new best friends before I went to HS. Aaaaand...It was the first year I had ever gotten on a roller coster at Knott's Berry Farm.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I don't think I even had a home internet connection at that point in time.

Z

Zulkir

I was here for...well I can't even remember how long it's been. I remember back when some people were calling cloaked roxas "future sora" (in deep dive) and calling TWTNW a "dark corner of traverse town". Then I wouldn't visit the site again for many years until KH2 itself came out, then just read people's speculation on the gathering video.

Didn't actually make an account until about a year ago I think(a year and a half'ish), then made about 100 posts. Never visited any section of the forum other than "future of KH" and "religion" like once.

left for the rest of that year until BBS came out, and these other 1100 posts of mine have been made in the last six months.

Wait, that's not right, my registration date says Aug 2008..hmm

Aug 2008- Registered, made 100'ish posts.

Jan 2010-Came back and have been active since.

So yeah, the end quarter of 2008-Jan2010 I completely forgot about KH lol.

I feel myself going through that phase again, BBS release date is so far...I just poof away for a while then come back when some game comes out.

Callaghan

Awards
I remember all the speculations and arguing, and people saying Roxas was Sora's long lost Twin and other such things xD RPing was really good then too, but all of it was not as fun as around Xmas 04 when Devon went on Holiday =D

Tsukasa

Awards
Memories kinda hazy. According to my oldest posts, I was RPG Inferno admin at that time and being a complete dumbass along with some veteran members. (Example: 2005 KH2.net President Elections)

Some more stuff:

We all finally knew KH2's release date.
Advent Children was coming out soon.
I was (am) .hack obsessed.
Laughing at the Xbox 360 saying I'll -never- get one. (I own one now, go figure)
June 2005: RPG Inferno clan "Eternal Light" is back!
After that, I disagreed with TheMidnighter on some things and he banned me a couple of times, and finally IP banning me. Thus I left. That was June 2005.

Ah, nostalgia.

Also, holy shit firekitty!

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Wow, I haven't made a thread in while, but I feel like I should in this case.

I don't really know how many of you remember the Summer of 2005 on KHI, but it was fun. It was a time when all this new information about KH2 was coming out. We saw glimpses of Sora's drive forms. Wisdom form comes to my mind immediately for some reason. I remember getting all of the new screenshots of bosses, especially the dragon boss from Mulan's world.

It was epic, especially to my 14 year old self. I made new friends and had all kinds of conversations. We speculated who BHK was or why Riku wore his infamous blindfold. We continued to gawk over Deep Dive (Was that what it was called? It's been a while.) Now, five years later, I find myself reminiscing about it. It's surreal because it doesn't seem like it happened all that long ago. I'm proud to say that I turn five years old in two weeks exactly. I'm just curious about how long I'll keep coming back.

The purpose of this thread? I don't know...uh, what were you doing in the summer of 2005, especially if you were on KHI?

God you're old.

Same as you. Talking crap, theorizing, calling Roxas BHK, which I still do sometimes.
Four years later. I'm talking crap, theorizing and calling retcon with each new game because they take away the cool factor of the old games. Deep Dives now involves Xion. It can never be cool again.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Shinkirō;5053078 said:
I don't think I even had a home internet connection at that point in time.

Same here. I had to rely on the computers at the public library in town for internet. Thankfully, I worked there and had a key, so I could go in whenever I wanted. But then the place closed down for a bit after one of the staff there turned out to be stealing money and they changed the locks, so I was gone from KHI for a couple months until I got internet at home. What a glorious day that was.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
Same here. I had to rely on the computers at the public library in town for internet. Thankfully, I worked there and had a key, so I could go in whenever I wanted. But then the place closed down for a bit after one of the staff there turned out to be stealing money and they changed the locks, so I was gone from KHI for a couple months until I got internet at home. What a glorious day that was.

you could then afford internet at home from the money you stole from the library, right?

Callaghan

Awards
Laughing at the Xbox 360 saying I'll -never- get one. (I own one now, go figure)

Haha yeah I remember saying how crap they are, though I still don't own one, I've never really liked the controls, fortunately as KH was on PS, there weren't x-box fanboys around much.

Oh who remembers the arguments about CoM being on GBA, I swear half the site just Modded it, did anyone find a working one in the end? xD

Back