• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
zombiekunoichi.deviantart.com
Before anything, Takushi Rena was the one who found the article first so that credit goes to her. O:!

A First look on the newly released (literally) promotional photos from Tim Burton's adaptation of Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. The art looks amazing all the while the characters are out there à laTim Burton style.

Slash Films. com
USAToday.com

The casting is as follows:

• Mia Wasikowska as Alice
  • Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter
  • Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen
  • Anne Hathaway as the White Queen
  • Michael Sheen as White Rabbit
  • Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar
  • Matt Lucas as Tweedledee and Tweedledum
  • Christopher Lee as the Jabberwock
  • Noah Taylor as the March Hare
  • Crispin Glover as the Knave of Hearts
  • Eleanor Tomilnson as Fiona Chataway, unfriendly girl Alice meets before falling down the rabbit hole.
  • Jemma Powell as Alice's sister
  • Lindsey Duncan as Alice's mother
  • Leo Bill as Hamish
  • Tim Pigott-Smith, Geraldine James and Frances de la Tour have unnamed roles.
Most of them are confirmed by SlashFilms and USAToday, the rest I found through Wikipedia but... you know how 'reliable' that site is. Though most of the names mentioned above do seem true, I have not found any other official site with the full cast list as of yet.

USAToday has a better look at the concept shots, but by visiting both sites you can read the varying things about the entire matter. :D

What do you guys think? A royal flop that went beyond the boundaries (if there is any) of creativity or will it be a surprising smash-hit?

Last edited:

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Being from Tim Burton, I highly doubt it will be a royal flop. But in all honestly I can't say until the first trailer pops out.

Archetype00x

Website
www.facebook.com
There's some solid talent in that cast list, but I'd be much more excited for this if there wasn't the inevitability of the throngs of goth Tim Burton fans filling every single theatre across the country, creaming their pants throughout the entirety of the film.

impart

Climb The Sky
im so exited!!!!! did you guys see the leaked photo of Johnny Depp as the mad hatter? (at least...im preety sure its a leek....)
johnny-depp-as-the-mad-hatter1.jpg

Last edited:

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
I love Tim Burton films xD

I think this will be a success. And the cast seems pretty good, too.

YEEE! JOHNNY DEPP, CHRISTOPHER LEE! :DDD

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Looks awesome! The cast looks promising, and Matt Lucas scares me as Tweedledee and Tweedledum

impart

Climb The Sky
The only thing that sucks is Disney is producing it..... :/ i wonder what there gonna have Alan Rickman do instead of smoking a hookah cuz they banned smoking from there movies

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
I thought this was an adaptation of the American McGee's Alice game, the one where Alice lost her parents in a fire and is admitted into an asylum, only to be called back to Wonderland to find it corrupted by her insanity. That was dark.

Anyway, the movie looks promising. It wouldn't be too dark since Disney's producing it, which is a disappointment, but it looks great so far.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Stephen Fry is playing the Cheshire Cat, according to IMDB.

The picture of Depp playing the Hatter makes me think of his role as Willy Wonka which doesn't spell good things for me.

jazznam

Alan Rickman and Christopher Lee to steal the limelight throughout the whole movie. There's also Marilyn Manson's Phantasmagoria which is about Lewis Carroll and his story about Alice.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The only thing that sucks is Disney is producing it..... :/
Tell that to Nightmare Before Christmas, Frankenweenie, Vincent, and James and the Giant Peach. D:

ZOMG PIC-TURES YAY 8D Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar is going to make me crack up soooo bad in the middle of the movie. xD; I've only really seen him as Snape, so... yeah. That'll be ODD for sure. :d And ZOMG CHRISTOPHER LEE AND HELENA BONHAM CARTER AND JOHNNY DEPP YAY :D

I like Johnny Depp's Hatter now that there's more pictures. But I still agree with this: http://bri-chan.deviantart.com/art/reggie-vs-johnny-103914080 DISNEY'S HATTER ISH BETTER. D: I love Disney's Alice in Wonderland <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back