• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Through The Fire And Flames - A Kingdom Hearts Fanfiction Story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Hello my fellow writers! King Sora X here to bring you my new project, Through The Fire and Flames. This is one that I have been wanting to do and NaNoWriMo has presented me with enough inspiration to do it. So, I do hope you enjoy it.

Synopsis~
Gios is just an ordinary teenager. He hangs out with his friends, goes to school, and does everything a normal teenager should do. However, little does he know that his life is about to change in the biggest of ways as something dangerous lurks in the shadows and he will soon find out that from the ashes of fire comes the birth of heaven and hell’s flames

Table of Contents

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
~B~B~B~B~B

Chapter I: Didn’t Expect That

Author Notes:
Here is the first chapter, and a few things to know:
-All original creations are my property
-All already created creations belong to their respective owners
-Kingdom Hearts is owned by Disney and Square Enix.

In a world surrounded by darkness with only a faint light source in the form of a barely-showing moon, there stood a few hooded figures in black cloaks. The figures stand at the edge of a cliff looking at a display of total destruction in the form of pure black fire burning away a town down to ash. These flames are indeed the flames of hell. The flames are among the hottest of fire magic. All three of the figures just stand there as if admiring their work.

“So, they’re making their move tonight are they?” Said the middle figure, perhaps signaling that it was the leader of the three.

“According to our reports, yes.” Said the figure on the right.

“And the boy? What does he know?” Asked the middle figure.

“It seems that he’s unaware that he’s the one.” Replied the figure from before.

“Okay then.” Said the middle one again.

“Do you want us to stop them?” Asked the figure on the left.

“No, let them have their fun. We will make our move shortly.” Said the middle figure.

“As you wish, Lord Azazel.” Said both of the figures as they disappeared into a vortex of red and black fire.

“Yes, it will soon happen as you predicted, Father..” Said Azazel as he too disappeared through a vortex of red and black fire.

<~~~>

It was like any other day. The sun was up high as it shined its beautiful light upon the residents of Destiny City. The sky was blue with white puffs floating around creating a shadow here and there. Anyone who were to be out and about would feel the breeze picking up from the wind. It wasn’t a heavy one. Actually, some could even call it a light breeze as one’s hair would lightly fly freely into the air. Yes, the weather certainly was nice out and based on the position of the sun, it was around early evening, which was right around the time that Destiny High School students got out.

As the sound of a three-second long bell went off, the sounds of roaring students running came like a wild stampede and the screams came like a loud ringing noise in one’s ear that they just couldn’t shake off for a few minutes. It was to be expected, of course, as it was the last day of school and the beginning of summer break. Every student wanted to do their very best to get their asses out of the school and begin to enjoy their summer break. However, there was one student who was unlike the rest. He waited until everyone was gone and he casually went off as silent as he could.

The student who waited until the rest were all gone waved goodbye to his teachers as he would bow to them, his school bag held in both hands and in his center. When he bowed, his back-length black hair flipped over his face. Raising his head, Gios Ember proceeded to walk out of the classroom he was in. He walked through the blue and gold halls that had ceiling lights that were no doubt that they contained magic within them as they shined a light so elegant and quaint that only magic could do. There were lockers almost at every turn that Gios took to get out of the halls. These lockers had the school’s colors of blue and gold plastered on them, Lockers were everywhere, though. Whether it was through the science section, there were lockers. Whether it was the math section, there were lockers. It didn’t matter which way Gios turned, lockers were everywhere. It was to be expected, of course since there are over two-thousand students who are(or would it be were?) enrolled in Destiny High School.

By the time came that Gios had reached the outside of the school, he stopped. His auburn eyes looked to the sky and the first thing that he felt was the gentle breeze flowing through his face and then to his hair, which was flown back slightly. He took in a deep breath, sniffing the clean air as it would relax his already calmed center. Gios would then exhale as he would close his eyes, letting the calmness of the wind take him even further into a relaxed state of mind. After a few minutes of doing that, Gios opened his eyes and gripped his brown, leather bag by the black handle. He then would start walking to his house, which was pretty far, but Gios didn’t mind the walk. It was quiet and if he was lucky, he might run into one of his best friends in the entire world.

Taking the long way home, Gios found himself on Central Way which was going right into the Downtown area of Destiny City. There were stores of different varieties. There were stores for kids, adults. On the streets, there were plenty of people around walking. Some were talking amongst themselves and some were window shopping. Gios would walk past them and they would wave to him and he would do the polite thing and wave back to him, but he said nothing. Gios never was one to be very talkative. Of course, he would talk if addressed, but he wouldn’t be the one to initiate the conversation. It just wasn’t the type of guy he was.

Gios came to an intersection that he would turn left to as that was the way to go home. As he would indeed do so, he heard a loud yell of someone calling out to him. “GIOS-KUN!!!” Said the voice.

Coming in out of nowhere was a boy of similar height of Gios, which only came to barely sixty-nine inches(five-foot-nine). The boy who called out to Gios so loudly and rather impolitely was one with nearly pure white hair that curled in some places, but also was almost wavy as it came down to his neck. This boy also had azure eyes. His skin color was the same as Gios’, which was lightly tanned and complexion that of fair. His clothing attire was a simple one of blue jeans and a white T shirt with a dark blue jacket and white and blue shoes.

Knowing that his friend was going to try to tackle him, Gios simply side-stepped his friend, who would land on his face. “Vento, it’s nice to see you.” Gios said eyes closed and smiling.

Getting up, Vento instantly was at Gios‘ face. “BRO! WHY YOU GOT TO DODGE ME LIKE THAT!?” Vento yelled, complaining about what Gios just did, arms up in the air expressing his faux-annoyance.

Gios just shook his head and he looked to his friend smiling gently. “So, what can I do for you, Vento?” Gios asked.

At this point Vento had his arms behind his head and he smiled freely. “I just wanted to see my good buddy. Is that such a crime?” Vento said.

“Not at all, but you did make yourself known rather abrasively.” Gios pointed out.

“Now, now Gios, that’s just how I am. You of all people should know that?” Vento said as if reminding Gios.

Gios nodded. “Yes, you’re right.” Gios said agreeing, “but seriously, why exactly did you want to see me?” Gios asked once more.

Vento just sighed. “In all seriousness, I was worried.” He said.

“Worried about what?” Gios asked.

“The Flare Killer of course.” Vento said.

Gios remembered hearing about that rumor. It was said that there was some being out there who, at night, goes around town causing all sorts of mess with the local cops and wreaking havoc and destruction. This killer also uses some weird type of magic that seems to instantaneously set people on fire, thus the name The Flare Killer was given to this person.

“Vento, it’s not even night time yet. I really doubt that the Flare Killer would be out in broad daylight.” Gios said laughing slightly. “Besides, I’m always careful. I wouldn’t dare find myself in any kind of situation that dared warrant that killer to come after me.” Gios said assuring Vento.

Vento sighed again. He knew that Gios was right, but he still worried for his friend. “Regardless, I’m not leaving your side until you get home and you can’t change my mind.” Vento said sternly.

Gios just shrugged, admitting defeat. It was with that one shrug that Gios and Vento continued along the way to Gios’ house, which actually was still ways away.

<~~~>

As the hours went by in Destiny City, the skies went from light blue and white clouds to midnight blue and white stars. The moon was shown in full tonight and the streets of the city were quiet. Nothing was stirring, not even a itty, bitty little mouse or an ant for that matter. It was as if silence was the identity that the city had at night. All the shops were closed, everyone was most likely at their homes. Indeed, it was as if it was a ghost town.

The darkness and silence even took over Destiny Islands, but there was something off about Destiny Islands, especially with the company gathered on top of it. From what one person would see(should they be roaming it), there would be seen a group of seven people, all wearing black robes that had a weird insignia of red. It was the form of swirling fire around eyes. It almost seemed like it was of a tribal-type of design.

“Is the boy here?” Said one of the cloaked figures.

“Yes. He rests with his friend and family.” Said another.

“This is most excellent. We can begin the preperations then.” Replied the first voice.

“Why are we even interested in him? His powers have yet to awaken?” Entered a third voice.

“The keyword being yet. You of all people should know that his powers will be ginormous if nurtured the right away.” Said the first voice again.

“You are right, Atlas.” Said the third voice, admitting defeat.

“Good, now onto the topic at hand.” Said Atlas, “We must do it tonight.”

“Already?” Said another voice as if whining.

“If not tonight, then we must wait until the next full moon.” Atlas replied.

“If we must.” Said the whining voice admitting defeat.

Each of the seven looked at each other and it was the one who obviously was the leader, Atlas, that removed his hood, revealing a nearly-middle-aged man with red hair and markings around. His white eyes pierced through the night and in the same second that his hood came down, his body was gone from sight.

“This is going to be a long night, isn’t it, Amber?” Said one of the figures.

“Oh stop complaining, Drake.” Amber, the only female of the group, said.

As it was with Atlas, the rest of the group disappeared to only they knew where, each disappearing into bursts of different colored, stationary fire.

<~~~>

As he had just finished up eating his dinner, Gios gave his mother and father a hug and kiss as he would retire for the night. His legs moved themselves up the two flights of stairs that would take him to his room, to which he opened the door. His room was modest as all he had was a bed, a dresser, a tv, a video game console, closet, his own bathroom, a computer(and desk and chair), and a balcony. Well, at least it was modest for him. His family wasn’t rich, but they had a good amount of money for him to have a comfortable life.

Gios took his school uniform off and would slip himself into black sweats and a red tank-top. He would look around and the sight of his bed was calling to him, but he would first step onto the balcony and enjoy the silence and serenity that was the night. He didn’t know if it was just the fact that his room had the best view of the entire city, with the view of the city’s lights and the islands off in the distance.

As he looked on, Gios saw something. “What was that?” He asked himself. He didn’t know, but he saw flickers of light around the islands. Perhaps his eyes were playing tricks on him. It was getting late and he had a long last day of school. Perhaps bed would be the best thing for Gios to do instead of what he was doing at the current moment. Deciding that he would go to bed, Gios turned around and as he did, there was a man in his room in a black cloak. “Um, who are you?” Gios asked calmly.

Atlas looked at him surprised. He thought for sure that Gios would be shocked or frightened. “You’re not afraid of me?” Atlas asked.

Gios shrugged. “Am I supposed to be?” He asked raising an eyebrow.

Atlas laughed. “No, I guess not.” He laughed again.

“So, want to tell me what you’re doing here? Gios echoed his question.

“Ah yes.” Atlas said as he walked closely to Gios. “Gios Ember, I am here to show you the path of your destiny. I am here to awaken the power inside of you.” He said.

“Power? What power?” Gios asked blinking.

“Within you lies a dangerous power, one that those of darkness will aim to control and use for evil. You hold within you the mighty power of the Heavenly Flame and it is your destiny to use it as apart of a prestigious group of warriors known as The Flare Society.” Atlas told Gios.

Looking at Atlas, Gios just couldn’t believe the words that he was hearing. No, that wasn’t true. He did believe them, but that didn’t take away any of the shock he was experiencing. He didn’t even know that he had some kind of mystical power within him and that it was somehow laid dorment for some unknown reason. Even more so, Atlas pretty much told him that someone out there in whatever world that they were from wanted to use it for evil. Gios didn’t know what to think of that, but he knew it wasn’t good.

“So, you’re saying that I’m some kind of superhuman of some kind?” Gios asked.

Atlas smiled. “In some aspects, yes.” He said

Gios sat down on his bed. “Well this certainly made my day.”

Shinra

Banned
Awards
oh man... this was an enjoyable read X. Great job. the central theme of fire seemed to permeate my thoughts as I read it although it didn't distract me from the details at all. oh and nice touch with the title... DRAGONFORCE FTW!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I really the description of Gios surroundings and his personality. Vento's personality compliments Gios wonderfully. The story itself is really imaginative and I wouldn't of expected that the Flare Killer is actually a society. I wonder if the burnt bodies are from those that had powers in dormant that got awoken without help, or perhaps, they do burn but it doesn't hurt them? Either way, this story really caught my eye and I'd love to know more. :)

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
New chapter~

---------------------------------------

Chapter II - Goodbye Ordinary Life

Author Notes:
I would like to invite anyone to read it and review. Anything you can say, be it positive or negative, I would much appreciate it.

As for other matters, anything that has to do with a flashback or thoughts, that will be in Italics.

Of course, anything I feature of my own creation belongs to me. Other than that, credit goes to their rightful owners.

<~~~>

As he sat on his bed, the subtle light from the moon of the night shedding a slight illumination to his semi-dark room, Gios looked at Atlas, who at this point was calmly standing on the opposite side of Gios. The man was definitely being patient with Gios. Though, it wasn’t like Gios was freaking out inside or on the outside for that matter. Actually, he was cautiously thinking about what Atlas had just told him and debating on whether or not he should believe him. All he really knew about what the man had told him was that he had some kind of power within him and that those in the darkness would want to use it for evil purposes.

Gios took in a deep breath and then released it as he would stand up. He continued to lock his auburn eyes on Atlas’ pearly whites. “Say that I do believe you. What will happen next?” Gios asked Atlas.

“You and I will leave this place and go to a world that is often visited by my kind.” Atlas told him.

“Mhm, and what would happen when we get there?” Gios raised an eyebrow.

“You will be put through trials of course.” Atlas said.

“What kind of trials?” Gios asked.

“They will measure certain feats that you may or may not be skilled in and it would further the process of your powers being awakened.” Atlas informed him.

Gios took his gaze away from Atlas for a brief moment and looked to his balcony, to which he would walk towards. Gios stepped out of his room and would look at the sky. His eyes were full of intrigue by what Atlas had told him and a strange feeling of something took over. He couldn’t place it, but there was something in him that actually wanted to go with Atlas and to the world that he mentioned. There was just something in Gios that wanted adventure. Even as his hands were on the edge of the balcony, he felt overtaken by a certain sense of adventure that he didn’t think that he had. Vento had it, but Gios never showed it. However, hearing what Atlas said really started to appeal to him.

Gios turned his back to the balcony, leaned it against the brick red stone and looked at Atlas as he did the same to Gios. “Fine, I accept. I just need a day to inform my parents of it.” Gios told Atlas.

“That’s going to be a problem.” Atlas regrettably informed Gios.

“And why’s that?” Gios asked.

“In order to ensure that your powers don’t prematurely awaken, we must start tonight. Furthermore, to allow you to inform your parents would not be wise.” Atlas said.

Gios now was beginning to feel suspicious of Atlas. Not too much that warranted a vocal response of such a feeling, but enough to at least have some kind of doubt. “Mind telling me why my parents can’t find out about this?” Gios asked Atlas.

Atlas sighed as if getting annoyed slightly. “Your parents are, as some would say, mortals.” Atlas told him.

“Mortals?”
“Yes, mortals. As in those without any sort of special trait within them aside from being human.”
“You say that as if I’m not.”
“That’s exactly what I’m saying.”

Now Gios was beginning to wonder more and more about all of this. He thought that his suspicions were just cause Atlas seemed a little shady. However, after hearing what the man had to say about how his parents were mortals and somehow Gios was not, that even made him more unsure about it all.

“Okay, then why don’t you enlighten me about what exactly I am!” Gios said with a slight hint of attitude and demanding in his voice.

Atlas just shook his head half-annoyed, half-disappointed. He knew that it would be a tough sell for Gios to freely come with him, but he never expected it to be this hard. “I cannot say for certain exactly what you are. I can only say that you are apart of an ancient race dating back to centuries before this world even was gifted with what mortals called Adam and Eve.” Atlas told him, hoping that it would be enough to satisfy him.

Arms crossed over his chest, Gios took every word that Atlas had spoke to him. He could tell by his tone that what he said was the truth. That was just something that Gios knew about people. Still, if it were anybody else, it would be something that was out of the question to believe. However, Gios strangely found himself believing every single word that Atlas said. “Okay. Then, I guess all there is left to do is for me to pack a bag, huh?” Gios rhetorically said as a small laugh escaped his breathe.

“That won’t be necessary.” Atlas said.

Gios raised a brow. “And why is that?”

“We have clothes of your size waiting for you.” Atlas said.

“But what about now? I can’t go in the clothing that I’m in.” Gios pointed out.

“Worry not, young one.” Atlas smiled.

Atlas would hold out his right arm, fingers extended. Magical glows of red and orange flickered and soon the same colors were around Gios and within the seconds that it did, Gios’ clothing changed from his pajamas to a traditional Japanese garb that had a long-sleeved shirt of red and silver colors and the symbol of The Flare Society was stitched into it. The pants were of loose material, but formed to fit him. Simple black shoes that looked like dancing shoes graced Gios’ feet.

Looking at his new clothes, Gios was just amazed. It wasn’t the fact that he just saw magic. No, that wasn’t the reason why he was amazed. This was the outfit that he dreamt of constantly and somehow Atlas knew of it. That just made him so surprised. “Okay then, let’s go I guess.” Gios said still star struck.

Atlas smiled and grabbed Gios’ left hand. “Hold tight, this might get trippy.” He said as fire surrounded them, and in the blink of an eye, they were gone from Gios’ room and off to god-knows where.

AN:
A shorter chapter than the first one, but I promise the next few chapters will be at least three times as longer than the first two.

As always, review~

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I really like how Gios gave actual thought before leaping into the unknown with Atlas. I like how he was in awe of the clothes he was magically given. Gios is growing on me a lot after only two chapters worth. The potential he could have really excites me. I'm extremely curious what the world Atlas comes from is like and how Gios will react to it. I kind of see Atlas being a mentor to Gios as he obtains his powers. And I wonder if he'll ever see his parents or Vento again? Another good chapter even if it's short. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back