• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Three keyblade wars and the truth of the keyblade graveyard 's past?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hirokey123

Awards
So this latest trailer has left me confused about something.

That new world Scala Ad Caelum appears to have the same architecture as the ruins we see in the keyblade graveyard that Xehanort lifted from beneath the ground. The most blatant place this can be seen is an almost identical elaborate wall flourish/swish seen behind Master Xehanort is also seen behind the "New Hood" (who let's be honest is probably just Xion) in that scene they point their keyblade at Lea.

So this implies they are one and the same but that raises the question of what exactly happened in this world. How does this gorgeous world become a wasteland and then back again? Did Xehanort use some sort of magic, is it an illusion, have we time traveled or turned back time? There are lots of potential answers but something I think stands out is how the world appears to be devoid of people, it's this pristine world that looks as if no one has entered in years. Which is I think a sign that points to Xehanort having restore the world from its ruins but more on that later.

Another arguably bigger oddity is how this used to be the keyblader seat of power even though we were lead to believe Daybreak Town was, and that isn't Daybreak Town. What makes this really REALLY strange is this the world was already ruined by the time of KHX because when the wielders go to fight their war there it's already an empty wasteland. So I'm starting to think Nomura might have pulled a major misdirection on us on what KHX story has been this whole time.

It's the story of the keyblade war alright, the war Kairi's grandma's story talks about it. But it's NOT the story of the war that the X-blade was forged in, there really has been two wars all along that took place in the same place and that's how Nomura misdirected us. Xehanort said the war for the X-blade took place in the graveyard and that's true, it's just not the one we saw in chi. Which explains why the war in Chi had seemingly literally nothing to do with the X-blade, it never appears, it never is mentioned, and they were fighting instead over bits of light called Lux and were going to use that to summon Kingdom Hearts.

So here is what I propose the actual series of events are....

In the ancient past further back than is remembered that grand city, the station of keyblade wielders, existed. The people there lived in the light, became greedy for it, and engaged in a war to forge the X-blade that broke it. In the end their war destroyed this world and left it a wasteland, but not a keyblade graveyard. Fast Forward possibly hundreds of years KHX happens and the MoM manipulated his students into causing another war for one reason or another. This time the war's consequences were much more dire, Kingdom Hearts was sucked into the darkness and the world itself was shattered/disconnected. The keyblades from that war remained where their wielders fell and thus the wasteland became known as the keyblade graveyard.

The two wars in the same place and the distortion of stories being carried down through the ages ultimately merged the tales into a singular one, that's the real secret. That the war in KH3 is actually the third keyblade war, the one in Chi is the second, and the first one has almost no leftover records of it and we never saw it. Xehanort's true goal this whole time has been to remake the original war. He's recreating the X-blade and from the looks of it he already restored the keyblade graveyard to its former glory somehow. Like a scientist he's trying to as closely duplicate the original circumstances as he can.

What do you think?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
This is one of those theories that feels like I just read a spoiler lol. I genuinely think this is probably at least on the right track. It would also make me feel a lot better about Browser X, as the Keyblade War in it was just not what was really expected at all.

Hirokey123

Awards
This is one of those theories that feels like I just read a spoiler lol. I genuinely think this is probably at least on the right track. It would also make me feel a lot better about Browser X, as the Keyblade War in it was just not what was really expected at all.
It might actually even explain some things about Chi as well. Like for example what if the MoM is actually from the original keyblade war, what if he wasn't a time traveler from the future but the past. In fact maybe that's why he never cared about anything because to him this whole world that came after is just a diversion if you will. He travels forward in time to set in motion the restoration of his world/home then he returns to his own time, gets take out with it, and come KH3 Xehanort's shenanigans restored the MoM's world and ultimately we might even restore the people who were lost in the first war as well and just like the MoM is alive in present day again for the next saga. It might even be darker perhaps isn't not just his world he wanted to restore but it sounds a lot like the keybladers may have literally ruled the world as a whole at some point, maybe he wants that back to. In fact wouldn't it be a kicker if the MoM was actually just essentially an evil Ansem the wise type dude. Big powerful ruler whose foolishness destroyed his city, his seat of power, and his people.

I will say having two wars with Chi being the second also fits into another piece of the lore. The keyblade was created by people to conquer the light and THEN turned into a tool to defend the light. Chi never really fit this but make it the second war and suddenly everything clicks here. First war is fought by people who are greedy world dominators. Second war is fought by armies who ultimately just wanted to use the keyblade to protect the light. Also the whole "weapon to conquer the light" would fit well with that little theory I just threw up about how the keybladers may have actually just outright ruled the world in the past before Chi.

khmickey

It might actually even explain some things about Chi as well. Like for example what if the MoM is actually from the original keyblade war, what if he wasn't a time traveler from the future but the past. In fact maybe that's why he never cared about anything because to him this whole world that came after is just a diversion if you will. He travels forward in time to set in motion the restoration of his world/home then he returns to his own time, gets take out with it, and come KH3 Xehanort's shenanigans restored the MoM's world and ultimately we might even restore the people who were lost in the first war as well and just like the MoM is alive in present day again for the next saga. It might even be darker perhaps isn't not just his world he wanted to restore but it sounds a lot like the keybladers may have literally ruled the world as a whole at some point, maybe he wants that back to. In fact wouldn't it be a kicker if the MoM was actually just essentially an evil Ansem the wise type dude. Big powerful ruler whose foolishness destroyed his city, his seat of power, and his people.

I will say having two wars with Chi being the second also fits into another piece of the lore. The keyblade was created by people to conquer the light and THEN turned into a tool to defend the light. Chi never really fit this but make it the second war and suddenly everything clicks here. First war is fought by people who are greedy world dominators. Second war is fought by armies who ultimately just wanted to use the keyblade to protect the light. Also the whole "weapon to conquer the light" would fit well with that little theory I just threw up about how the keybladers may have actually just outright ruled the world in the past before Chi.

It DEFINITELY sets up the game franchise well for an ending of "Here we go again..." with Sora, etc. whilst being a new saga investigating new lore.

I think you may be onto Nomura!

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
So this latest trailer has left me confused about something.

That new world Scala Ad Caelum appears to have the same architecture as the ruins we see in the keyblade graveyard that Xehanort lifted from beneath the ground. The most blatant place this can be seen is an almost identical elaborate wall flourish/swish seen behind Master Xehanort is also seen behind the "New Hood" (who let's be honest is probably just Xion) in that scene they point their keyblade at Lea.

So this implies they are one and the same but that raises the question of what exactly happened in this world. How does this gorgeous world become a wasteland and then back again? Did Xehanort use some sort of magic, is it an illusion, have we time traveled or turned back time? There are lots of potential answers but something I think stands out is how the world appears to be devoid of people, it's this pristine world that looks as if no one has entered in years. Which is I think a sign that points to Xehanort having restore the world from its ruins but more on that later.

Another arguably bigger oddity is how this used to be the keyblader seat of power even though we were lead to believe Daybreak Town was, and that isn't Daybreak Town. What makes this really REALLY strange is this the world was already ruined by the time of KHX because when the wielders go to fight their war there it's already an empty wasteland. So I'm starting to think Nomura might have pulled a major misdirection on us on what KHX story has been this whole time.

It's the story of the keyblade war alright, the war Kairi's grandma's story talks about it. But it's NOT the story of the war that the X-blade was forged in, there really has been two wars all along that took place in the same place and that's how Nomura misdirected us. Xehanort said the war for the X-blade took place in the graveyard and that's true, it's just not the one we saw in chi. Which explains why the war in Chi had seemingly literally nothing to do with the X-blade, it never appears, it never is mentioned, and they were fighting instead over bits of light called Lux and were going to use that to summon Kingdom Hearts.

So here is what I propose the actual series of events are....

In the ancient past further back than is remembered that grand city, the station of keyblade wielders, existed. The people there lived in the light, became greedy for it, and engaged in a war to forge the X-blade that broke it. In the end their war destroyed this world and left it a wasteland, but not a keyblade graveyard. Fast Forward possibly hundreds of years KHX happens and the MoM manipulated his students into causing another war for one reason or another. This time the war's consequences were much more dire, Kingdom Hearts was sucked into the darkness and the world itself was shattered/disconnected. The keyblades from that war remained where their wielders fell and thus the wasteland became known as the keyblade graveyard.

The two wars in the same place and the distortion of stories being carried down through the ages ultimately merged the tales into a singular one, that's the real secret. That the war in KH3 is actually the third keyblade war, the one in Chi is the second, and the first one has almost no leftover records of it and we never saw it. Xehanort's true goal this whole time has been to remake the original war. He's recreating the X-blade and from the looks of it he already restored the keyblade graveyard to its former glory somehow. Like a scientist he's trying to as closely duplicate the original circumstances as he can.

What do you think?

I think that you’re secretly the MoM for being able to deduce this.

In all seriousness, your theory has a lot of merit there. If the Keyblade Graveyard is indeed Scala ad Caelum destroyed instead of Daybreak Town as assumed before, then it could possibly be some magic or illusion.

Not sure about time travel, as we don’t know yet if Xehanort had a version of him in the bygone days of Scala ad Caelum and as such might not have been able to travel that far back, but hey, anything can happen.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Well we have stories from the series about a world without borders, and we've seen a broken and tattered Land of Departure become Castle Oblivion so it could easily have something to do with the Heart of the World or a world where everything is whole.

LucasDraleau

I really love the theory and definitely believe something happened to Scala Ad Caelum.

But Nomura mention that the place we see Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus is a new world (back in the July 2017 Famitsu article) and that back when Cable Town was revealed in 2014 that the audiences saw Sora looking at a chess board that appears to be the same as the one shown in the flashbacks and that Cable Town has the exact same design as Scala Ad Caelum (with three mountains with white buildings). So going off this information they appear to be one and the same.

If so this would seem to indicate that something actually happened in the 60 years prior to Birth by Sleep, since Master Xehanort is said to be 80 and Young Xehanort is 20.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well we have stories from the series about a world without borders, and we've seen a broken and tattered Land of Departure become Castle Oblivion so it could easily have something to do with the Heart of the World or a world where everything is whole.

What I wonder, though, if Scala ad Caelum is just the Seat of the Keyblade Masters, or did Xehanort restore the Old World and every world has been fused together.

Could it be Scala ad Caelum is modelled after the ruins from Keyblade Graveyard?
What do you think it is so important in the new world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back