• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Threatening website directed at Chicago

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So this is somewhat related to the Boston bombs, but I just found this on tumblr.

Don't know if anyone else has seen it, it hasn't been brought up yet. Apparently it came up after the marathon.

I'm not too sure what it's counting down to, there's no big event to my knowlege going on. I thought originally it meant May 3rd because there's a Cubs game that day, but it's set to 3:20 am on the 4th?
A tumblr user on the post said it's a marathon in Chicago, but the only one I know of is in October. I'm not too sure what else it could be. There's always something happening in Chicago, can't be too sure.

4chan has already translated the text, and someone pasted it on the second post of this yahoo answer, it's the same thing.

It could be fake and just be to scare people, but what do you guys think of this? I know there've been other sites like this as well in the past, but I'm just personally shaken up because, well, I live there(ish). I actually wanted to go to Chicago that day for a concert, too.

To my knowledge, they're upping the security as is here because of the marathon that is coming up but there's only so much you can do.

Last edited:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Another Tumblr post brought up some more info about the domain and who has the site. It supposedly has to do with a shelter.

But, honestly, this is freakin' creepy. With what happened in Boston and the timing of the event on the site, I'm not sure if this is a scare, a real threat, or something else entirely. Please be careful, regardless of whatever this is >.<

According to that tumblr user, the registration date of the site goes all the way back to January. It's one thing if it went live after the bombings, but an entirely different thing if it's been around for that long. Hopefully it's a hoax, but I doubt it.

EDIT: Accoriding to this yahoo answers user, this is what the message means:

Correspondence

Abundant caution does no harm to others

We dare to defend our rights

Ready for either alternative // prepared for both

Not only that, but someone else found a similar, creepier site: Countdown

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just clicked sabrina's link 5 minutes ago, and I just came back and the site is 'temporarily unavailable'.
It happened to me as well, just click it again, it's getting a lot of traffic today. :/

According to that tumblr user, the registration date of the site goes all the way back to January. It's one thing if it went live after the bombings, but an entirely different thing if it's been around for that long. Hopefully it's a hoax, but I doubt it.
Why do you doubt that it's a hoax, exactly? Sites like this have existed in the past so I'm curious.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
It happened to me as well, just click it again, it's getting a lot of traffic today. :/

Why do you doubt that it's a hoax, exactly? Sites like this have existed in the past so I'm curious.

Because of the registration date.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Because of the registration date.
But what event would it count down to? .-.

I really can't find anything about a run happening on the date like the tumblr user said, which if I checked correctly, it ends at 3:20ish AM. I just have no idea.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Hey, I did some research and it's counting down to Chicago's Run event.. it makes sense after what happened to Boston. I hope I'm so wrong on this one.. but I'm scared.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hey, I did some research and it's counting down to Chicago's Run event.. it makes sense after what happened to Boston. I hope I'm so wrong on this one.. but I'm scared.

It is amazing how bad I am at google sometimes. MISSED THAT, okay.
But still, yeah, I mean I obviously have friends in Chicago, I prolly will play it safe and not go that weekend, but even so, "Chicago" is such a broad term for the area, my suburb is technically part of the Chicago area. It really could be anything.

But yes, how the hell did I manage to miss this? I searched the same thing...
http://www.cpdmemorial.org/run/

It's a police memorial run too... ._."

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
It is amazing how bad I am at google sometimes. MISSED THAT, okay.
But still, yeah, I mean I obviously have friends in Chicago, I prolly will play it safe and not go that weekend, but even so, "Chicago" is such a broad term for the area, my suburb is technically part of the Chicago area. It really could be anything.

But yes, how the hell did I manage to miss this? I searched the same thing...
Run to Remember « The Chicago Police Memorial Foundation

It's a police memorial run too... ._."

I have been to Chicago only one time and I remember seeing an sign about the Run, so.. But that was just last year and I never got to go back again. :/

It's okay if you missed it; I was just doing what an detective would do.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
There are thousands of people out there who would do this just to get some sick fun out of it. The odds of it being a hoax out-way it being real.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
There are thousands of people out there who would do this just to get some sick fun out of it. The odds of it being a hoax out-way it being real.

True, but it's better to be prepared even if it a hoax.

Kagayaki

Awards
This may sound bad, but I only wish it were a joke. Even if I don't like that type of humor. I think we would be prepared, either way.

Edit: Yeah, not a very good thing to do. I hate humor like that

Last edited:

Shawty

Awards
I saw that you reblogged this, I went to google and read some really freaky things. I truly hope nothing will happen and everyone will be safe. I may live a few thousand miles away but I'm still creeped out about it.

Edit; just read that it's a marketing campain gone wrong.. Well then.. It still seems rather odd to me, but I guess it was just awfully bad timing.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
As if it wouldn't generate fear if it didn't happen during the Boston Bombings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back