• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thq is going to re-release old Nickelodeon videogames

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bagcifreak

Kinda surprised this hasn't been touched upon here... but THQ recently announced that they're going to re-release some of their old Nickelodeon videogames for current generation consoles. They even provided a list:

[FONT=&quot]The full list of game titles are:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Avatar: The Last Airbender[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Back At The Barnyard[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Catscratch[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Danny Phantom[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]El Tigre[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Invader Zim[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Jimmy Neutron[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]My Life As A Teenage Robot[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Rocket Power[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Rocko's Modern Life[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Rugrats[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]SpongeBob SquarePants[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Tak And The Power Of JUJU[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The Fairly OddParents (US only)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The Ren & Stimpy Show[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The Wild Thornberrys[/FONT]

At first I was a little confused cause I couldn't remember some of those shows ever having a video game until I realized that they had to license some of the shows again because they were part of the "Nicktoons" games. They said they would reveal more information in the coming months. My theory is that we're getting the following collections:

- Avatar: The Last Airbender Trilogy (The Last Airbender, The Burning Earth, Into The Inferno)

- Tak: And The Power Of Juju Trilogy or Collection (Tak 1, 2, 3 (& 4))

- Nicktoons Collection (Unite, Battle For Volcano Island, Attack Of The Toybots, Globs Of Doom)

- Jimmy Neutron Trilogy (Boy Genius, Attack Of The Twonkies, Jet Fusion)

- Spongebob Squarepants (either trilogy, two trilogies or collection) (Revenge Of The Flying Dutchman, Battle For Bikini Bottom, The Movie ||||| , Creature From The Crusty Crab, Atlantis, Truth Or Square)

- Some Nickelodeon Show Collection (Rugrats Game, Rocket Power Game, Back To The Barnyard Game, El Tigre Game)

I could also see them releasing Spongebob Boating Bash & Lights Camera Pants as some sort of Party Game Collection idk.

I don't really care about Jimmy Neutron or games like Barnyard, etc. but I NEED Avatar, Spongebob & the Nicktoons Unite Games on my PS4!!!!!

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Kinda surprised this hasn't been touched upon here... but THQ recently announced that they're going to re-release some of their old Nickelodeon videogames for current generation consoles. They even provided a list:

At first I was a little confused cause I couldn't remember some of those shows ever having a video game until I realized that they had to license some of the shows again because they were part of the "Nicktoons" games. They said they would reveal more information in the coming months. My theory is that we're getting the following collections:

- Avatar: The Last Airbender Trilogy (The Last Airbender, The Burning Earth, Into The Inferno)

- Tak: And The Power Of Juju Trilogy or Collection (Tak 1, 2, 3 (& 4))

- Nicktoons Collection (Unite, Battle For Volcano Island, Attack Of The Toybots, Globs Of Doom)

- Jimmy Neutron Trilogy (Boy Genius, Attack Of The Twonkies, Jet Fusion)

- Spongebob Squarepants (either trilogy, two trilogies or collection) (Revenge Of The Flying Dutchman, Battle For Bikini Bottom, The Movie ||||| , Creature From The Crusty Crab, Atlantis, Truth Or Square)

- Some Nickelodeon Show Collection (Rugrats Game, Rocket Power Game, Back To The Barnyard Game, El Tigre Game)

I could also see them releasing Spongebob Boating Bash & Lights Camera Pants as some sort of Party Game Collection idk.

I don't really care about Jimmy Neutron or games like Barnyard, etc. but I NEED Avatar, Spongebob & the Nicktoons Unite Games on my PS4!!!!!

I played a ton of SpongeBob games, and I love crossovers so I played Nicktoons Unite as well. I am ashamed I never played the ATLA games...so maybe I will now?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
For shame, I was in high school with my little cousin playing a Avatar game, the co op one. We didn't get pass the part Appa got taken tho

I played the multi-player on one at a party a few months ago, it was fun! I also have had the Korra game for years and never played it lol. I was sort of sad it was after Season 2 I think when it first came out, and my girl Asami isn't in it at all ha. But I really need to get around to playing it.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I am actually getting the original Tak and the Power of Juju. I'm kind of happy but I am a bit worried if the person will ship it. I've already beaten Tak 2 and the Staff of Dreams. I got one of their spin off games: Tak and the Guardians of Gross, which is pretty much for that horrible television show that never took off in the 2000s.

Caxinuld

Awards
I thought THQ went bankrupt years ago, is it the same company being revived or just a different company with the same initials?

bagcifreak

I thought THQ went bankrupt years ago, is it the same company being revived or just a different company with the same initials?

Nordic Games bought most of Thq's franchises & the company name back then. Afterwards they bought some of the studios that got the other Thq licenses (Deep Silver, Koch Media) and now Nordic Games changed their name to "Thq Nordic" so they're pretty much the new Thq.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Duuuude, I just replayed Battle for Bikini Bottom on my old PS2 recently! I am SO hyped to be bringing it back for this generation.

Anyone know if these are remasters or just ports?

bagcifreak

Duuuude, I just replayed Battle for Bikini Bottom on my old PS2 recently! I am SO hyped to be bringing it back for this generation.

No details but I'm assuming they're making them look a little prettier like the Ratchet & Clank or Tomb Raider Trilogies. Not expecting more than that. Maybe depending on success we get new games sometime in the future aswell. Activision is terrible with their license games

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I remember playing Rocket Power. I want to see them touch up and improve the games before release though.

Meow Wow

Awards
Aww man, I still have Attack of the Toybots and Atlantis Squarepantis on the DS, but I was only able to beat Attack of the Toybots.

I'd imagine that they would be remasters, considering how they would need to improve the overall look of the games to fit on current gen consoles. But I can see them getting away with ports too... so I guess it's anyone's guess at this point.

Soldier

Awards
They're remaking/porting the Tak series??
WHAT!
Those games were my childhood! oh the memories are just flooding back now! the first one was great, so was the second! the third had multiplayer! and they're all coming back on the ps4! I'll be able to trophy hunt my childhood. I said it once and i'll say it again, 2018's a great year for gaming!!!

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
They're remaking/porting the Tak series??
WHAT!
Those games were my childhood! oh the memories are just flooding back now! the first one was great, so was the second! the third had multiplayer! and they're all coming back on the ps4! I'll be able to trophy hunt my childhood. I said it once and I'll say it again, 2018's a great year for gaming!!!
Maybe, I am too broke to appreciate this year. I did recently get a few Tak games for the PS2, one of them being inspired by that horrible television show. I hope we get a Tak 4 because if Nick is going to make another Tak TV series, it'll likely end up a failure like the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back