• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thoughts on this possible leak for the 20th anniversary?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Man the fanbase changed lol.

Five years ago, saying something like this would be inviting a curse upon your immortal soul.
Five years ago we weren’t in this hellscape haha

But even back then people were making fun of Nomura for making even concerts canon, so I think people have just lost the capacity for bs at this point. I would like for it to have a story as that is the only reason I engage with the franchise, but I don’t want to go back to the past where key story details are in a mobile game.

Awards
Five years ago we weren’t in this hellscape haha

But even back then people were making fun of Nomura for making even concerts canon, so I think people have just lost the capacity for bs at this point. I would like for it to have a story as that is the only reason I engage with the franchise, but I don’t want to go back to the past where key story details are in a mobile game.
People make fun of Nomura for doing it when it was just like...a conversation that is kinda just sorta whatever at this point that you can just ignore with not much issue and a dialogue piece that ended up in KH3 anyway

But when Yoko Taro makes a stage play canon and only ever has the events of said stage play that is vital to A2's character be a missable piece of visual novel in Automata and a side manga, no one gives a fuck cuz golly gee that yoko taro amirite

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The thought of more mobile games brought back memories of the years of disappointment UX brought upon me. Especially how they held back things like brooms and Fantasia Mickey until they were effectively useless in favour of getting more money from people.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
The only way I would be fine with a canon mobile game is if it's also available on consoles and it's fun.

I feel like a Kairi game would work as a mobile/genshin impact like game. Kairi trains with Aqua and then goes to different Disney worlds with Terra, Aqua and Ventus.

Kairi, Aqua, Terra and Ven would be the starting playable characters. They could slowly add more characters into the mix like Roxas and Xion.

It doesn't have to advance the plot that much other than "Kairi's training and went to some disney worlds - that's all you have to know"

Knowing Nomura though...he would definitely add huge plotpoints into the game

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
People make fun of Nomura for doing it when it was just like...a conversation that is kinda just sorta whatever at this point that you can just ignore with not much issue and a dialogue piece that ended up in KH3 anyway

But when Yoko Taro makes a stage play canon and only ever has the events of said stage play that is vital to A2's character be a missable piece of visual novel in Automata and a side manga, no one gives a fuck cuz golly gee that yoko taro amirite
I mean I complain about it with Yoko Taro, too xD

Even now with Reincarnation we are getting some really key details about the White Chlorination Syndrome and major Watchers intervention and I’m like “COOL I DONT EVEN PLAY!” And it’s annoying.

Nomura is more innocuous but it’s still not fair on players to engage with outside media and interviews to understand the full context of his projects. And at this point after suffering from console spread, years of interviews that had to be translated by fans to get better context for in-game events, and a mobile game that was out to take the most money it could from fans, people just want KH to stay in one lane. Have expanded media but don’t make it make or break to understand the future of the series.

Also even though the LS-Namine scene was referenced and explained in the game, it wasn’t the same as people experiencing the live script read…like they could have animated that scene and put it in the game but instead they just…tell us it happens. And that’s really, really poor storytelling lol. Games are a visual medium and we gotta sit through people standing around talking about what happened off-screen? Boo.

Zackarix

Awards
Even if this rumor is wrong there probably will eventually eventually be new ports of the games, even if it's for the generation after next. But I don't want EZ and Pro codes for the whole series as the new selling point to convince fans to rebuy games they've already bought multiple times. I'd really prefer something like being able to choose between vanilla and Final Mix Heartless colors, or between the original and remastered soundtracks, or multi-language audio (preferably every dub created, but I'd settle for English and Japanese.)

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
If they feel forced into making /another/ "Kairi game," yes please confine that garbage to one of their mobile trash. That way I will never play it. Sorry, but even if they made 5000 Kairi games, they can't turn crap into diamonds, stop letting one loud corner foist that bland-ass character on the rest of us. I'd take a Namine or Aqua game any day if they decide they want to make a female-driven game. Even a Xion game would be better, and I'm not really a big fan of her.

EDIT: I was scrolling down the page and thought several people were talking about the idea. Now I see it was only one person and I didn't want them to think I was saying that to them specifically, so much as reacting to the idea itself, just to be clear.

Last edited:

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Even if this rumor is wrong there probably will eventually eventually be new ports of the games, even if it's for the generation after next. But I don't want EZ and Pro codes for the whole series as the new selling point to convince fans to rebuy games they've already bought multiple times. I'd really prefer something like being able to choose between vanilla and Final Mix Heartless colors, or between the original and remastered soundtracks, or multi-language audio (preferably every dub created, but I'd settle for English and Japanese.)
There's other things they could do like bring back the BBSFM Online mode, add Final Mix colors to RECOM, GBA COM playable maybe?

Maybe the RE:Coded movie can get an extended Data Sora vs Data Roxas cutscene?

SuperNova

Awards
Since a new KH gacha mobile game is inevitable in lieu of UX. I'd be okay with a Dissidia type mobile game, different characters for different banners, self contained story and references. Something that celebrates the series as a whole and NOT include more story lore. Hell, give us disney world form banners for characters like Riku and Kairi just because.

Zackarix

Awards
I've said this before, but they put a surprising amount of effort into recreating almost every asset in the series in Unity for Melody of Memory. Especially considering that players are going to be focusing on the notes and so they won't be fully appreciating the background. These efforts would make more sense if they were planning on reusing the assets in future games. Future smartphone games seem like a likely venue, and having the classic graphics would be a huge upgrade from KHUX's 2D chibis.
There's other things they could do like bring back the BBSFM Online mode, add Final Mix colors to RECOM, GBA COM playable maybe?

Maybe the RE:Coded movie can get an extended Data Sora vs Data Roxas cutscene?
Those would be good too. Of course, the ideal new selling point would be Days and Coded remakes, but if they're just planning on adding onto the existing games I'd like the option for a more classic experience.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Since a new KH gacha mobile game is inevitable in lieu of UX. I'd be okay with a Dissidia type mobile game, different characters for different banners, self contained story and references. Something that celebrates the series as a whole and NOT include more story lore. Hell, give us disney world form banners for characters like Riku and Kairi just because.
Exactly this! I don’t mind stuff like this where we can take it or leave it. It’s fun for the sake of being fun. Maybe we will like it or maybe we won’t, but at least it won’t be important to understanding the games.

GreyouTT

Awards
I don't think Nomura would spend the last two years teasing something big for the 20th anniversary just to announce a collection.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think Nomura would spend the last two years teasing something big for the 20th anniversary just to announce a collection.
I mean, I wouldn’t mind if it was one of the things. There will be more, of course. Imagine inviting 100 special people to go watch some mobile game footage and old game footage 🤣

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I mean, I wouldn’t mind if it was one of the things. There will be more, of course. Imagine inviting 100 special people to go watch some mobile game footage and old game footage 🤣
The D+ series might just well be the "big" thing of the event.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
OMG I hope this leak is wrong and a complete lie.

KH reCOMPLETE coming to current gen consoles doesn't even need to be an event announcement. They could announce that any time because there have been so many re-releases at this point. It's actually kind of ironic. KH used to be this series that was hard to access because it was spread across multiple consoles and very niche. Now it's all over the place and every game accessible.

Anyway, my biggest fear is that we get more mobile games. They are a horrible way of telling the story. Since Nomura is incapable of making a mobile game with absolutely no main story connection, I dread any new mobile games. I would be absolutely horrified if the 20th anniversary is an announcement for two new mobile games.

Why can't they just do a spin-off game releasing later this year or next year, and the KH4 announcement for late 2024/early 2025. I really thought Nomura learned his lesson with spreading the story all over the place. I'm really hoping he keeps it concise and moving forward, not the constant back and forth - present, past, future story telling.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Why can't they just do a spin-off game releasing later this year or next year, and the KH4 announcement for late 2024/early 2025. I really thought Nomura learned his lesson with spreading the story all over the place. I'm really hoping he keeps it concise and moving forward, not the constant back and forth - present, past, future story telling.
I've grown to miss the meaty side games honestly. With the BBS/DDD team becoming the main console team, we're lacking the B tier games that tide us over waiting for the main course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back