• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thoughts on this possible leak for the 20th anniversary?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AR829038

Awards
Honestly, if the future of KH games becomes mainly mobile games with only numbered titles as console releases, I might actually quit the series at that point.
Part of what makes the convoluted lore and all the side games bearable is that those games are (usually) really fun to play. But the mobile games are trash. Absolute trash. And if the series switches to dispensing all their lore on that medium, then no amount of nostalgia or loyalty could get me through that.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I hope this happens*--well, not the mobile game part, but you know it will--just so ReMind content will be on the disc and I can finally play it. :) That's the biggest pro of re-releases for me. They better have a gorgeous cover, too. I mean, it'll be hard to top the one for the PS4 port, but... It is the 20th anniversary.

* Even if this leak is wrong, I think a PS5 port package of all the previous games will definitely happen at some point.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hope this happens*--well, not the mobile game part, but you know it will--just so ReMind content will be on the disc and I can finally play it. :) That's the biggest pro of re-releases for me. They better have a gorgeous cover, too. I mean, it'll be hard to top the one for the PS4 port, but... It is the 20th anniversary.

* Even if this leak is wrong, I think a PS5 port package of all the previous games will definitely happen at some point.
Yeah I feel like it’s guaranteed at this point to happen. We just have to wait out the end of these exclusivity deals 😫

Awards

What's stopping you from being able to play it to begin with?

Awards
Given that the source of the "leak" originally came from 4chan which usually has fake leaks 99.9% of the time,
I'm pretty sure that this leak is fake as well.

Awards
Internet in many parts of the United States is still very, very bad. No fiber.
True enough, but KH3's DLC is kind of weird. 99% of it is in the update file - the DLC on the store itself is more like a license. If you install the update with the expansion purchased, it'll be installed automatically. No need for further download or installation. Hell, I remember being able to play like...5 minutes after the expansion went live, because the update came out a few days prior. And I have Florida internet. Florida! It definitely helps that the update isn't some huge size. Even with like, farm internet, it'll install in a quarter of a day. It's quite easy even on the worst and most unreliable connections.

Given that the source of the "leak" originally came from 4chan which usually has fake leaks 99.9% of the time,
I'm pretty sure that this leak is fake as well.
You wouldn't believe the amount of crap that came out of 4chan when WandaVision was still airing new episodes and everyone was coming up with crazy theories. That was peak 4chan fake leak madness.

The only thing that gives this leak any sort of...mild possibility, is that Joseph Aberl from Murphy's Multiverse revealed in their Discord that Square was developing two brand new KH mobile titles, one of which is purportedly a collectible card game like Hearthstone or Teppen. But his track record on game scoops is...lacking, to say the least. Still, interesting coincidence! I guess if you throw a pair of dice often enough, they'll eventually land on a snake eyes.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
True enough, but KH3's DLC is kind of weird. 99% of it is in the update file - the DLC on the store itself is more like a license. If you install the update with the expansion purchased, it'll be installed automatically. No need for further download or installation. Hell, I remember being able to play like...5 minutes after the expansion went live, because the update came out a few days prior. And I have Florida internet. Florida! It definitely helps that the update isn't some huge size. Even with like, farm internet, it'll install in a quarter of a day. It's quite easy even on the worst and most unreliable connections.
The point I am trying to make is that Elysium can’t even install patches where the bulk of the DLC was added. Florida might seem bad but the mid-west and really anywhere classified as rural America probably still runs on old telephone DSL.

Awards
What about Starlink? I mean, that's starting to catch on with the mid-west and isolated areas.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If we get a mobile game, they should make it like Genshin Impact and have it playable on the consoles & PC as well.
Guarantee you that Square's paying close attention to GI. An AAA mobile game with a $200 million a year budget that's still profitable is so exactly up their alley.

Awards
If this is true, the 4chan guy did also say that they doubt that this would be all that was announced. The rereleases are "two smaller things" and the "two mobile games" are apparently things they "might might not know", and that their infodump was just what they got a glimpse at.

If it is true that is.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
If this is true, the 4chan guy did also say that they doubt that this would be all that was announced. The rereleases are "two smaller things" and the "two mobile games" are apparently things they "might might not know", and that their infodump was just what they got a glimpse at.

If it is true that is.
So they could still announce the next major title too (maybe even the Disney+ series), I think that would be a pretty good anniversary.

I hope we get new Nomura art for the Anniversary Collection - instead of just 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 art, I want to see something completely new. It would stand out more compared to the other collections.

Would love a new cover for KINGDOM HEARTS III.5 END CHAPTER too. III.5's cover could be similar to 2.8's and focus on KH3 REMind, MoM and the X Epilogue. We could see a cover with Sora, Yozora, Riku, Kairi and Brain

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Regardless if that leak is true or not, Dark Road may not be the last KH mobile game because they are popular on Japan.

Awards
New mobile game is to be expected. But it would be extremely disappointing if this is all they had to offer on such a big milestone.
Like 4chan guy said, they doubt that this is all Square would have to offer for the anniversary. Just that this was all they could glimpse at.

If this is actually true, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back