• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thoughts on the myriad of characters in the series thus far...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Hello everyone. I'm back from the ether of summer vacation and job hunting (the latter of which, unfortunately, hasn't gone on too well). Anyway, I've sort of been keeping up with news in regards to the Kingdom Hearts series so I'd thought I'd ask a couple of general questions to help stimulate the conversation. If this is either too generalized and/or should be moved, I apologize in advance.

Anyway, lately I have been thinking about all of the other characters in the games from Chip and Dale to Squall and Seifer. These days, I can't help but wonder what everyone has been doing during the events of Dream Drop Distance up to Kingdom Hearts III. Have Chip and Dale been treating their downtime by organizing races at Disney Town again? Have some of the events of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest occurred yet? Did Cloud ever come back from his battle with Sephiroth and suddenly decide to talk to Scrooge McDuck about starting the Strife Delivery Service? All of these questions and more have been floating in my head ever since I've replayed Kingdom Hearts II and am struggling to level up fast enough to defeat No Heart in Birth by Sleep: Final Mix before the American version of II.5 ReMIX comes out.

So, what questions do you guys have? Is there anything you guys have been dying to talk about? Fire away fellow forumgoers and let the hypothesizing begin.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Hello everyone. I'm back from the ether of summer vacation and job hunting (the latter of which, unfortunately, hasn't gone on too well). Anyway, I've sort of been keeping up with news in regards to the Kingdom Hearts series so I'd thought I'd ask a couple of general questions to help stimulate the conversation. If this is either too generalized and/or should be moved, I apologize in advance.

Anyway, lately I have been thinking about all of the other characters in the games from Chip and Dale to Squall and Seifer. These days, I can't help but wonder what everyone has been doing during the events of Dream Drop Distance up to Kingdom Hearts III. Have Chip and Dale been treating their downtime by organizing races at Disney Town again? Have some of the events of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest occurred yet? Did Cloud ever come back from his battle with Sephiroth and suddenly decide to talk to Scrooge McDuck about starting the Strife Delivery Service? All of these questions and more have been floating in my head ever since I've replayed Kingdom Hearts II and am struggling to level up fast enough to defeat No Heart before the American version of II.5 ReMIX comes out.

No Heart isn't in Kingdom Hearts II? Unless you mean you beat it and you've moved on to BBS. Wording's a bit confusing.

As for your topic... Um, I mean. I haven't thought too much about it. It's been years, and years for us, but it hasn't really been that much time for the characters. Squeezing in any big events will seem forced? I'd like to see small developments and the usual progression of things. Cloud's delivery service makes me think of Kiki's Delivery Service, and that is an adorable image.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
No Heart isn't in Kingdom Hearts II? Unless you mean you beat it and you've moved on to BBS. Wording's a bit confusing.

D'oh, I missed. I meant to say that I picked up Birth by Sleep: Final Mix after that. I'm gonna have to fix that.

As for your topic... Um, I mean. I haven't thought too much about it. It's been years, and years for us, but it hasn't really been that much time for the characters. Squeezing in any big events will seem forced? I'd like to see small developments and the usual progression of things. Cloud's delivery service makes me think of Kiki's Delivery Service, and that is an adorable image.

Admittedly, I'd only put that there so that it would be easier to put part of Dead Man's Chest and At World's End in III if it ever shows up. That did world had potential, I think.

Also, I now have an image of a chibi Cloud on a broom delivering gifts to Merlin and Cid stuck in my head. XD

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
I've never given the other characters much thought myself. Disney is meant to be the setting and FF be the cameo. They have their own things going but they never take preference over the story of the main characters so I've never really considered them important.

Even the Cloud-Sephiroth thing of KH2 so many fans go on about means little to me.

And it leaves little to wonder since the games have been nothing but copy & paste plots of the movies since KH2 so we pretty much know what happens to most of those other characters.
And we pretty much know what Leon and gang is doing as well, restoring their home.

They're just not important to me really. But if such light was shed on them then I agree with Tinny that it should be small. This story is about Sora and what he and the other mains are doing and making the supporting/minor cast to big would distract it.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I've never given the other characters much thought myself. Disney is meant to be the setting and FF be the cameo. They have their own things going but they never take preference over the story of the main characters so I've never really considered them important.

Even the Cloud-Sephiroth thing of KH2 so many fans go on about means little to me.

And it leaves little to wonder since the games have been nothing but copy & paste plots of the movies since KH2 so we pretty much know what happens to most of those other characters.
And we pretty much know what Leon and gang is doing as well, restoring their home.

They're just not important to me really. But if such light was shed on them then I agree with Tinny that it should be small. This story is about Sora and what he and the other mains are doing and making the supporting/minor cast to big would distract it.

In hindsight, I guess I should have explained myself a little better. I guess what I was trying to get at wasn't so much something that was going to be highlighted in Kingdom Hearts III but something more along the lines of a "behind the scenes" sort of thing.

In Dissidia Duodecim, there are these special reports that you can unlock as you meet certain criteria within the main story and beyond. They weren't particularly long, but they also weren't necessary to beat the game. They were optional chapters that you had the chance to watch and play that gave little tidbits of what was going on during the twelfth and thirteenth cycles of the war between Cosmos and Chaos. They may have been small things such as a conversation between Cloud and Kuja that showed that both were Warriors of Chaos in the twelfth cycle or the scene between Cosmos and and Golbez in her sanctuary before the thirteenth cycle properly began. They even had some comedic ones such as a line of chapters where you control Gilgamesh.

Although I haven't played Duodecim in quite some time, I have been thinking about it as I've been replaying some of the Kingdom Hearts games. I suppose I am holding against hope that some HD collection will come by on the PS3 that has Dream Drop Distance and something pertaining to Birth by Sleep: Volume II with a stash of secret reports being a part of the latter title. Obviously, of course, this is never going to happen since I don't quite think that there are plans to port the former and the latter was scrapped altogether. I guess I just wanted something a little extra.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Your not alone then, we all want a little something extra in some way or another from most KH games. TnT

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Time is irrelevant in the disney worlds. They can do what they like with the main story and keep the "unfinished" disney worlds done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back