• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thoughts on Notre Dame

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

keyblademaster42

Bronze Member
Awards
So according to reports so far excluding structural integrity the steeple as well as two thirds of the roof was lost in the Blaze however the Cathedral survived biet a bit roof damage. Im just hoping this was due to faulty equipment and no an Arson plot so close to Easter

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
According to reports it happened shortly after closing time so maybe it was due to equipment? I just can't imagine an arsonist sneaking in and out quickly enough without being spotted.

Regardless of the cause of the fire I'm happy no one died.

Soldier

Awards
Considering the centuries that this cathedral has sat through, all the wars, and changing eras, I'm surprised it takes a FIRE of this magnitude to do this much damage.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
It was very heart breaking to see all over the news, but I'm proud of Paris for standing up immediately and saying "This happened, but were going to restore the cathedral from all the damages." I'm happy they were able to save all of the relics and artwork in the cathedral.

As to what was the cause? I believe the cathedral was under renovations/restoration and I want to say the company hired is responsible. This is just my guess however.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It's great that they raised so much money in such a short time, but damn.
Sad to see how quickly rich people could solve money problems around the world if they cared. That's just depressing.

Other than that it was quite interesting to see how the media jumped this topic like hungry wolves, making up false stories and creating some sort of "unified european depression" that honestly felt like a big joke of sorts.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It's great that they raised so much money in such a short time, but damn.
Sad to see how quickly rich people could solve money problems around the world if they cared. That's just depressing.

If it's to any avail, last year there had been $410 billion given to charities around the world. Even taking into account charity fraud, Notre Dame's donations are still a drop in the bucket. Ultimately, I think they're all PR stunts capitalizing on the disaster's notoriety, so these millions of dollars may just be investments under the guise of donations (apologies if I merely replaced one depressing notion with another 🤷‍♂️).

With that said, charity can be a bit...complicated. With Notre Dame donations, it's simple and conceivable. Donate for renovations and watch the building fucking burn renovations happen. But with something like Flint, Michigan, a city with resource problems tied to its administration? Much less straightforward.

Back