• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► Thoughts on How Disney Worlds Will Even Work (RE:MIND Spoilers Warning)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier

Awards
Is it solely Donald's magic that transforms someone when they visit the world or can it be the world itself? When Pete visits Pride Lands he turns into... another animal. Pete doesn't have magic powers, so how was he able to do that?
Regarding Tobi's inquiry as to whether or not there are goats in Africa (there are, by the way). To be honest, I'd much rather see Young Xehanort as something other than a lion, a Wildebeest maybe? they can do something with his silver hair being used as the mane, his face is pretty angular, It could work.
You forget Face My Fears, that Pete is working with Maleficent, who has been stated to give him powers such as the ability to use dark corridors, his protective sphere of energy, and other things that he didn't have when he was messing up Disney Town. She could've seen that changing his form would be beneficial.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Regarding Tobi's inquiry as to whether or not there are goats in Africa (there are, by the way). To be honest, I'd much rather see Young Xehanort as something other than a lion, a Wildebeest maybe? they can do something with his silver hair being used as the mane, his face is pretty angular, It could work.
You forget Face My Fears, that Pete is working with Maleficent, who has been stated to give him powers such as the ability to use dark corridors, his protective sphere of energy, and other things that he didn't have when he was messing up Disney Town. She could've seen that changing his form would be beneficial.
I guess so, I kinda wish it wasn't always written off as "Donald's magic" and maybe say something like the world imposes order or something. Does that mean Donald can turn Xehanort into a toy if he wanted?

Speaking of toys, I think it's going to be interesting if they even use form change worlds for Xehanort. They could make it easy on themselves and just use normal outfit worlds. However, I could see Xehanort ignoring form changes and it possibly working. If he visits Pride Lands as a human, the animals there wouldn't even know what that is and maybe just consider him a type of monkey or something. The only world that would require a form change is Atlantica, although he could always just walk around under the sea like Sora did in CoM.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
As far goes as Disney worlds, Olympus looks to be likely one to appear obviously and perhaps Agrabah.

I also hope they include Atlantica in this game cause ever since the first KH game, King Triton seem to know of the Keyblade and how the weapon "brings chaos and ruin" and to this day it remains one of the greatest mysteries moreso questions on when and how Triton saw the someone with a Keyblade in his world and his grievance with Keyblade wielders. It would be a missed opportunity to have Atlantica not included in Dark Road, given that it previously wasn't in BBS and X/Union X.

Maybe they could use some of the Disney television series, like Kim Possible, the Emperors New Groove/School, Gravity Falls, American Dragon, etc. I don’t know if using a Disney television series has ever been touched on, outside of the anthologies that make up Timeless River and Winnie the Pooh’s 100 Acre Wood.
On the DisneyToon Studios side, they utilized Sparky (Experiment 221) from Stitch! the Movie (which is a pilot film of Lilo & stitch: The Series) for the Deep Space Level in BBS, the Beagle Boys and the Country of the Musketeers world based on Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers and Lumpy from Pooh's Heffalump Movie was in 100 Acre Wood in KH3.

As far goes as Television shows, the ONLY one they utilized were from the 2017 Ducktales show where the cast appeared as Medals for Union X, but that was just a promotion for the show.

I'm not sure how Television shows are implemented but If they are included I would like to have some of the characters (e.g. Gravity Falls) with the Black Outline, just like the 100 Acre Wood characters, although realistically I don't think any of these Disney shows would fit Xehanort's Journey.

Noivern

Awards
Regarding Triton, while I would love for him to have a story with the Keyblade, he's also a demigod king of the Seas with an all mighty weapon who seems to be at least on the same powerlevel as a Keyblade. Cheshire Cat already knew a lot of things on his own, and there's also the Mirror from Snow White. I think it's possible for some beings to just.. know things outside of their jurisdiction. Triton also knew the shell in Ariel's grotto was the Keyhole for Atlantica and Keyholes weren't even a piece of plot before KH1, so I doubt they would make a big deal out of him.

I've seen others mentioning Wreck it Ralph being wasted as a main world in UX but (and correct me if I'm wrong because I only really watch the relevant story updates and not the Disney fillers) that world is only a data version over there like all others, meaning at some point someone carrying the No Name Keyblade had to go there to observe the real deal so it could appear in the Book of Prophecies in the first place.

So no, Wreck It Ralph isn't ruled out of reappearing in KH3 or in this game (What Keyblade would Xehanort even wield in the first place? I guess we'll finally see his and Eraqus original blades before they inherited No Name and Master's Keeper).

As for world suggestions, I have some ideas:

- A version of Deep Space from Lilo & Stitch. Agent Cobra used to be from the FBI and he met the Gallactic Federation before the events of the movie and he knows how their rules work, being even used to them being a bit unfair sometimes. Xehanort could have a run with the aliens and dislike how the government hides confidential info from others for their own reasons, and it could also hint Lilo & Stitch showing up in KH4. Also, the Aliens seem to be older than the humans so young Gamtu could happen.

- Beast's Castle: Although I haven't seen the original movie to know if it was ever stated wheter the Beast and his servants still aged normally and the time limit was only imposed on the curse being permanent or not, I think witnessing the Sorceress who had to deal with the Prince's arrogant personality and seeing him becoming cursed in the first place is the perfect opportunity to showcase how humans can act when they have power over others.

- Emperor's New Groove: Izma is old. At some point she wasn't. I don't care, I just wanna see this world being used and I doubt it'll make into KH4.

- Atlantis and Treasure Planet: Both are fantastic movies who deal with humanity's greed at its worse and it's so unlikely for them to be featured in the main series that they might as well use them for this.

- Live Action Wonderland: The whole place is so chaotic and we are starting to deal with worldlines and parallel worlds, so Xehanort visiting an even more twisted version of Wonderland and being horrified by the Red Queen's actions could work. Plus, this time they could actually touch on the sequel.

- Prankster's Paradise: Gepetto is old, probably around Xehanort's age. Show us him in his youth as an incredible inventor and maybe reveal that his experience with building puppets goes further what we first assumed. The Blue Fairy had some relevance in the Limit Cut from re:mind too, so maybe retcon this with her having a story against the forces of Darkness?

- Dumbo: I don't want this world in KH4, and the whole Circus deal is perfect for the morale of this game. Plus, by being in a mobile game they have it easier to feature this story in a pocket format while avoiding going too realistic and dealing with all the racism.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Dumbo's a good one, a new world that's not really the most suitable for a console entry.

Needs a Pink Elephants on Parade bossfight. :p

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Regarding Triton, while I would love for him to have a story with the Keyblade, he's also a demigod king of the Seas with an all mighty weapon who seems to be at least on the same powerlevel as a Keyblade.

Triton also knew the shell in Ariel's grotto was the Keyhole for Atlantica and Keyholes weren't even a piece of plot before KH1, so I doubt they would make a big deal out of him.
I have to disagree with you, just because he is a demigod and the rule of the seas means he's knowledgeable about everything including the Keyblade, besides he's not in the level as you say the Cheshire Cat, Magic Mirror and especially Merlin and Yen Sid.

To this day, King Triton's knowledge of the Keyblade still felt "forced" regardless of it, even after the release of the first KH game, which baffles why the Development team didn't even bother putting Atlantica in Birth by Sleep and/or X/Union X. :/

Besides the VAST majority of the Disney worlds and inhabitants (with some exceptions) don't know about the existence of other worlds, the Keyblade and the Keyblade War, which Atlantica and Triton do fall under.

I really want to have have Atlantica included in Dark Road, so it would provide better explanation on King Triton grievance and hatred on the Keyblade which in his words "brought chaos and ruin". Besides, Atlantica hasn't appeared in ANY KH game since KH2 and it would be a missed opportunity to not include it in Dark Road.

I've seen others mentioning Wreck it Ralph being wasted as a main world in UX but (and correct me if I'm wrong because I only really watch the relevant story updates and not the Disney fillers) that world is only a data version over there like all others, meaning at some point someone carrying the No Name Keyblade had to go there to observe the real deal so it could appear in the Book of Prophecies in the first place.

So no, Wreck It Ralph isn't ruled out of reappearing in KH3 or in this game (What Keyblade would Xehanort even wield in the first place? I guess we'll finally see his and Eraqus original blades before they inherited No Name and Master's Keeper).
To be fair, I actually wanted a Wreck-It Ralph world ever since Kingdom Hearts III entered development as the film came out around the same time that KH3 began production. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the film was actually considered as world during the development of KH3 and was included as one of those worlds, but was scrapped very late in production when they heard that Disney was doing a sequel to Wreck-It Ralph (Ralph Breaks the Internet), which is why he ended up as a link summon in the final game, even Nomura confirmed it as well in an Edge Magazine article

It's unfortunate as it would've been a spiritual successor to the Tron worlds in past KH games and have it be a world-within Twilight Town either at the Old Mansion or some Taito Arcade building. Also in my unpopular opinion, I feel Dark Riku felt more suited as the seeker of Darkness for Wreck-It Ralph than Big Hero 6 especially his mentioning of "Heart out of Data" which I'm going to be honest I don't even recall the original Big Hero 6 film talk about "Data" when compared to the Tron films (original and Legacy) and Wreck-It Ralph which seems to have more mentioning emphasis of Data than Big Hero 6.

It makes me more curious about the Wreck-It Ralph world following it's story's conclusion in Union X and whether we explore the events of the film for the next KH game. It could be another Space Paranoids/The Grid situation where Game Central Station (including Niceland, Hero's Duty, Sugar Rush) could've been copied and is a place explored by Sora or anyone for the next KH game.

As for world suggestions, I have some ideas:

- A version of Deep Space from Lilo & Stitch. Agent Cobra used to be from the FBI and he met the Gallactic Federation before the events of the movie and he knows how their rules work, being even used to them being a bit unfair sometimes. Xehanort could have a run with the aliens and dislike how the government hides confidential info from others for their own reasons, and it could also hint Lilo & Stitch showing up in KH4. Also, the Aliens seem to be older than the humans so young Gamtu could happen.

- Beast's Castle: Although I haven't seen the original movie to know if it was ever stated wheter the Beast and his servants still aged normally and the time limit was only imposed on the curse being permanent or not, I think witnessing the Sorceress who had to deal with the Prince's arrogant personality and seeing him becoming cursed in the first place is the perfect opportunity to showcase how humans can act when they have power over others.

- Emperor's New Groove: Izma is old. At some point she wasn't. I don't care, I just wanna see this world being used and I doubt it'll make into KH4.

- Atlantis and Treasure Planet: Both are fantastic movies who deal with humanity's greed at its worse and it's so unlikely for them to be featured in the main series that they might as well use them for this.

- Live Action Wonderland: The whole place is so chaotic and we are starting to deal with worldlines and parallel worlds, so Xehanort visiting an even more twisted version of Wonderland and being horrified by the Red Queen's actions could work. Plus, this time they could actually touch on the sequel.

- Prankster's Paradise: Gepetto is old, probably around Xehanort's age. Show us him in his youth as an incredible inventor and maybe reveal that his experience with building puppets goes further what we first assumed. The Blue Fairy had some relevance in the Limit Cut from re:mind too, so maybe retcon this with her having a story against the forces of Darkness?

- Dumbo: I don't want this world in KH4, and the whole Circus deal is perfect for the morale of this game. Plus, by being in a mobile game they have it easier to feature this story in a pocket format while avoiding going too realistic and dealing with all the racism.
I really envision Atlantis, Treasure Planet, the Live-action Wonderland and maybe Dumbo could work as worlds for the next KH game (bridge game to KH4) than Dark Road. Lilo & Stitch looks to be ideal for Dark Road and I agree that the world should appear in Kingdom Hearts IV, it would be a missed opportunity if it wasn't in KH4, plus his connections with Terra, Ventus and Aqua whom Stitch (Experiment 626) encountered during BBS. Honestly I'd actually would have Lilo & Stitch for KH4 over Moana. lol

Also when did the Blue Fairy had relevance in the ReMind Limit Cut episode? I didn't see her nor was she mentioned, it was the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella who appeared.

Last edited:

Tobi

Awards
Is it solely Donald's magic that transforms someone when they visit the world or can it be the world itself?
That's correct, Donald uses his magic on the group. But why should he be the only one with this kind of magic? MoM surely has access to this magic as well.

Noivern

Awards
I have to disagree with you, just because he is a demigod and the rule of the seas means he's knowledgeable about everything including the Keyblade, besides he's not in the level as you say the Cheshire Cat, Magic Mirror and especially Merlin and Yen Sid.

To this day, King Triton's knowledge of the Keyblade still felt "forced" regardless of it, even after the release of the first KH game, which baffles why the Development team didn't even bother putting Atlantica in Birth by Sleep and/or X/Union X. :/

Besides the VAST majority of the Disney worlds and inhabitants (with some exceptions) don't know about the existence of other worlds, the Keyblade and the Keyblade War, which Atlantica and Triton do fall under.

I really want to have have Atlantica included in Dark Road, so it would provide better explanation on King Triton grievance and hatred on the Keyblade which in his words "brought chaos and ruin". Besides, Atlantica hasn't appeared in ANY KH game since KH2 and it would be a missed opportunity to not include it in Dark Road.

Also when did the Blue Fairy had relevance in the ReMind Limit Cut episode? I didn't see her nor was she mentioned, it was the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella who appeared.

I'm not saying that him being a demigod king means that he actually knows exactly what a Keyblade is or anything of the sorts, but he sure as well probably knows enough about his own world to know about the Keyhole, and I feel like that line has more to do with him recognizing the Keyblade as an object that has the power to interact with it.
That whole sequence feels icky to us nowadays, but we have to remember that it happened back in KH1 where Disney characters had more envolvement with the story; Monstro was capable enough to travel between worlds, Hook's ship seemingly worked as a Gummi Ship, the Beast was capable of using something similar to what we know know to be the Power of Waking to follow Belle from his castle to Hollow Bastion, and so on. Him having knowledge of those things could make sense in it itself, if anything maybe they wanted to have Maleficent try to recruit him at first before hearing about Ursula (like with Cheshire).

Leon and the other FF characters also have a lot of outside knowledge about the Keyblade with little explanation to it with the only actual explanation being that they met with Mickey, so if anything maybe the King met Triton during his travels and warned him about it.

All I'm trying to say is that him having that sort of knowledge back then is not that big of a deal because Disney characters were relevant at the time and not just a glorified filler to spend time before the original worlds.

Also, my bad. All of those Fairy characters from older Disney movies are so similar that I get them all mixed up in my head.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm not saying that him being a demigod king means that he actually knows exactly what a Keyblade is or anything of the sorts, but he sure as well probably knows enough about his own world to know about the Keyhole, and I feel like that line has more to do with him recognizing the Keyblade as an object that has the power to interact with it.
That whole sequence feels icky to us nowadays, but we have to remember that it happened back in KH1 where Disney characters had more envolvement with the story; Monstro was capable enough to travel between worlds, Hook's ship seemingly worked as a Gummi Ship, the Beast was capable of using something similar to what we know know to be the Power of Waking to follow Belle from his castle to Hollow Bastion, and so on. Him having knowledge of those things could make sense in it itself, if anything maybe they wanted to have Maleficent try to recruit him at first before hearing about Ursula (like with Cheshire).

Leon and the other FF characters also have a lot of outside knowledge about the Keyblade with little explanation to it with the only actual explanation being that they met with Mickey, so if anything maybe the King met Triton during his travels and warned him about it.

All I'm trying to say is that him having that sort of knowledge back then is not that big of a deal because Disney characters were relevant at the time and not just a glorified filler to spend time before the original worlds.

Also, my bad. All of those Fairy characters from older Disney movies are so similar that I get them all mixed up in my head.
I don't see why King Triton knowing about the keyblade feels "icky" nowadays. Halloween Town and Atlantica did their jobs in KH1 -- if they were played -- and that's to expand on some of the lore we encountered throughout the journey. Halloween Town takes a look at hearts and Atlantica takes a look at keyblades -- both of which somewhat foreshadow what we're going to encounter in Hollow Bastion. Specifically with Triton, his information helps to emphasize the danger of Riku regaining control of the keyblade. It also was a nice way of incorporating Disney worlds and helping create the feeling of a "complete story". Atlantica wasn't just there to retell The Little Mermaid, but rather give us the Disney experience AND build main story elements.

If the issue is a Disney character knowing about keyblades or main story stuff, it's interesting that no one in Olympus ever touched on Sora having the keyblade. You would think that Phil or Herc would know the keyblade and know that only the chosen are given one. I mean, there can be so many easy explanations as to how he knows. It could just be knowledge passed down to rulers (like the Emperor in Land of Dragons may know about keyblades/keyholes) or maybe when Mickey caught on to what Maleficent was doing he visited worlds and tried to warn their rulers (leaving pretty much Triton the only ruler that we saw that we can deem "competent").

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
That's correct, Donald uses his magic on the group. But why should he be the only one with this kind of magic? MoM surely has access to this magic as well.
Donald himself possibly learned it from Merlin.

D

Deleted member 252753

For what it's worth, I am not sure there is a 'real' version of Wreck-it-Ralph like that. I got the impression that it was a separate data world from the Book of Prophecy ones, that somehow became connected to the UX data worlds (via magic internet or something). Brain does say that the Wreck-it-Ralph world has been 'connected by force'. Still I can see the world appearing in future games like @DizneyXBirds95 suggested.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
For what it's worth, I am not sure there is a 'real' version of Wreck-it-Ralph like that. I got the impression that it was a separate data world from the Book of Prophecy ones, that somehow became connected to the UX data worlds (via magic internet or something). Brain does say that the Wreck-it-Ralph world has been 'connected by force'. Still I can see the world appearing in future games like @DizneyXBirds95 suggested.
There's more than one Wreck it Ralph/Sugar Rush/Hero's Duty arcade machines. There could just be alternate copies in other worlds.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

So far there's been nothing to suggest the world of Wreck it Ralph that exists in UX is anything but the real deal. But like @MATGSY said, these are not one-of-a-kind arcade cabinets. Others must surely exist elsewhere, so they could totally reuse the world for a future game, just with an original story. Or they could just skip right to Ralph Breaks the Internet lol

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
So far there's been nothing to suggest the world of Wreck it Ralph that exists in UX is anything but the real deal. But like @MATGSY said, these are not one-of-a-kind arcade cabinets. Others must surely exist elsewhere, so they could totally reuse the world for a future game, just with an original story. Or they could just skip right to Ralph Breaks the Internet lol
Since the "Book of Prophecies" foretold those events, I'm hoping they just retell the story and reuse the world in a future game with Sora. I'm also hoping that because it has been "etched" in the Book of Prophecies, we get a proper Sora vs. Snake Jafar fight.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Since the "Book of Prophecies" foretold those events, I'm hoping they just retell the story and reuse the world in a future game with Sora.

WIR isn't one of the future worlds projected by the Book of Prophecies like say, Wonderland or Agrabah. The actual events of that world are playing out right now in UX.

I'm also hoping that because it has been "etched" in the Book of Prophecies, we get a proper Sora vs. Snake Jafar fight.

The story of the real Aladdin and co., the ones Sora encounters on his journey, is what's been etched in the Book, so that won't be happening.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
WIR isn't one of the future worlds projected by the Book of Prophecies like say, Wonderland or Agrabah. The actual events of that world are playing out right now in UX.

The story of the real Aladdin and co., the ones Sora encounters on his journey, is what's been etched in the Book, so that won't be happening.
So Wreck It Ralph is actually Game Central Station in that time? As in, it's something they found that's not linked to the future or some data projection of the future? If so, I'm sad... but they could also pull a Tron and have the world be different for Sora.

But Snake Jafar could come back, it's not like the data projection thing for Agrabah can't happen in the future.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Honestly @Sign, It makes me more curious and raises more questions about the Wreck-It Ralph world following it's story's conclusion in Union X and whether it would retell the events of the movie once again for the next KH game.

So far there's been nothing to suggest the world of Wreck it Ralph that exists in UX is anything but the real deal, these are not one-of-a-kind arcade cabinets. Others must surely exist elsewhere, so they could totally reuse the world for a future game, just with an original story. Or they could just skip right to Ralph Breaks the Internet lol

Frankly @Sign, I'd prefer if they went the route where it's a loose retelling of the film instead of doing an original story or jump into Ralph Breaks the Internet as literally Sora NEVER met nor encountered Wreck-It Ralph before. I envision It could be reminiscent to the Tron worlds (Space Paranoids/The Grid) in previous KH games where at some point in time, Game Central Station (including Niceland, Hero's Duty, Sugar Rush) could've been copied and is put in either the Hollow Bastion computer in Radiant Garden or somewhere in Twilight Town (Old Mansion, Taito Arcade Building, etc.) so that Sora or anyone can visit Game Central Station and the games GCS is connected to. The idea is far-fetched, but it's something that is worth considering [USER=89972]@Sign[/USER]. I honestly can envision the [I]Wreck-It Ralph[/I] world to appear for the next KH game (DDD 2) or KHIV, if you ask me so I can see Sora, Riku and Kairi interacting with the cast, especially Ralph and Vanellope, along with having a Boss fight against King Candy.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So Wreck It Ralph is actually Game Central Station in that time? As in, it's something they found that's not linked to the future or some data projection of the future? If so, I'm sad... but they could also pull a Tron and have the world be different for Sora.

Bingo.

But Snake Jafar could come back, it's not like the data projection thing for Agrabah can't happen in the future.

I think the community would blow a gasket if we have to return to Agrabah just to do another retread of the first movie xD

disney233

Awards
I'm never going to understand why people solely want a retread of movies that were already retread in the game...soley just to fight a specific boss that hasn't appeared. The return of Agrabah and another remake of the movie SOLELY for Snake Jafar, the return of Beast Castle to retread the movie a third time SOLELY so we can fight Gaston, the return of La Cite de Cloche to redo the story AGAIN solely to fight Frollo, It just seems weird to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back