• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► Thoughts on How Disney Worlds Will Even Work (RE:MIND Spoilers Warning)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Mmm, that funky new KHI board smell. Time to break it in with all of the usual worlds/bosses/story/final-boss/music/when-does-it-come-to-console/gameplay/Square-announces-delay-to-next-year threads.

Anyway, might as well jump to it. There's gonna be Disney worlds. This is almost fact. I know there's a growing sentiment that KH would be better off without them but this is unlikely to ever actually happen. Disney is a big part of what makes these games sell & I seriously doubt Square would greenlight a game without any in fear of losing sales.

So if Project Xehanort will have Disney worlds in it, then the question is which ones? I feel like this is kind of a bigger question than it normally is due to what many of us generally suspect the time period & protagonist will be.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Let's see.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
****, I forgot that one! I had it in an earlier draft that was lost when the site crashed on me last night.

GreyouTT

Awards
Black Cauldron would be a fun one. The dynamic between Gurgi and Taran would be a fitting thing for Xehanort to observe imo.

The only unfortunate part is no John Hurt to play The Horned King. ):

ZinC Podzzz

Awards
Mmm, that funky new KHI board smell. Time to break it in with all of the usual worlds/bosses/story/final-boss/music/when-does-it-come-to-console/gameplay/Square-announces-delay-to-next-year threads.

Anyway, might as well jump to it. There's gonna be Disney worlds. This is almost fact. I know there's a growing sentiment that KH would be better off without them but this is unlikely to ever actually happen. Disney is a big part of what makes these games sell & I seriously doubt Square would greenlight a game without any in fear of losing sales.

So if Project Xehanort will have Disney worlds in it, then the question is which ones? I feel like this is kind of a bigger question than it normally is due to what many of us generally suspect the time period & protagonist will be.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
That was amazing!!! I completely agree with all of the things you said. I'm actually excited for the game now! Though, I'm pretty sure it won't be that amazing :(

D

Deleted member 246005

Maybe Thanos will pop up and YX will be forced to spend some time as part of the Black Order?

Last edited by a moderator:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
These are some really good suggestions. I had wondered about how they'd solve the issue with the Disney Worlds and you seem to have found a good solution.

I hadn't even considered how they might handle the enemy problem, seeing Heartless shouldn't be very common at the time. In BBS we had Unversed to cover for them, but those were tied to Vanitas.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
They could be creative and use Disney and Pixar shorts as worlds?

b_waltdisneyanimatedshorts_18373_7bf4485e.jpeg

Imagine travelling through the world of Paperman as Xehanort and he gets inspired to write secret reports after his visit.

pssst

Maybe they could use some of the Disney television series, like Kim Possible, the Emperors New Groove/School, Gravity Falls, American Dragon, etc. I don’t know if using a Disney television series has ever been touched on, outside of the anthologies that make up Timeless River and Winnie the Pooh’s 100 Acre Wood.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Maybe they could use some of the Disney television series, like Kim Possible, the Emperors New Groove/School, Gravity Falls, American Dragon, etc. I don’t know if using a Disney television series has ever been touched on, outside of the anthologies that make up Timeless River and Winnie the Pooh’s 100 Acre Wood.
There's been a few. Birth by Sleep's Deep Space world featured Experiment 221 from the straight to video "Stitch: The Movie" (which is the pilot for the TV series in the same vein that Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure's pilot is a TV movie called "Before Ever After"), and Kingdom Hearts III's Toy Box world had Battlesaur figures which were in the TV Christmas special "Toy Story That Time Forgot."

Square Enix isn't averse to using things out of the television series, it's just a matter of when they'll jump into something more meaty and adapt more storylines, characters, and locations.

Personally, though, I don't think Disney's catalogue of TV shows fits with Xehanort embarking on his dark path but I have no idea how the Disney worlds are suppose to work so I guess anything is game.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Because the game is on mobile and hence I cannot play it... I definitely don't want new Disney worlds to be there. However, I think revisiting worlds that we've already experienced works nicely, especially because I feel like this will be the "tour" the MoM sent Xehanort on, which means Xehanort needs to see only the bad in the worlds.

The worlds I can see happening are:
Agrabah - Xehanort witnesses the person who had Genie way before Aladdin and sees their greed/lust for power corrupt them.
Atlantica - Xehanort can encounter a young Triton who is arrogant because he is going to be king and Xehanort can see that as bad, assuming that people don't change (will also explain Triton's knowledge of keyblades). Maybe Triton's encounter with Xehanort is what makes Triton so uptight and overprotective.
Wonderland - Xehanort sees how the Queen of Hearts rules the world and is sickened by it. He also comes to believe that if one world can be utter chaos like Wonderland, then others may descend into that madness too.
Neverland - Xehanort meets Peter Pan, who is terrorizing Hook, and realizes that youth is poisoned or something.
The Pride Lands - Xehanort visits when Mufasa and Scar are growing up, and he agrees with Scar (maybe even planting the idea to kill Mufasa in Scar's mind).
Olympus - Xehanort sees the initial war between Hades and Zeus, realizing that even gods can have petty squabbles and are corrupt.

I would have him visit worlds that focus on some kind of hierarchy and become sickened by it. It would explain his disdain for authority figures and especially for Ansem The Wise. Also, I feel like the worlds he visits need to emphasize that the ones in charge/with the most power have darkness within them, no matter how "good" they may seem. I would love for them to explore the opposing point of view of the "good" characters... typing that actually makes me want Xehanort to visit the Wreck-It Ralph world (but I want Sora there in a console game).

SweetYetSalty

Awards
He's time traveling right? So it doesn't matter the time if he's doing so for his 'tour'. Maybe Xehanort can go to Monstropolis when they are using scream power? Maybe Xehanort also met the enchantress that cursed the Beast, you know the real villain of Beauty and the Beast. I also doubt they'd used many big Disney/Pixar worlds for this but I could see them using at least one. I remember being surprised by the Grid in DDD, thinking they would save a big plot relevant Tron thing for KH3, so you never know.

I like the idea of Xehanort being the one who makes Kign Triton wary about Keyblade wielders. A very forgotten piece of lore that is just begging to become relevant again.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
He's time traveling right? So it doesn't matter the time if he's doing so for his 'tour'. Maybe Xehanort can go to Monstropolis when they are using scream power? Maybe Xehanort also met the enchantress that cursed the Beast, you know the real villain of Beauty and the Beast. I also doubt they'd used many big Disney/Pixar worlds for this but I could see them using at least one. I remember being surprised by the Grid in DDD, thinking they would save a big plot relevant Tron thing for KH3, so you never know.

I like the idea of Xehanort being the one who makes Kign Triton wary about Keyblade wielders. A very forgotten piece of lore that is just begging to become relevant again.
I don't think he was time travelling for the "tour". It seems like he just visited worlds and observed. Monstropolis would be interesting to see Waternoose's family and the corruption behind Monsters Inc. I'm sure Xehanort would be turned off by society seeing a company that is supposed to "help" people really doing it for greed/power.

D

Deleted member 252753

I don't think he was time travelling for the "tour". It seems like he just visited worlds and observed. Monstropolis would be interesting to see Waternoose's family and the corruption behind Monsters Inc. I'm sure Xehanort would be turned off by society seeing a company that is supposed to "help" people really doing it for greed/power.
Yes if he had been time travelling he would have forgotten at the end of the 'tour' and we know he remembers the talk with the MoM as an old man.

A Disney villain who, to me, embodies the idea of 'false light' and corruption is Frollo from the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I know we had that world in DDD but I 'think' that would give a fair bit of flexibility with the timeline plus Frollo is an old man during the film so it could work.

Kirankrt

I dunno, I don't think they'll do stuff like Genie's old Master or Triton as a kid; Disney nowadays are really strict.

disney233

Awards
Because the game is on mobile and hence I cannot play it... I definitely don't want new Disney worlds to be there. However, I think revisiting worlds that we've already experienced works nicely, especially because I feel like this will be the "tour" the MoM sent Xehanort on, which means Xehanort needs to see only the bad in the worlds.

The worlds I can see happening are:
Agrabah - Xehanort witnesses the person who had Genie way before Aladdin and sees their greed/lust for power corrupt them.
Atlantica - Xehanort can encounter a young Triton who is arrogant because he is going to be king and Xehanort can see that as bad, assuming that people don't change (will also explain Triton's knowledge of keyblades). Maybe Triton's encounter with Xehanort is what makes Triton so uptight and overprotective.
Wonderland - Xehanort sees how the Queen of Hearts rules the world and is sickened by it. He also comes to believe that if one world can be utter chaos like Wonderland, then others may descend into that madness too.
Neverland - Xehanort meets Peter Pan, who is terrorizing Hook, and realizes that youth is poisoned or something.
The Pride Lands - Xehanort visits when Mufasa and Scar are growing up, and he agrees with Scar (maybe even planting the idea to kill Mufasa in Scar's mind).
Olympus - Xehanort sees the initial war between Hades and Zeus, realizing that even gods can have petty squabbles and are corrupt.

I would have him visit worlds that focus on some kind of hierarchy and become sickened by it. It would explain his disdain for authority figures and especially for Ansem The Wise. Also, I feel like the worlds he visits need to emphasize that the ones in charge/with the most power have darkness within them, no matter how "good" they may seem. I would love for them to explore the opposing point of view of the "good" characters... typing that actually makes me want Xehanort to visit the Wreck-It Ralph world (but I want Sora there in a console game).
Y'know, I kinda gave up on the Disney worlds because they just...use most of the worlds on unneeded play-by-plays of Disney movies....but honestly, I like this. I like the idea of Master Xehanort traveling to other worlds to witness and observe past events that aren't canon. Perhaps my idea would be Xehanort could travel to Corona and follow and observe Gothel's whereabouts, and how she captured and nurtured Rapunzel for her magical hair.

He comes to his first encounter with a Princess of Heart. He comes to realize that Rapunzel has such radiant light shining within her, and sickened by Gothel, a denizen of darkness, for hoarding her precious 'light' to herself. Something that also could come into play, that KH3 failed on...is the Heal Incantation.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the Fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine

Halloween Town's also a good place to become relevant. As Xehanort explores the fear-filled town, his curiosity peaks when he meets with Dr. Finklestein and his creation, Sally. At first, he's sickened about the idea of creating life, but then...this would also bring up his curiosity about the heart. How was the Doctor able to equip a heart into Sally? What classifies as a heart? And could it be possible to actually replicate a heart?

Tobi

Awards

Edit: Regarding the last UX story update
Spoiler Spoiler Show

What I'm wondering is how they would going to treat the world order. On one side I would love to see Xehanort getting transformed in certain worlds (at best not by his own will, but because MoM is messing with him*) - but I doubt that since he has his black coat and can easily just use the hood of it and also would ignore any teachings his master gave him in this regard... which would make a visit in the Pride Lands still troublesome. Xehanort would still stand out in Atlantic, but atleast there are also some humanoids.

Still... is there any kind of goat to find in Africa? Instead of a lion I would wish for such a transformation the most, just because it would be so ridicules - it's defintly something MoM would do with Xehanort and I just want to see him handling this awkward situation of being a resource of all things to all these flesh eating lions and hyenas.
Well, speaking of it, a hyena would be okay, too, I guess...

*but it seems like they only met again after Xehanorts world tour, so that possibility seems to be ruled out

Other than that I like a lot of the ideas here like the list of FaceMyFears.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Edit: Regarding the last UX story update
Spoiler Spoiler Show

What I'm wondering is how they would going to treat the world order. On one side I would love to see Xehanort getting transformed in certain worlds (at best not by his own will, but because MoM is messing with him*) - but I doubt that since he has his black coat and can easily just use the hood of it and also would ignore any teachings his master gave him in this regard... which would make a visit in the Pride Lands still troublesome. Xehanort would still stand out in Atlantic, but atleast there are also some humanoids.

Still... is there any kind of goat to find in Africa? Instead of a lion I would wish for such a transformation the most, just because it would be so ridicules - it's defintly something MoM would do with Xehanort and I just want to see him handling this awkward situation of being a resource of all things to all these flesh eating lions and hyenas.
Well, speaking of it, a hyena would be okay, too, I guess...

*but it seems like they only met again after Xehanorts world tour, so that possibility seems to be ruled out

Other than that I like a lot of the ideas here like the list of FaceMyFears.
Is it solely Donald's magic that transforms someone when they visit the world or can it be the world itself? When Pete visits Pride Lands he turns into... another animal. Pete doesn't have magic powers, so how was he able to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back