• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thoughts on fiction?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
This seems like a good enough spot to ask this question:

I’m just familiarizing myself with the term due to Forspoken and FF: Origin, but would a Sora in Quadratum game be an isekai?

The Wikipedia entry for Isekai states, “Often, the protagonist is depicted as already being familiar with the parallel world, as it is a pre-existing fictional universe in their world.”

This sounds a lot like what is happening in KH, with MoM being familiar with Unreality before going there and Verum Rex being a fictional game in Toy Box. Sorry if this has already been acknowledged before! I mainly bring it up because people have been commenting on Square Enix having two major Isekai games in the works when it really might be three.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Or maybe the moon will be awakened 🤔
True. Maybe what Kingdom Hearts is to us, the moon is to Unreality.

This is giving me some Legend of Korra Book 4 vibes. Maybe we're eventually having to deal with a population of Keyblade Wielders. lol
Huh... 🤔 You may be on to something. Maybe the MoM's grand scheme is to unleash Unreality in the real world using the laws of the world: unleashing the Realm of Sleep into the Realm of Light.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Everyone is waiting for their new beginning, their birth by sleep. Even me, and even you

- Kenja Ansemu sama

But what if he wasnt saying that to Aqua but instead to Sora? What if he knew that Sora was going to die (sleep and death meet at tfw) ans instead he whiakes him a a ay to Yoznroa realm? Holy shit nomura stop le wild ride

Willow A113

Awards
Everyone is waiting for their new beginning, their birth by sleep. Even me, and even you

- Kenja Ansemu sama

But what if he wasnt saying that to Aqua but instead to Sora? What if he knew that Sora was going to die (sleep and death meet at tfw) ans instead he whiakes him a a ay to Yoznroa realm? Holy shit nomura stop le wild ride
I don’t know. In MoM, it seemed like he was just figuring it out.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Huh... 🤔 You may be on to something. Maybe the MoM's grand scheme is to unleash Unreality in the real world using the laws of the world: unleashing the Realm of Sleep into the Realm of Light.
i don't think so. based on Union X's ending, his true goal is to trap the 13 darknesses into physical forms so they can be destroyed once and for all.

Noivern

Awards
i don't think so. based on Union X's ending, his true goal is to trap the 13 darknesses into physical forms so they can be destroyed once and for all.
Both can co-exist at once, though. We don't really know what would happen once/if the 13 Darknesses were destroyed.

Like, they have been stablishing that Darkness and negative emotions aren't necessarily the same thing since Dark Road and the following UX updates are a thing, but even for KH, it seems too utopic to me that just destroying the embodiments of Darkness are going to solve every problem.

I've been expecting the MoM to have another goal correlated to this and destroying the Darknesses is just a part of his true objective, but I don't have any guesses for what that goal could be. Ballad's idea is interesting, though.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Wait what if when we go back to toy box and the main character (going with Kairi for this) meets the toy story gang, there’s a sequel to Verum Rex Rex is playing? And this sequel has Sora in it?! Then Kairi would know where Sora is!
I dont think so. DG and M already went around the worlds Sora veeb too and got no clues. I would think that D & G would specifically have rmeembered Toy Box.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Unreality is definitely an intriguing concept and there is many ways they could explore this concept in the next saga. I’m fine with the concept of unreality as long as the games continue to be enjoyable and interesting to play through and as long as it doesn’t end up creating any retcons later on.

Back