• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thoughts of genre shifts in KH?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
I prefer KH sticking to being ARPGs since that's what the series was founded on and the gameplay is really fun IMO. That said, if I had to pick genre shifts for the series, I'd take a SRPG, turn based JRPG, kart racer, and/or visual novel.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
^ I agree, I'd prefer it to stay in its own lane. But I won't lie, I'm happy we're getting a Theatrhythm-esque game for KH. I'd love a KH Dissidia or racing game, too.

Swing

Awards
I actually could see KH been an RPG in a future game. But it will most likely have a gimmick so that it will stick out from the other PRGs.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Man, thinking about it, I'd love if they would just finally get a non-Osaka team to make a Musou. Not because I like those games at all, but because it might potentially cause the next major game to veer away from KH3's already musou-like approach. I'd rather face 5-7 mobs that each pack a wallop and have fun mechanics than a room full of punching-bag mooks.

Otherwise, I'm down for some kind of MOBA or RTS. A game all about raising/interacting with Heartless and Nobodies would break the lore but be cute. I feel like KH has a personality issue that gets in the way of a potential Mario Kart clone, and I don't think there's a team at Square Enix capable of making it feel fun.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH MMO-lite but without the nasty over-complicated currency systems and arbitrary material/equipment systems that comes out of GaaS games. Keep it like KH but just make it a MMO. Don’t force monetized costumes in. Have options to pay if you want but make everything unlockable without timed exclusives or major grinding sessions.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
You know, after that Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga game finally comes out, TT Games could make their next project.....
0w7m68olu1v11.png

d19967fc91edc71c049f9c54bd486ff6.jpg

Otherwise, I'm down for some kind of MOBA or RTS. A game all about raising/interacting with Heartless and Nobodies would break the lore but be cute.
Well there's always spirit dream eaters as a light-aligned force.

Guernsey

Awards
You know, after that Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga game finally comes out, TT Games could make their next project.....
0w7m68olu1v11.png

d19967fc91edc71c049f9c54bd486ff6.jpg

That is actually not a bad idea. I wish I could see this game come into fruition but you would have to Square Enix and Disney and knowing the former, they will try to somehow connect it to the other games.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

yeah but let's not pretend dream eaters make even a tenth of the impression that heartless do. I'd want a little dark farm of shadows, soldiers, powerwilds, and one large body

the red monster

Awards
Kingdom hearts warriors/racing can be fun.
but i mainly want them to stick with ARPG

Back