• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thoughts about final fantasy 10-3 delaying.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Somnus cealum

Awards
i read a article a while ago and the director of ff 10 said he will make 10 3 after ff 7 r part 2. im kinda happy cus i have not finished ff 10 or 10 2. and im not done with ff 7r sadly lol. so i better hurry and finish them.

AegisXIII

Awards
I think he rather said that ff7 remake was using all their resources and that they couldn't think about it right now. However, there has been some concepts about it and they wish that an opportunity would allow them to become real.

To be honest, I don't know how I feel about it. FFx-2 divided fans. And the audio credit episode didn't provoke the hype that was expected. The return of sin? Tidus fading? This sounds like a cheap trick to go on and adventure once again. I would like a ffx-3, but also I want it to be well integrated into the plot and not feel like an afterthought.

Also the gap in graphics would be something to take into consideration.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I hope X-3 happens. And maybe they can use some of what they'd have to build for X-3 to re-make X later on. I'm not sure how I'd like the plot to end things once and for all. I think I'd be interested in a plot of Sin returning somehow (maybe because of something to do with Seymour?). Or, I don't know, something to do with the dead returning or crossing over among the living--which might allow them to bring Auron back as a party member, too. It's in my nature to want a HEA though, so I don't want an ending where one or both of Yuna and Tidus die. I think I'd rather an ending where Auron, Jecht, and Braska came back to live out their lives post-Sin, too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

I kinda like the two new characters from the audio drama. So I'd put them with Rikku instead of Tidus. I'd just give her a spinoff with a new antagonist.

Granted I'm curious what X-3 ends being if it ever happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com

Zul

Awards
Considering how awful X-2.5 and -will- were, I'm content right now with just pretending nothing after X-2 exists.

I hate stuff like Digimon Tri / Force Awakens, a story that ended well needlessly gets continued and throws crap at the original cast/characters/world etc.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Considering how awful X-2.5 and -will- were, I'm content right now with just pretending nothing after X-2 exists.

I hate stuff like Digimon Tri / Force Awakens, a story that ended well needlessly gets continued and throws crap at the original cast/characters/world etc.
How was 02, ending well? The original Adventures I'd agree, but not 02.

D

Deleted member 246005

I haven't finished 10/10-2 yet so I'm ok with waiting for 10-3.

Noivern

Awards
This is one of these things that gets me thinking: why, though? Granted, I'm not a fan of the X games, but I know people don't really want a new game. People who dislike X-2 are satisfied with the ambiguous ending of the original game, and the ones who enjoyed X-2 (even if just for the gameplay) are fine with how it wrapped up.

If they had to go back to a mainline game again they should revisit the world of FFVIII. Not really as a direct sequel or anything, but I always liked the world they built for that game with the Gardens.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It's not like X-2 was a masterpiece or anything. While I can enjoy that game, it's not really what I would have wanted from a sequel. I keep hoping there is a X-3 that brings the original cast of characters back together for another story. I do think it will happen someday.

I really wish they had never thought of splitting the VII Remake into multiple parts, but they know they can milk it dry that way. VII was never my favorite, to begin with. I don't mind it being re-made since it is so popular, that's natural, but splitting it into parts just means it's going to be sucking up Nomura's time for ages and ages just like XIII Versus did. I'd rather they had made a one-release remake for VII and then moved on to one for VIII (and then perhaps one for FFX even after that?), rather than aiming for four separate releases for VII alone.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I heard 2.5 was a huge mess. I haven't truly finished 10 or 10-2, but I don't think 10-2 is like the WORST thing ever.
But after hearing a summary of 2.5.... I just hope they choose someone ELSE to write it. Besides which, I feel like 10-2 really tied up most of the lose ends (from what i know). There's nothing really to cover is there??

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I heard 2.5 was a huge mess. I haven't truly finished 10 or 10-2, but I don't think 10-2 is like the WORST thing ever.
But after hearing a summary of 2.5.... I just hope they choose someone ELSE to write it. Besides which, I feel like 10-2 really tied up most of the lose ends (from what i know). There's nothing really to cover is there??
They create something to cover. In the audio drama they added to the collection, people are coming back from the Farplane and nobody knows why. Like a shared dream by the living essentially.

(it’s Yuna’s fault)

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I mean if the demand is there, go for it. If not, just move forward SQEX. I know Final Fantasy X walks among the more popular Final Fantasy titles, so I could see it happening..

shuyin_zer0

Awards
I actually love the more mature lore that was added in X-2.5 and would be all for that being further developed. It’s far more intriguing to me than time-traveling ghosts, anyway lol.

Back