• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thought you all might get a kick out of this. The following is absolutely true.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain_Goofy

The topmost tower of Disney Castle accessing KHIns
Thought you all might like this. The following is absolutely true.

A couple of years ago I once saw on some other forum a thread called, "Newborn japanese child condemned to eternal otakudom". Curious, I read it, and it was posted by someone sharing how their relatives in Japan who were KH fans had just had their first child, a son, and they named him Riku. Of course they all saw it was cute and there were (affectionate) comments about it, and one female poster wrote with a smile, "Hey seriously, in Japan Riku is actually considered a very nice name for a boy." ;)

Last edited:

Captain_Goofy

The topmost tower of Disney Castle accessing KHIns
From what I hear Riku is a common name. I once tried looking up the names to see their meanings, and if I recall correctly Sora means "sky" and Riku means "sea". Can't recall what Kairi means, though. The reason I thought some might get a kick out of it was because it just seemed like a cute idea (as those involved obviously did). And some name their kids after movie and book characters, so why not? ;) But I agree, ages on probably no one would get the ref, like if a mom who loved Titanic chose "Jack".

Last edited:

Macabre

Gold Member
No....

Riku means land and Kai means sea.

The ri in Kairi is added for....I dunno....

It's not anything funny or uncommon and besides,Riku is probably a common name.

If the kid was named Bowser than that would be funny.

Last edited:
T

trazin

M.o.N you just made me laugh so hard about 5 started staring at me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back