• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"This Was Used Before" Pod In Twilight Town

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
444oqv14de1z.jpg

Above all, Xemnas, the leader of the Organization, seemed to be searching for something important related to "memory". Some of their experiments involved the breaking and rebirth of memories, and those pods were for that purpose indeed created by the Organization. The pod that Sora woke up in in Twilight Town was the same one from Castle Oblivion. DiZ had moved everything as it was in order to escape pursuit by the Organization. Also, as Xigbar says in a cutscene added to this title: when the time comes to reveal the details of "the true purpose of Castle Oblivion", all the mysteries regarding Castle Oblivion will be solved.
-From Director's Secret Report XIII

I always wondered about these pods in KH2. In combination with what was revealed in the Director's Secret Report XIII and what we know in KH3, it seems that maybe these pods had something to do with further research on subjects that came from the KHUX timeline? Maybe DiZ used one of those pods on Subject X?

What do you all think?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Weren't those the pods Donald & Goofy were sleeping in?

ryder16

And the pods are on tracks too. Maybe there are more pods then we think. Does Twilight Town have a connection to Daybreak Town? (I cannot shake this feeling that they are.) If so it's with the old mansion. Why was Roxas born outside of the mansion?(If Nomura has told us why please tell me.) Will this be a plot point in the next saga?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Weren't those the pods Donald & Goofy were sleeping in?
The pods Donald and Goofy were sleeping in actually says that they were in it. They had two additional pods that said that they were "used before".

I think the Old Mansion has more secrets than we expect. There was that pegasus statue and (if I remember correctly) there was the symbol that was seen on Yen Sid's board in KH3 and the symbol of one of the 7 darknesses on the chessboard. Even if it wasn't that symbol, there were a lot of symbols and details in the mansion in KH2 that just seemed odd and as if building to something else. The most obvious ones being that two pods were used.

An easy explanation for it could be that it was Riku Replica and Xion, but then why are the pods in Twilight Town and not The World That Never Was?

disney233

Awards
The pods Donald and Goofy were sleeping in actually says that they were in it. They had two additional pods that said that they were "used before".

I think the Old Mansion has more secrets than we expect. There was that pegasus statue and (if I remember correctly) there was the symbol that was seen on Yen Sid's board in KH3 and the symbol of one of the 7 darknesses on the chessboard. Even if it wasn't that symbol, there were a lot of symbols and details in the mansion in KH2 that just seemed odd and as if building to something else. The most obvious ones being that two pods were used.

An easy explanation for it could be that it was Riku Replica and Xion, but then why are the pods in Twilight Town and not The World That Never Was?
Add that to the list of world building that was never touched upon (and probably never will be) in KH3.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Add that to the list of world building that was never touched upon (and probably never will be) in KH3.
Yeah well if it's related to KHUX, then it will probably be revisited in KH4. If they showed all of that in KH3, there would have been more complaints about how it was too much "sequel bait" with nothing to do with the main plot. Plus, we only really got to know KHUX was going to be bigger in future KH games because of the epilogue with Xigbar/Luxu. So it would have been weird/too revealing of that surprise if all of a sudden there's this huge focus on a bunch of KHUX stuff during the game. I don't think anyone (or most people) was thinking Subject X was from KHUX until after they beat the game.

Tempo

Awards
ive had a slight theory for a while (built on a bunch of other theories) that there's a whole TON of pods behind that wall the track runs along and they contain the bodies of the dandelions. im not putting too much stock in this though.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
This just reminds me how much I hated we couldn't explore the Old Mansion. With this, the winged unicorn stuff, the winged unicorn emblem at the old mansion now also appearing in Twilight Town, and KH3 caring more about the future UX stuff, you'd think it'd do...something with that in KH3. At least to remind us about it.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
This just reminds me how much I hated we couldn't explore the Old Mansion. With this, the winged unicorn stuff, the winged unicorn emblem at the old mansion now also appearing in Twilight Town, and KH3 caring more about the future UX stuff, you'd think it'd do...something with that in KH3. At least to remind us about it.
Maybe it will be explorable in the DLC? Now that most people know about Xigbar/Luxu and that the next games will focus on KHUX stuff, it would be perfect for Nomura to include those details in the Old Mansion.

Back