• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This site needs a new feature

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

devilsTrinity

So I've noticed that when talking in the forums there is no feature to let you know when you've been quoted.

I think that would be a nice addition so you don't have to lurk on a thread and if you're talking in more than one you can go to your user cp and see if anyone has responded to what you have said.

It's a lot easier than going through ten pages of posts and reading every post to see if some one has.

Note: if this is already a feature someone should point it out for me. Thanks.

Cicero

Visionary
You can subscribe to threads so it notifies you everytime someone posts something new. Look at the top of the page at 'Thread Tools' and then click 'Subscribe to this thread' in the menu. It doesn't say when someone quoted you in particular, but that is unneeded luxery, imo.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Or, you could just subscribe to the thread. By doing that, you will get a notification in your User CP anytime someone replies to that thread. It won't just tell you when someone quotes you, but if you posted anything worthwhile at all, odd are that any following posts with either quote you or hold some relevance to what you said.

That option is under Thread Tools, by the way.

devilsTrinity

You automatically subscribe to threads when you post in them.

I'm just saying because it really is a hassle.

Sometimes you post your opinion or something and somebody quotes you or not. It just makes things a lot easier.

OH and thanks for your input. Don't mean to come off rude or anything.

I just realized I would have probably posted so much more here in the last almost five years if I could tell when I was quoted.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
This isnt facebook my friend.

It helps to read every single post after you post so you know whats going on.

What? Im the only one that does that? -Le gasp-

Cicero

Visionary
I'm just saying because it really is a hassle. If any of you are a member of Absolutepunk.net or join and start posting in their forums you'll see it's a lot of help.

You'd best take out this sentence, advertising isn't allowed. Other than that, if you think it would be a good, neccessary feature for this site, then suggest it to one of the admins and they might consider it.

EDIT: And don't double post, there is an EDIT button.

metalyoshi9

While what the first two up here ^ say is true about subscribing, I'm going to have to take devilsTrinity's side on this.
There are several threads that get manyyyyy posts, frequently, and it would be nice to know when someone is talking directly about what you said.

...In any case, I'm not aware of any such feature, and I'm guessing if Vandread, with almost 8,000 posts and 3 years under his belt, doesn't know of it, then it probably doesn't exist. XD

devilsTrinity

hahaha man new set of rules.

Thanks Ximon. I didn't mean to advertise.

I'd rather not go through all the posts either. I usually have one on one convos with people.

Cicero

Visionary

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
You automatically subscribe to threads when you post in them.

Uh...since when? Last I checked, I had to manually subscribe to each thread I wanted to keep track of.

While what the first two up here ^ say is true about subscribing, I'm going to have to take devilsTrinity's side on this.
There are several threads that get manyyyyy posts, frequently, and it would be nice to know when someone is talking directly about what you said.

If you are that worried about someone quoting what you said, chances are that you are looking for a discussion of some sort. If that's the case, there's really no reason you can't read the rest of the posts in the thread, because they are part of the discussion as well.

...In any case, I'm not aware of any such feature, and I'm guessing if Vandread, with almost 8,000 posts and 3 years under his belt, doesn't know of it, then it probably doesn't exist. XD

That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means that it might and we don't have it.

I'd rather not go through all the posts either. I usually have one on one convos with people.

That's what Private Messages are for.

Yeah, and in that example he advertised for a site.

Oh shut up already. He didn't tell anyone to join the site, he just said that the site had a useful feature. That's not advertising.

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
User CP > Settings & Options - 'Edit Options'
Picture1-18.png

Last edited:
Back