• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"This Keyblade, it`s sham... worthless."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
So during 358/2 Days Riku and Xion clash, and at the end of the fight Riku picks up Xion`s Keyblade and tells her that it`s a sham. I think Nomura also later confirms that the Keybade Xion is using is actually a copy. So that got me thinking how Riku was able to tell the difference since the Keyblade Xion was using seemed to have the qualifications that a real Keyblade has, and looking as one. In the past Riku has touched at least two real Keyblades: he touched Terra`s Keyblade when he was young in BBS, and touched and hold the Kingdom Key in a few instances during KH1. Maybe Xion`s Keyblade had a different feeling than the real Keyblades Riku touched and held in the past, so that is the reason why he knew it was a fake one?

Also, maybe Xion`s Keyblade is from "weaker material" than the real Keybkades, and that also makes it different from real Keyblades. I don`t really have anything to support this with, but this sort of idea crossed my mind when Maleficent broke Data-Sora`s Keyblade easily. Real Keyblade`s having been broken before but... yeah.

Thoughts?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Days is a mess and the Xion Keyblade scenario is just one aspect of that mess of maaaaany.

That being said, I don't know what you're looking for here? They should never have introduced fake Keyblades into the series, it's so... oof. Like, as you said, how is Xion's Keyblade fake yet operates just as fine as any other Keyblade when it comes down to it? You have Nomura saying that Riku lost to Roxas because he was "shocked to be battling against a /real/ Keyblade" or whatever and it's just soooo ughhhhhh.

I hate Days lol. It's just such a mess.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If one were to make a guess, it would have to do with the...feel of it. Every Keyblade has some level of sentience since they are able to choose their wielders and is tied to the heart of their wielder.

Xion herself was not real, so her Keyblade was just a sham like she was. It wouldn't feel like a real Keyblade.

I don't like thinking about Days, though. Audo explains it well that it is pretty messy.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I imagine it's something only "real" keyblade weirder can tell the difference. I guess it has to do with Xion's key not being a reflection of her own heart or such so it's more piece of metal than a presentation of the wielder's power.

Just stick to appreciating single dad Axel teaching Roxas how to talk to girls and the game is pretty good.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Just stick to appreciating single dad Axel teaching Roxas how to talk to girls and the game is pretty good.
I hate that aspect, too, lol. The babyfication of Roxas was such a terrible idea imo and makes his relationship with Axel so incredibly outbalanced.

The Xion Keyblade thing though... just. bleh. Like if normal swords don't free hearts captive by the Heartless, then why would a fake Keyblade?

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I hate that aspect, too, lol. The babyfication of Roxas was such a terrible idea imo and makes his relationship with Axel so incredibly outbalanced.

Are you saying you didn't like Axel giving Roxas science lessons about how we see colors? That was a very important lesson for young Roxas on his quest of self discovery.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
That being said, I don't know what you're looking for here?

Something along the lines what Master Spockanort and Divine Past mentioned.

This comparison is gonna sound goofy, but aren`t face/copy Keybaldes similar to, well cheap copies of Rolex watches for example? Both watches look the same, they operate in similar fashion(tell the time) and etc.. but a seasoned watch veteran can tell the difference between a fake one and real one. Hmm, maybe being able to make that kinda comparison alone signals how confusing of an idea about a fake Keyblade is. I had forgotten the Riku being shocked about real Keybaldes... man that sound confusing.

Still, I think the idea is interesting that the if the wilder of they Keybalde is artificial in a sense, so is the weapon she/he is manifesting. It`s like that what happens when your are trying to create something mystical artificially and by force. But then again, what difference does it make if the weapon still functions like the real deal.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Just see Days as a fanfiction where the author gives certain knowledge HE has to the characters which shouldn't have that knowledge. For me, that was how Riku (and others...) acted through most of the game :/

redcrown

Awards
Just see Days as a fanfiction where the author gives certain knowledge HE has to the characters which shouldn't have that knowledge. For me, that was how Riku (and others...) acted through most of the game :/

Basically yes this. It will save a lot of pain and mental screwing if you do this.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Days, for all intents and purposes, kind of is fanfiction. I mean, KH as a whole is a Disney/FF fanfic, but then Days is the fanfic of a fanfic. The dude who wrote the scenario for Days shoehorned Xion into the story and then made the whole thing revolve around her. Reminds me of people who write Sonic fanfiction, and the whole story revolves their OC named "Zero, the Artificial Hedgehog" or some bullshit like that.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The dude who wrote the scenario for Days shoehorned Xion into the story and then made the whole thing revolve around her.
You mean Tetsuya Nomura? lol.

But yeah, Days truly is bad fanfic of the KH series. It has all the badfic trappings. Author Insert characters, OOC characters, the Author Insert becoming a black hole that makes the whole story bend to its will, characters fainting so they can be held by the bishies, the characterizations of the other Org members are practically ripped from fanfics. Hell the game's main idea, "There was a hidden fourteenth member of Organization XIII filled with mystery and tragedy!" is one of the most fanfic-y things in the whole series.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Yes, this is what I was referring to. Xion was not originally part of Nomura's plan, from what I understand.
He is the "dude who wrote the scenario" though, lol. Quite literally, as this is the first game he wrote the main scenario himself and not just the base story.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
He is the "dude who wrote the scenario" though, lol. Quite literally, as this is the first game he wrote the main scenario himself and not just the base story.

But Xion wasn't his idea, and that's what makes the entire game feel fanfic-y. Say what you will about the pacing and the overall "nothing happens" of the plot, but Xion is what steals so much of the game's focus and she wasn't Nomura's creation.

redcrown

Awards
This needs to be an investigation. Who created Xion? who made the Days story? who do we blame for this travesty?

Trial starts at dawn.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
But Xion wasn't his idea, and that's what makes the entire game feel fanfic-y. Say what you will about the pacing and the overall "nothing happens" of the plot, but Xion is what steals so much of the game's focus and she wasn't Nomura's creation.
So it would be better if she was his creation but still stole all of the game's focus? The dude is the director of the series, he CAN say no to an idea, but he heard the idea for Xion and liked it. He's just as much to blame. And again, he did write the scenario. It's more than possible to have Xion the character exist and for her not to be as much as a black hole on the plot, but he chose not to write her that way.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
So it would be better if she was his creation but still stole all of the game's focus? The dude is the director of the series, he CAN say no to an idea, but he heard the idea for Xion and liked it. He's just as much to blame. And again, he did write the scenario. It's more than possible to have Xion the character exist and for her not to be as much as a black hole on the plot, but he chose not to write her that way.

I almost guarantee you that Nomura heard the idea of "A secret 14th member of the Organization" and with his love of plot twists simply for surprise's sake, included it. That's one thing about Nomura's ideas that I don't care for. I'm all for shock and awe, but Nomura does random crap just in the hopes that we'll gasp at it.

Anagram

Banned
Nomura does random crap just in the hopes that we'll gasp at it.

Aka every "plot twist" he's tried to throw at us for years now. Each one being more underwhelming, predicted or convoluting than shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back