• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This isn't working :/

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHeart

I just can't blend for some reason. I tried and it butchers the piece to astronomical porportions. Anyway cnc what is there, other than it doesn't blend, I know it doesn't.....

rebeltag.png

Davey

durp.
It's a really nice looking tag you got there, but you can blend it by using lighting techniques or something like that. Have you tried gradient maps over the whole piece or using red and blue soft brushes on top of the stock?

KHeart

There is some linear dodge soft brushing in there but it is all behind the stock. I tried it, but not of it looked that good. What is a gradient map, and how do I do it?

Davey

durp.
Go the the top of your layers and go to Layer>New Adjustment Layer> Gradient Map. Pick from the stuff there and then mess around with the blending options there. Levels and Curves under those options work great too.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
I tried to make it blend more:

thelightedit.png

Steps i took:
1. Pink and yellow gradient map, set to "Luminosity" 42%
2. Another gradient map, this time it was a custom one made from dark blue going into silver going into gold. Set to "Color" 20%
3. Then a Deep yellow photo filter default settings.
4. Used a lighting render
5. Levels
6. Sepia photo filter
7. Reduce noise
8. Sharpened the stock
9. Lens correction
10. Soft round brush around the stock with a warm orange set to "Color dodge" 50%

idk hope this helps anyway :3 it was only a quick edit so w/e

KHeart

Gah you marvelized it, love it. I like it a bit, I will play with it some more. I also would like to know where you got your sweet text at that is in your current tag, also Kazuma I don't know how to send you psd, but once I figure out how I will send it to you ASAP.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
If you care at all what a nub like me thinks, I usually just pick colors that go along with the render/stock. If it's a render I duplicate it and smudge it to make the background match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back