• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This isn't a good site any more!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
My interpretation of the situation was that swearing was only allowed to be used lightly, and not to be used in flaming. When you start using swear words to put people down maliciously, that's where I see the line drawn. Using it casually in speech, so long as it isn't disgustingly over-used, I don't see a problem with it.

Maturity can also come from not over-reacting to simple words that are used in everyday speech. They are in the dictionary, perfectly acceptable part of our vernacular. They only become desitute and vulgar when you place them on a pedestal. It's just like laughing at the word penis, it's not funny. Ass is a body part as well as a donkey, if you don't like it, get over it.

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
*laughs in little kid's face, then walks away*

Seriously, stop being naive. Are you saying that people don't cuss at your school? You make it seem like you've never heard someone swear before. And whining about it was just dumb. This just looks like some cry for attention/help. And were the people even cursing at you, or were you just reading someones flame? If it was directed at you, then its probobly because you were being annoying/a n00b/ emo.

Son of Sepheroth

Website
rko412.proboards77.com
Shady-DVS-Hoody-Child said:
*laughs in little kid's face, then walks away*

Seriously, stop being naive. Are you saying that people don't cuss at your school? You make it seem like you've never heard someone swear before. And whining about it was just dumb. This just looks like some cry for attention/help. And were the people even cursing at you, or were you just reading someones flame? If it was directed at you, the its probobly because you were being annoying/a n00b/ emo.

I nevered had anybody swear at my school cause it's a christan school:rolleyes:

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
really it said if you need to swear us * to stand for some of the letters. I don't know why people just don't do that.

Hanatori

I will BUUURN MY DREAAAAD
Website
tsuikai.deviantart.com
Haven't your feelings ever been hurt by words? Hasn't a statement ever profoundly stunned you? To some, they may be "just words," but other people may seriously become affected by these words.

I lightly swear, too. It's not like I'm all goody-goody, but the thing is, I actually think of what I'm saying. It's not necessary to use a lot of curse words, no matter what you're saying. Heck, cursing could actually show proof of one's inability to recall words and therefore make them look dumb. -_-

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
Son of Sepheroth said:

You knows whats funny? I used to go to Christian school, and people still swore. Not as much, but they still did. So you can't even use that as an excuse....wtvr. You really are just a child. >_>

Kairi's Heart

I Love Axel!!!!
Son of Sepheroth said:

I go to a catholic school and there is more swearing than a public school. We can't go through a conversation without saying at least 10 swears. And the guys are the ones who are the most immature about it, but it's how you use those 'swears' that matters. Honestly, why does it bother you? Just don't say it, but if it gets out of hand then contact a mod, as Monkeybutt has told you.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
>__> hmm..well SoS..I have to say...a few things....Swearing..in my opinion..is not a part of growing up...it just happens...and unless there is going to be a NO SWEARING rule then....you just have to deal.....it nice that you have values...and all...and people should respect them..but I dont like it when other people shove their beliefs down other thoth...if it is bothering you that much then either..leave(I dont want you to though) and go to a Christian KH site....or...just learn to tolerate..whats going on here.....basically...the swearing has no effect on me...for as long as I dont see the full word then I dont care....but since it offends you...and cant really think of anything else to say.....and to the others who it is bothering....I say....dont read the words...or just skip that post...*sigh*...since this is my own opinion..and i have lots to say I will stop...before I say something I will regret...

*Doesnt freedom of speech count on the internet too....Whatever*

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
You know, I find it hysterical that so many people are viewing this thread, waiting for a chance to perk up and bury the guy in his own whinings XD

I nevered had anybody swear at my school cause it's a christan school

^ this explains everything :/

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Kairi's Heart said:
I go to a catholic school and there is more swearing than a public school. We can't go through a conversation without saying at least 10 swears. And the guys are the ones who are the most immature about it, but it's how you use those 'swears' that matters. Honestly, why does it bother you? Just don't say it, but if it gets out of hand then contact a mod, as Monkeybutt has told you.

me too. except it was a christain school. And they weren't just cussing they were doing alot more if you know what I mean. Wow there's alot of people here.

Zaraki

xxTsukixx said:
Haven't your feelings ever been hurt by words? Hasn't a statement ever profoundly stunned you? To some, they may be "just words," but other people may seriously become affected by these words.
QUOTE]

yes of course but hasnt everyone. but i mean if their just using them to describe somthing i dont care and i really dont care wut people say know its their opinion of me if they say im a f***tard letem say it. i come to a point where if sombody drops the n bomb on me i wouldnt really care that much

[crash]

Summertime, Go Outside And Get Some
xxTsukixx said:
You know, there's too much of a discrepancy between new members and veteran members. It's bad enough that the new members don't feel welcome here, it's worse when the older members feel like they have to claim their superiority over them and make them feel stupid. There are some idiots out there in the world, yes, but that doesn't give anyone the right to call out members based on their join date.

And yes, sometimes swearing's a big problem, but the threads that get out of control are usually closed and deleted later.

I get the second part, but please, where did that first one come from? It may seem that way to you, but beinga veteran, I really can't see it. I know you will see this as what you were saying, but if you ever need help I wouldn't flame you or put you down if you were still new. I would help you out and see what your problem was. The only reason I would ever get into a new person's face is if they bad mouth me for no real reason.

But this thread isn't about that so I'll leave it alone. But for this swearing thing Son of Sephiroth. I agree with BP, if it is used right and not against someone I don't see a problem.

Last edited:
S

.Scarlet Letter.

SoS you can't change people to act in your favor. Just ignore them unless they've gone over the top and need to learn a lesson. ^.^

Son of Sepheroth said:
I nevered had anybody swear at my school cause it's a christan school

Breaking Point said:
^ this explains everything :/

That does explain everything. Therefore I see no point for other members to bash SoS for complaining. ^.^

Hanatori

I will BUUURN MY DREAAAAD
Website
tsuikai.deviantart.com
No, not all of that applies to every veteran member. I know a handful who are really helpful and friendly... and then there are those who are plain unpleasant to talk to. Unfortunately there are more of the latter that I've seen.

It was just that comment "they've just joined the forums, so they don't have the right to say it" that really got me fired up. Just ignore me. :p

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
well well well...it seems..the fight fest is over for now...hahaha...but SoS...I understand where your coming from cuz I used to go to a christian shcool too..but I never liked how they always try to change people..and Blah...anyways...like SL said...but anyways I got to go..I hope this resloved soon...lol(no time for spell check)

S

.Scarlet Letter.

xxTsukixx said:
It was just that comment that "they've just joined the forums, so they don't have the right to say it" that really got me fired up. Just ignore me. :p

A most disgusting comment. All members have rights <_<.
I think SoS understands what we mean by now..... 3 pages XD.

Riku_123

ummm sorry to say but in all honesty there just words and the so called"finger"is just your middle finger Im putting it up rite now as we speak and im sewaring my ass off rite now....theres nothing wrong with swearing as long as you dont say F**k or anything offensive so calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back