• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This is the thread where all of us criminal scum who got the Days ROM come to discuss

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
There is a ROM floating around on the internet, but for legal reasons pertaining to Kingdom Hearts Insider as a whole, no one is to publicly post any links to anywhere it is found. It can, however, be PM'd to other members, although it is preferable that such information be shared over other venues outside the forum as a whole, such as MSN/AIM/etc.

The current release of the ROM appears to only function in the areas where there is no 3D rendering is required, that is, it is impossible to actually play the game and view cutscenes at this point.

It would be very appreciated that anyone who doesn't have the rom, has any questions about obtaining it/for the people who have it, kindly do not post here, especially if they're go on about how bad and evil ROM's are. Nobody give a shit if you think they're the inhumanity of man. Any such posts will be deleted.

It is possible to play the game on a flashcart, but since the game has anti-piracy protection, it requires a bit of work.

There are two currently known ways to do this.

The first is a patch that's been floating around that adresses the anti-piracy. Just download it (not really that hard to find) and it should be self-explanatory.

The second is a bit more elaborate but still very easy.

1. Find a rom.

2. Download UltraEdit: UltraEdit text editor free trial download

Install it.

3. Open up the ROM with ultraedit (you might want to make a copy in case you mess up, althought the procedure is pretty simple".

4. Click the window that pops up, and press Ctrl+F. Search for the line of code "01 E2 0C 51 00 0D " and change the 0C to "37". Save the file and exit ultraedit.

5. Saving your edit, you will notice a new file has been created with the same name as yours, except its extension is "nds.bak". Pay no attention to it, just use the original file you opened up with ultraedit.

And you're done.

The cards that work with the ROM so far :

CycloDS (new firmware needed)
R4 (patch needed/Ultraedit)
R4 Vol. 2 (clone) (Patch Needed)
R4 SDHC (clone) (Firmware 1.25, Patch Needed)
M3 (Patch Needed)
EDGE (Patch Needed)
Acekard 2 (AKAIO Firmware & Patch Needed)
ITouch: (Patch Needed)
DSTT (Patch Needed/ultraedit)

Please keep in mind that all the following information is coming from me, a person who has no understanding of Japanese characters, and that this information only pertains to the Japanese ROM.

Confirmed information: (There is no doubt to this information's truth)
+ The game is in a 256 Mb packet, which, to me at least, would make this the largest DS game to date. The actual size of the game in relation to the packet will be announced soon.
+ While the packet size is 256 Mb, the actual game is around 249 Mb.
+ The game's DS Icon is a Sea Salt Ice Cream on an orange-gradient square panel.
+ On the screens that flash up before the title screen, there are, in order:
- Top Screen: 'Disney Interactive Studios' then 'h.a.nd.'
- Bottom Screen: 'Square Enix' then 'Mobi Clip Video Codec'
+ The title screen is the same as on the DS cover.
+ The title screen music is another Dearly Beloved song, as in the previous four/five games.
+ The options on the title screen available to you straight away are 'Story Mode' and 'Mission Mode'.
+ Sound effects, at least in terms of scrolling, selecting things, trying to do things you can't, and going back to the previous screen, are the same as in the
GBA Chain of Memories.
+ Within the 'Story Mode', off the bat, is only the 'New Game' option.
- After the 'New Game' option is selected, the player is taken to a black-and-red-themed screen, in which there are three options, possibly the different
difficulty levels.
+ When selecting 'Mission Mode', the player will be taken to a black-and-blue-themed screen, for the purposes of loading. There are three blank options, saying 'No Data' in them, and a small button at the bottom saying 'Guest Play'
- When attempting to select the 'No Data' boxes to load, nothing will happen, except for a noise telling you you can't do that, exactly like that in the GBA
Chain of Memories.
+When the 'Guest Play' button has been selected, the 'No Data' boxes will slide off the screen and the 'Guest Play' box will rise to the centre, and two options, yes or no, are available. Selecting no returns the player to the Load Screen with the 'No Data' boxes.
- Selecting yes brings up another two options, which appear to be for confirmation, because selecting one of them returns you to the Load Screen once
more.
+ Selecting yes a second time will incite a ringing sound like whenever a new game is started, and the screen changes. The music also changes.
- The new screen layout is mostly greys and blacks with white texts, and red for highlights and borders. The background on the top screen has Nobody
symbols repeating on it.
+ At this point, there are four slots that appear empty on the bottom screen, and a button below them.
+ Selecting the button brings up a small change in the screen, and will now list the people currently in the playing party, with you as the first player and with
a blue box. Second player is red, third is yellow, and fourth is green. Below the four of these is another button.
+ Selecing this option brings up the character select screen.
- On the bottom screen are the characte images arranged as we have seen before, with seven along the top and six along the bottom. The cursor
originates on Roxas, but all members of Organization XIII are selectable.
- On the top screen are the highlighted character's details, and changing bars indicating their stats, of which there are seven different ones, one of which is
definitely HP.
- Once the character has been selected, a prompt appears at the bottom of the bottom screen saying 'Press Start'.
+ Pressing Start takes you to the character customization screen.
- In the middle of the top screen, your selected character is shown. Next to the image are seven options, the sixth of which is unavailable, at least in Guest
Play.
- At the bottom of the top screen are, for at least Roxas, '5000 Munnies' and '300 Heart Points'.
- On the bottom screen and to the left is displayed your character's face, and four of their stats, two of which are definitly Level and HP.
- Taking up most of the bottom screen is a grey panel with numerous numbers and details, one of which reads '0/25', and there is a Nobody Symbol and a
Gold Crown, both of which have zeroes next to them.
- Pressing X here swaps the bottom screens, and a small list is shown, which for Roxas, depicts a Keyblade Icon, his current weapon, and a Shirt Icon, his
currently equipped armour. Holding X and moving the directional pad allows players to highlight their equipment.
+ Back on the top screen, the first option takes you to the world select screen. Originally, the top screen shows The World That Never Was, but soon moves
to show Twilight Town, which is shown with a '00' in the list on the bottom screen, which would appear to be scrollable.
- Selecting Twilight Town brings up a change in the bottom screen, showing a screen with three different tabs selectable to give information about the
world.
- Pressing A will then bring up a Yes/No option to go to the world.
+ The second option on the top screen gives you the panel customization, which gives a variety of panels showing items, spells, level-related things, character enhancements and the like.
+ The third option goes to a new screen with a yellow/brown background and a Moogle shown in it, some kind of shop, apparently. There are four options, Buy, Sell, 'Panel Mix Recipe', and to leave the shop.
+ The fourth option in the chartacter customization brings up the character select screen again.
+ The fifth option brings up a series of options on the top screen, for which there are five pages of, and a little more than a whole one are unavailable.
+ The seventh option, remembering that the sixth was unavailalbe, leaves the Mission Mode and returns the player to the title screen.

Possible information: (Could be wrong, most of them probably because I don't know Japanese)
+ There are three difficulty levels, given that in the 'New Game' screen there are three options to choose from.
+ The stat bars for each character, in that they are orders with four to the left and three to the right, appear to be.
HP | Attack Range or Speed
Attack | [Uncertain]
Defence | [Uncertain]
Speed or Attack range

Pictures: (Screenshots will be provided when available)
Title Screen
Character Select Screen
Character Stats
New Game, Load and Mission Mode Screens
Search for and Available Players Screens
Character Detail Screens

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Re: This is the thread where all of us criminal scum who got the Days ROM come to dis

Supposedly the ROM is still being hacked and dumped so as to bypass the whole Piracy Protection thing.

Really don't know how long it's going to take if it's indeed being worked on. Apparently on the forum where the leaked Days box picture was posted, the members are having the same discussion about its authenticity, so it could very well be that the game isn't leaked after all.

Regardless, it's only 4 ays till the release date, by that point the ROM will surely be floating around somewhere.

Last edited:

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Re: This is the thread where all of us criminal scum who got the Days ROM come to dis

779_jeremy_kyle_342x262.jpg

YOU ARE SCUM!

I couldn't resist.

Also, I'm going to download the ROM as well, providing it will work on my R4 because I've downloaded a few jap games and they don't seem to work. The latest one working that I downloaded is 'Devil Survivor' and that's around it.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Perosnaly I don't care about downlaoding it. I only want to see some footage as early as possible. I can wait till my Japanese copy gets here.

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner

Well, the ROM is in the process of being cracked. One it's cracked it'll be up for download. To anyone who pre-ordered the game, this does mean that there will be people playing it before you.

A

Audo

To anyone who pre-ordered the game, this does mean that there will be people playing it before you.
How earth-shattering.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3

hey i dont care as long as those people downloading it or whatever but walkthroughs of it up im good :I

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0

Any estimates on when it'll be finished?

Radon

mofo

Well, the ROM is in the process of being cracked. One it's cracked it'll be up for download. To anyone who pre-ordered the game, this does mean that there will be people playing it before you.

And it matters why?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

People pre-order it and pay money to get it as soon as possible. Someone having a ROM renders both of them pointless.

Radon

mofo

Sure, you want to get the game as soon as possible, but does it matter if someone plays it before you? And when you buy a game theres nothing illegal about it.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

We are aware that downloading a ROM is illegal to one extent or another, unless you are on of those people getting a ROM of it, kindly get out.

Terion

im nobody so i liv in the world dat dont exist.

I am 95% sure the rom is going to be slow on most of the flashcarts, including my R4 III(Clone, I know>.<).
And yes, I am going to get it, I even thought of getting a DSi if CFW or something would be released on it to play games faster, especially for this.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Why would it necessarily play slower? Because of the extra security put into the game or something?

Terion

im nobody so i liv in the world dat dont exist.

No, I am speaking from what I have from my experience from my flashcarts, and I believe it is the same on every flashcart.
I played GTA:CW, which was half way laggy (I did not use any cheats) and when I was chased by 5 star cops, the game was unplayable. Considering you will be facing a lot of enemies in the game at a time, it might be the same case with GTA 5 star cops. And another example is FF:CC EoT, the game was slow when there were 6 to 8 enemies at a time in an area. Again, what I have is from my experience.
And the problem also might be anti-piracy, since both of the games I have stated had anti-piracy, which I bypassed with a patch and a cheat code. I am not 100% sure why it was slow.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

I use a SuperCard DSOne, and have had no speed problems, ever, except for in the Crystal Chronicles games, and even then there had to be like fifteen enemies on screen.

At the same time, given the amount of activity going on in each battle, S-E and hand have probably both worked for a functional and streamlined design for the game.

Wynn

Haven't experienced any problems playing ROMs with my flashcart. Might be because I haven't played games with anti piracy but don't really know if they have it in the first place. Scene groups might find a way to circumvent it before releasing them though.

Anyway, I'm still undecided whether or not to dl the ROM. Don't really like playing Japanese versions of games.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0

I have a DSTT and no game has lagged for me. I have played Crystal Chronicals and it has never lagged so maybe DSTT is the way to go.

Dark - Roxas

I going to download as soon as it is uploaded. When it comes to Australia i'll buy it.

I've got an EDGE and the only game thats ever lagged for me is Bangai-O Spirits. But i've seen it lag on R4 and TT as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back