• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► This is more a medical question, really...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicodin

relative power
So, on Wednesday I hurt my hand (scrapes, not scratches really), and today I scratched at my hand and pulled off a small bit of the scab, and pus came out (yellow-greenish).

As far as I know, it has "signs" of an infected wound - it's warm to the touch, etc. Question is though, is it really infected?

-The area WAS swollen a bit within the first two days, but since then it has almost returned to normal.
-It does hurt when touched, but only when the wound itself is touched, not anywhere else on my hand.
-It IS scabbing, so it's not really an open wound.
-Redness does not seem to be spreading - the only red that exists is the red surround the cuts and then it's only about a millimeter to two or so millimeters away from the scrapes.
-I don't know if I have a fever (sign of an infection?), but that's because we do not have thermometers in my house at all.
-The two scrapes on the sides of my hand are a bit discolored, but only on the "inside." The color is yellowish green?

The only two photos I can supply right now at the time, are two really shitty webcam shots, which may or may not be of help. If I can later, I will try to get better shots with a regular camera and upload them.

I've looked at well over 20 websites on signs of infection, and they all say the same things with little to no explanation. I've put neosporin on the cuts, but that is only for the most part what I've done. :/

2ro2ec0.png

this is, for now, the cut i'm most worried about. (farthest one over on the (your) left)

2n8yp9u.png

These ones too, but not so much (for now :/).

Help would be awesome - though I know none of you are doctors lol. Ask questions and I'll be able to answer them best to my ability.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Dude, that is really nasty.
Yeah, it definitely looks infected.
Just let it heal by itself and put alcohol on it.
Never put band-aids on. They just take everything with it and make it even worse and smells like shit.

very differentiable
Awards
Well, if you think you're infected you should see a doctor, if he'll tell you it's not at least you'll be certain, and if it is, he can prescribe you antibiotics. Better safe then sorry.

Awards
None of us can say for sure whether or not it is infected, but based on the symptoms you've described I would be really surprised if it wasn't. Don't go to the doctor unless it gets worse. For now, this is what I recommend you do, in this very specific order:

1) Extract as much pus from the wounds as you can. It will probably be painful, but you need to get it out of your body, so try to clean it until all you see is clean flesh and blood.
2) Go buy some hydrogen peroxide and pour it all over your hand. Flush out the wounds and be very liberal with it. It kills bacteria.
3) Cover all of the injured areas with antibiotic ointment. Neosporin works wonders here.
4) Keep your hand covered. Maybe put some large bandages over it and then find an elastic wrap to put around it to keep everything secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back