• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This is getting annoying

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SORA619

Awards
First of all i dind't know if it was the right section to make the thread. Move it if it wrong. I was searching in the forums and i ended to the thread about the sales of BbS so far. I saw monkey's post there and it made me think some things

Monkey:

In the states however, there is no telling how it will fare. While Crisis Core sold over 500,000 in both North America and Europe, Dissidia only sold 200,000 units in America, but you can thank a year long delay and a huge amout of piracy for that (Square Enix should not repeat the delay mistake again, why wait a year when you can pirate the Japanese version).

We europenas and US got crisis core a year later and we weren't sure if it was coming to our states(thanks to final fantasy fans, it came) I didn't knew that the game was so pirated and monkey is right that Square should have be awre of that. Months ago i heard that square said that they will start translating FFXIII before it comes out in Japan so the wait time for our states won't be long. I don't think that square did it for us fans because we would start to copmlaining but she didn't want the game to be pirated like crisis core. My point is: why Square didn't started the translation of BbS before the Japanese release? Even her know that KH is a very popular francise and a lot of people will pirate it, so the sales will be dropped. She didn't even had a release date before the release of the japanese version like the past KH games. I know they are working on versus but the don't have japanese fans only...

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
They have already finished recording the English audio for BbS, so there is no question of "Will BbS come to Europe and America". In fact, they finished the English audio before BbS' Japanese release, I believe. All they have to do is put English subtitles on, and then you have America and the UK settled. Other languages will take a bit more time since I don't know if they've yet recorded the game in other languages, but I think it's because of that that Europe gets the games later; there are many languages in Europe. Square have probably realised that such lengthy waiting times affect their sales. That, and they lose custom in general.

Plus, if you're not happy with waiting for BbS to come to Europe, you can always import it upon its American release. PSPs aren't region-locked. It's what I'm going to do.

SORA619

Awards
And the dialogs are taking a lot to be put in a game? And the english between US and EU are the same so what the difference? At least a release date for US wouldn't be a problem... And of course i will ship it from US. I can't wait much longer...

Last edited:

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I shouldn't think that dialogues take too long to be put into the game. They just have to translate all the menus, journals, subtitles, etc. into the game. Because the English voice recording has already been done, America might get the game quite sooner than we expected. However, only one country in Europe speaks English, and that's the UK. There are other countries in Europe that speak French, Spanish, German, plus many more, and they will take time to produce and to translate and to record, etc., which is why the UK gets games after America. If the UK got games at the same time as America, it would be unfair on the rest of Europe.

SORA619

Awards
I'm living on Greece and we can speak english so it won't be a problem. But why FFXIII sooner? It is bigger game than BbS

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Oh, uh, I'm not too knowledgeable about FF, but nobody has a release date for BbS for America and Europe yet. FFXIII could come later, you never know. But from your post, it sounds like they've done the same thing for FFXIII as they've done with BbS: done English translations before the Japanese release. Until you know the release dates for both games, you'd have to assume that the game with the later Japanese release will logically have the later English release.

SORA619

Awards
Oh, uh, I'm not too knowledgeable about FF, but nobody has a release date for BbS for America and Europe yet. FFXIII could come later, you never know. But from your post, it sounds like they've done the same thing for FFXIII as they've done with BbS: done English translations before the Japanese release. Until you know the release dates for both games, you'd have to assume that the game with the later Japanese release will logically have the later English release.

FXIII release date for US and EU is 13 of March. Square announced it

deep_but_stupid

FXIII release date for US and EU is 13 of March. Square announced it

Oh, i thought it was officially 9th

And i thought the late eu release dates was because of regional coding and stuff, and handheld games usually come out very shortly after the US release for that reason.

Also i'm not sure they translate games into every language. I've never seen french or german KH clips on youtube or anything.

but if there is a a several month gap, then yeah I'm importing.

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
I'm living on Greece and we can speak english so it won't be a problem. But why FFXIII sooner? It is bigger game than BbS

why dont you try answering the questions yourself.

why ffXIII first?

why should we care? the point is that both are coming out in english and in english territories. that's good enough,

crisis core did take a while to come out, though i'm not so sure for what official reason it was.

BirthBySleepxoxo

Hey Everyone i'm new the names Dean/Deano i prefer Deano though ;)

The PSP has no region locking for UMD games, except for a single title: BattleZone. However, UMD movies are locked by region. Going back to what has been said i agree with Allister Rose here why should we even care we should be happy we are getting it :) and in my opinon people should stop stressing about a release date yet! god it has JUST come out in Japan so a least be a little patient Nomura is most proberly focusing on FF XIII get that out then focus on BBS for the NA/EU Release.

KH Fan Girl

Website
animeluvver.deviantart.com
Hey Everyone i'm new the names Dean/Deano i prefer Deano though ;)

The PSP has no region locking for UMD games, except for a single title: BattleZone. However, UMD movies are locked by region. Going back to what has been said i agree with Allister Rose here why should we even care we should be happy we are getting it :) and in my opinon people should stop stressing about a release date yet! god it has JUST come out in Japan so a least be a little patient Nomura is most proberly focusing on FF XIII get that out then focus on BBS for the NA/EU Release.

Will KH BBS be available for the PSP go? i know everyone is saying its unlikely and that the go sucks, but for me that has never had a PSP but always wanted one, it was no harm for me... but i REALLY want to get KH for it and SONY even confirmed all UMD's will be available to be downloadable from the PSN store... I JUST want to know if it is likely or unlikely

αsiя

space coke
I dont care how long it takes for BBS to come out as long as they make their lips match with the words
What is that call syning
I dont know

wwinterj

I wouldn't mind knowing a release date for the UK but I can wait (I'm used to it with square :p) I'm just thankful there is a lot of good games due out this year with not a long time to wait between realeses to keep me busy while I wait. I am sure they will have Birth by Sleep out within the year everywhere.

LuxordKing

Will KH BBS be available for the PSP go? i know everyone is saying its unlikely and that the go sucks, but for me that has never had a PSP but always wanted one, it was no harm for me... but i REALLY want to get KH for it and SONY even confirmed all UMD's will be available to be downloadable from the PSN store... I JUST want to know if it is likely or unlikely

I think I have a PSPgo and I have no problems with it what so ever.

Reason Being because:
1. Sony in America signed the contract and stated that every game in america after october 1st, 2009 will be available for both UMD and PSN.

2. It has come to my attention Japan never signed that contract to release every game on both UMD and PSN it was all up to the company making the game.

3. People say its to big(i dont think so) I has about the same amount on it as DISSIDIA PSN dissidia was 1.58gb thats roughly the same as BBS, BBS has more though but if the PSN can hold PS3 games then why not PSP.

4. Also if downloaded straight to PSPgo there would be no reason for data install so it wont take up much memory at all.

I have a good theory that it will come out on both systems I have faith Sony will stick to their word and Square will follow through they have games on PSN already so im sure it wouldn't hurt to add more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back