• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This game turned out so much better

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Did KH3 exceed your expectations?

• Yes

Votes: 36 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters

DangerNoodle

Awards
I was pumped for KH3 despite the leaks and final 2 weeks or so of negativity, however, ive played for around 5-6 hours and i can already say that the gameplay and flow of the storyline feel perfect to me. Dare i say it, the full game exceeded my expectations, and turned out as somewhat of a lesson - dont judge before you experience it on your own.

My main fear was that the abundance of Attraction Rides, Keyblade Transformations, Links and “Party Attacks” would make the game either way too flashy or way too easy. I’m playing on proud difficulty and the difficulty seems just about the right amount of challenging for a playthrough without zero exp. Died several times in the third world, even though ive played all KH games apart from Coded and 358/2 Days. The game is much more fun if you choose not to control the
Spoiler Spoiler Show
when not really necessary.

All animations apart from some attraction flow intros are quick and do not take away from the rhythm of the battle.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
is a great keyblade so far out of all you acquire at that point.

Anyhow, im feeling so happy about Kingdom Hearts 3 and would like to know if the game exceeded your expectations just like it did with mine.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It has exceeded my expectations as well. I didn't get spoiled much, but what I did was disappointing. And then so many people have been negative its made me nervous. Now it feels like even if the end of the game is like a complete mess, I still can't imagine saying I didn't enjoy it cuz its super fun. So I feel kinda bad for people who just read the main plot and didn't experience it in order as its meant to be.

The only things that have bugged me so far are Phil not speaking and how small Twilight Town is to the point they cut out the Mansion and the Tower :/ But I took it in stride.

GrumpyRoxy

I'm 8h10m in, still inside Toy Box (just defeated the Doll) and holy sh*t. I couldn't be more thankful that this game exists!
It is not only everything I've ever dreamed off, but it also gives me so much more.

It is imo the best ARPG I've played in my whole life.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
My only complaint is Twilight Town's size so far.

You have to be realistic and consider the size of the Disney worlds to account for Twilight Town's size. Also, Twilight Town is a lore dump world, hence why it's not as large, because it doesn't need to be for the context of this game.

Awards
It’s great so far. There’s definitely a lot of surprises I wasn’t expecting at all.

I just have one criticism

Spoiler Spoiler Show

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
You have to be realistic and consider the size of the Disney worlds to account for Twilight Town's size. Also, Twilight Town is a lore dump world, hence why it's not as large, because it doesn't need to be for the context of this game.

Yeah, people complain about not being able to go into certain locations, but there really isn't any real reason story-wise to be there, so they didn't put them in. Knowing how people are, they would've just complained about the extra space being unused for the plot anyway (and you know it would happen too), so I think it's a good thing they went without it.

Plus, if a smaller Twilight Town means more expansive Disney worlds, I'd take it. Even in KH2, it really only served for story purposes when shit hits the fan and Roxas's week in the beginning. I'd even go as far as to say that Twilight Town is the way it is in KH2 because of Roxas's storyline and you needed the size to paint the picture of "a young teen with his friends enjoying the last of his summer vacation".

Would I love the bigger space? Of course. But I'm more than fine with what we got.

shady543

Awards
From my experience with the game so far, I'm loving it. I do have some let downs but I still love it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

wolfshadow0118

My only disappointment world is 100 acre woods. It takes 10 minutes to beat it, and the reason behind its problem is very lackluster. It's basically kh2s story put into 3 cutscenes.

Axel92

Awards
I'm loving all the "but we just met them recently" and Sora saying "yeah, but it seems so long" referencing the long release period :D

Smithee

Awards
The gameplay and the Disney stuff seem to deliver.

It's the Square stuff that seems divisive.

2 quid is good

Awards
The gameplay and the Disney stuff seem to deliver.

It's the Square stuff that seems divisive.

My feelings on this also, the Square stuff is really really lacking, and to anyone saying "well those worlds/areas don't need to be explorable" well neither do the Disney worlds but look how brilliant they are?

It's a shame

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, people complain about not being able to go into certain locations, but there really isn't any real reason story-wise to be there, so they didn't put them in. Knowing how people are, they would've just complained about the extra space being unused for the plot anyway (and you know it would happen too), so I think it's a good thing they went without it.

Plus, if a smaller Twilight Town means more expansive Disney worlds, I'd take it. Even in KH2, it really only served for story purposes when shit hits the fan and Roxas's week in the beginning. I'd even go as far as to say that Twilight Town is the way it is in KH2 because of Roxas's storyline and you needed the size to paint the picture of "a young teen with his friends enjoying the last of his summer vacation".

Would I love the bigger space? Of course. But I'm more than fine with what we got.

Meh, I really doubt anyone would be upset if the Tower didn't have a scene involved and we could still go to it. Also the mansion does have scenes in it but you still can't go in it. I didn't....hate it. But it felt weird tbh.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm not very far (Toy Box), but I've been smiling the entire time.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The game's around what I expected (a little less in some ways, a little more in others). I think the only area it exceeded expectations was that I was really worried the gameplay would just be too much to take in, but that hasn't been a problem for me.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Really enjoying the game so far. Both for the gameplay and character interaction. Especially the world layouts. It's amazing how much NPCs can make a world feel alive.

SoulXaldin

Awards
I’ve finally managed to download it and by the gods, this game so far is pretty zesty. I love the new mechanics and everything about it, from the Gummi Missions to the new worlds, feels so fresh.

Sadly, I gotta share my PS4 with my little brother, so I won’t be able to play ALL the time. :frown:

Awards
I was afraid they were going to change it like so many of my other series have done (like Zelda with Breath of the Wild). It was a good game. I'm at the Keyblade Graveyard, so I have a tad bit left. I like that it blended all the games together. I love the graphics. What I don't like is there isn't much classic Disney in it, and there's also a ridiculous amount of scenes. It got to the point where I started skipping them because I was getting annoyed it wasn't letting me play.
*scene*
*scene*
*scene*
*game lets you take 5 steps*
*scene*
*scene*
lol

shady543

Awards
Okay one thing that definitely exceeded my expectations was the gummi ship. For once I actually enjoy it aha.

Back