• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► This Book is Full of Spiders - David Wong

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
So David Wongs newest book is finally out, anybody else have it yet? I figure we can read it and have a book discussion here, just make sure to use appropriate spoiler tags, maybe page numbers for reference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: This Thread is Full Of Spiders (Seriously, Dude, Don't Click It)

So David Wongs newest book is finally out, anybody else have it yet? I figure we can read it and have a book discussion here, just make sure to use appropriate spoiler tags, maybe page numbers for reference.
I just got this book yesterday, I'm hoping to sit down and marathon read it like I did the last one. John Dies at the End is one of my absolute favorite books so I'm just really excited for this one. I really want to see the movie, too, it actually looks good. =w=

I've been spreading this book to all of my friends. I really wish it wasn't so obscure still.

Out of curiosity did anyone play the internet scavenger hunt? I did for a while and found some snippets from the book but I ended up giving up pretty early hahaha. The puzzles were hard.

Also maybe you could use this as a JDatE thread as well considering how low on the radar it is, and with the movie coming out eventually in select theaters, blahblahblah. Just a thought. We don't really have a JDatE thread. ene

Last edited:

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
I'll address that one several points!

1) Yes, the movie looks Awesome, I really love the actors they got for it, they seem like they'd fit the roles perfectly.

2) Same here, I've got a group of friends that are like, the Perfect gemographic for the book, the only problem is I've got the kindle version, so I can't just let them borrow it. I'm actually considering buying a copy just to loan people though, it feels like a worthy cause x)

3) I played for a while, found the video store website, and some personal emails, but eventually I gave up, I've never been the type for scavenger hunts xP

4) That's what I figured it'd be, just kind of the overall JDatE thread, I was looking for one last night and I was like "No way, how is this not a thing yet?!"

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'll address that one several points!

1) Yes, the movie looks Awesome, I really love the actors they got for it, they seem like they'd fit the roles perfectly.

2) Same here, I've got a group of friends that are like, the Perfect gemographic for the book, the only problem is I've got the kindle version, so I can't just let them borrow it. I'm actually considering buying a copy just to loan people though, it feels like a worthy cause x)

3) I played for a while, found the video store website, and some personal emails, but eventually I gave up, I've never been the type for scavenger hunts xP

4) That's what I figured it'd be, just kind of the overall JDatE thread, I was looking for one last night and I was like "No way, how is this not a thing yet?!"
Yeah my friends all fit the bill for liking it and most of the people who actually READ have absolutely loved it though there are others who read the first intro, really liked it, and then got distracted due to being lazy bums.

And yeah that's about as far as I got. I got the first chapter then got distracted and didn't follow what people found after that. It was really interesting though linking everything hahaha.

I haven't seen many people talk about JDatE here, and I believe there was a thread waaaay back like maybe in 09ish, but I really don't know anymore. It's still really obscure and is really still a cult-classic.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
That's the part that amazes me, the book is absolutely amazing, obscure, disturbing, perverse, and Sooooo good. I mean, I think if more people read it, it could easily become a best seller. I don't think I've ever read anything like it before that could use that style and genre and still manage to retain a high quality.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That's the part that amazes me, the book is absolutely amazing, obscure, disturbing, perverse, and Sooooo good. I mean, I think if more people read it, it could easily become a best seller. I don't think I've ever read anything like it before that could use that style and genre and still manage to retain a high quality.
I don't know if they want a penis monster book becoming a best seller honestly hahahaha.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No, But I know that I definitely do! How awesome would it be to see that in the window of Borders? Hahaha! >=D
You mean see a Borders in general?

Barnes and Noble DEFINITELY wouldn't like that. They always push anything that's obscure or different away immediately.

I'd seriously love to see this book do well, though, regardless. It really deserves it. Apparently if half of the people who like it on facebook buy Spiders, it'll be a New York Best Seller.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Haha, so, on the first book, what's your favorite part, or quote?

To be honest I can't even remember much but I did like the scene with the almost videogame like stuff with the mall, idk.
Ugh I'm probably going to reread the first again because it has been WAY too long.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Okay so I just started reading it tonight and holy shit this is so great, I wish I had more friends reading this with me. ;A;

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's amazing right! I swear, I've been reading Cracked for a long time, but I had no idea that David Wong was so talented until I read his first book, and this book shows that it wasn't a fluke, the guys genius.

I've read his cracked articles after and loved them, and seeing how much dedication he's put into this book it really shows.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Mhmm, haha, man, I wish I had more people reading this book, but at least I've got Someone to talk about it with! How far have you made it so far? Like, page number wise?

Page 65, John's looking for Franky still.

Edit: foooound hiiiim hahaha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back