• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This annoys me

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

anti-form137

There's most likely another thread about this but I didn't feel like looking for it. Why is it that Sora and his friends never just stop and go "Oh wait, these are all memories and we've actually met these people before." It just kind of bugs me. It's not important or anything, but still.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Because they forgot. As soon as they entered the castle and traveled deeper into it they lost more and more of their memories. It's pretty hard to remembers something that you don't remember happening. Wasn't this explained in the first Cutscene?

Muse

you look atrocious
Because they forgot that they were going through worlds made up of their memories.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Oh, good Lord. You don't look very closely, do you?

First of all, after Traverse Town, they begin to lose their memories. They realize this. They even want it to be quicker, because they are deluded into believing that to do so would cause the true/most important memories to come.

Then, around the ninth or so level, right before DI, we see Donald and Goofy begin to question everything, and then they start to really doubt it, going so far as to tell Sora about their worries.

Sora, being Sora, rushes ahead anyway, not wanting to think of anything but what he feels is correct. This was Naminé. Thoughts of her practically consumed him to the point that he left Donald and Goofy because he didn't want to listen to anything they had to say- he didn't believe they were right.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Pretty much what the others said. Most likely most of their memories that they had were fading or had dropped the moment they stepped in CO, but they were able to salvage most of Traverse Town the way I see it.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Actually, they didn't really.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

It was more a complex situation in which they knew they were going through their Memories - without really being able to recall those Memories, so it was a whole different ball game.

And wasn't a thread JUST like this one? in which I replied something else, oh well XD

anti-form137

Actually, they didn't really.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

It was more a complex situation in which they knew they were going through their Memories - without really being able to recall those Memories, so it was a whole different ball game.

And wasn't a thread JUST like this one? in which I replied something else, oh well XD

Wow someone finally realized that. I'm in Twilight Town now and when I heard them mention that I just laughed on the inside at all of you who called me an idiot.

Zexion94

i think that its stupid that they remember all the traverse town people but no one else

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think it's stupid you said that since it means you kind of missed the entire point in the game. They forget their Memories.
That is to say - it does not mean they forget they're going through them.
They're going through Memories they can't remember, so while it feels "nostalgic" and "familiar" - as opposed to the TLTW Vexen showed them - they're still going through it almost like it was the first time.
Namine took apart their Memories gradually, seeing how had she just took it all apart, we'd get Repliku all over again - on Sora. Marluxia and Namine both confirmed that Sora forgetting everything all at once would be disasterous. It was a gradual process - thus the first world they went into was the one they remembered the most.

Joe_Keybladerz

There's most likely another thread about this but I didn't feel like looking for it. Why is it that Sora and his friends never just stop and go "Oh wait, these are all memories and we've actually met these people before." It just kind of bugs me. It's not important or anything, but still.
Its supposed to bug you, its part of the story, don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back