• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Think'll they'll be nice?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narxus

Do you think when converting the game to english, the designers will be nice enough to convert the "veteran" clips' mouth movements(the clips that didnt originate from 358 that were never before in english(roxas vs riku pt II, roxas and axel on the clock tower, roxas' naming ceremony,etc.)) Oridinarily i wouldn't wondr about this, but since they didn't in re:com, i can't help but wonder if they will with these

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Ummm, probably. I mean, those were in the Japanese version of Days, after all, so I don't see why they wouldn't be in the English version.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
One or two cusses won't kill ya. I actually want to see them man up a little with the series. The Manga does oh so much more...

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
in truth it'd be nice if that did happen just for younger crowds it might not be good thing. (though it would be intersting if Roxas made Xion aquire a less quite nature just to make certain cutscenes with her less heldback, and more of her going along with it, just to make her sorta like Axel, and Roxas when they started to disobey the Orgnization)

Last edited:

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Yeah, I know you're right. I started playing this game when I was like, 9, lol. It's just that the fan-base has grown up alot since then.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Cussing in Japan isn't like cussing here. I'm pretty sure they'll change it for the english language to better fit the American audience.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Most of those scenes are in Days, I think. But it would be nice to see them in English.
As far as lip-syncing goes... I think it's going to be another Re:CoM. Just based on the trailer. But, who knows.

I dont really care what they do, be grateful the game is coming here in the next week.
Week? Try, like, three.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Re: Think they'll be nice?

Lip-synching in KH has always been awful. There's two types: black-hole mouths and tooth mouths. Black-hole mouth lip-synching includes a character opening and shutting their trap like a fish. Tooth mouths include facial expressions and word-matching. Or at least in the Japanese versions. Doubt they'll change anything. Who cares, anyway? Used to be one of those things that annoyed me but it's kind of comedic.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
It's actually coming out in THREE weeks. ^^ September 29th to be exact.
And KH2's lip-synching was good. =) The mouths matched the words most of the time, a definite upgrade from KH1 where the only mouth that moved in time with the words was Riku's. Hopefully, they'll do the same with Days as they did with KH2.
I think with Re:CoM, since it was just a remake, they weren't all the concerned with the minor details of mouth movements. It sounds like they tried to get that game done quickly.

papoufruit

I never really noticed the lip sync at all. I'm always paying attention to the scene rather than how their lips move.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Cussing in Japan isn't like cussing here. I'm pretty sure they'll change it for the english language to better fit the American audience.

Yep. As the person who translated that scene (if you're talking about the subbed videos), I can tell you that it often comes down to personal choice when translating those kinds of words. They're not swearwords excactly, just rude forms of speech, and so there are many ways to express them in English. For example, Riku could have said 'those guys', making 'guys' sound dirty, and it would be the same. But, to me, English swearwords get the feeling across better.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
If it took them as long to localize a DS game as it did a PS2 one, I sure as hell hope that the lips are synced.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Square is pretty okay with their translations from what I've seen. So, for your question, probably. They may need to fix up the lipsyncing for some of the scenes but whatever, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back