• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Things You Love and Hate In KH2.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Just continuing the thread topic. What characteristics did you love/hate from the KH2 and/or its Final Mix? For me its:

Love:
Beast's Castle
Space Paranoids
Roxas's character
Cavern of Remembrance/Puzzle Pieces
Kairi getting a step up (though marginal)
Limit Form

Hate:
Disney Filler World plots
Party members being a downgrade.
Lack of Platforming/Exploration.
Not too much "RPGNESS" in the prologue choices.

Caxinuld

Awards
Love: Roxas, the gameplay and the ending.

Hate: Filler world plots, lack of the platforming and exploration.

Caxinuld

Awards
100% agree with the hate. Anyway quick question did you consider Olympus Coliseum and Port Royal filler like worlds?

On its own, the plot of the world was kind of interesting since it introduced a new character & gave us an organization member to battle, but overall, it didn't really add much. I'd say the plot in KH2 for Port Royal was just an expy of the original movie's plot.

I'd also like to mention that I kind of enjoyed traveling between Atlantica & other worlds to collect spells & other important items, but the minigames were the worst part of it. There should've added underwater combat with the swimming controls in KH2, I would've liked the world a lot more.

Luma

Love : Gameplay, Story , most of the worlds

Hate : Atlantica

And I find I don't really hate this but the lenght of the prolouge , when I already have played through it more times , gets kinda annoying (well in my oppinion)

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Love:Gameplay,Drive Forms,Worlds(except atlantica)

Hate:Atlantica,Lack of Platforming and Exploration.

Aw yes KH2 Atlantica. Always gotta remember to turn the volume down and close the door when playing that level. Sure it's fun but I honestly did prefer the KH1 version even with its hit and miss controls.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Love: Riku and Sora's reunion and the beach scene at the end, Space Paranoids, Disney Castle, the humor (for the most part, the game's funnier than the rest of the series)--which includes Oogie and Hades especially, Beast's Castle, Mickey and Minnie being kickass, Limits, smooth gameplay late-in-the-game, the prologue (although it drags a day too long), the music, Gummi Ship, the 1,000 Heartless visit to RG, the Nobody enemies

Hate: Drive Forms, the awful pacing/story structure, lack of difficulty, bland Org. members, Maleficent becoming a joke, Pete, the Disney worlds and FF characters being irrelevant, nonexistent platforming, the poor world design, boring Disney plots (mostly the ones that try to verbatim replicate the movies), the KH version of Vivi, badass Hollow Bastion transforming into a craptastic Traverse Town, Xemnas, Coliseum tournaments, Lion King and Mulan--two of Disney's best and most easily adaptable films for a game with boss battles/fighting--getting such shoddy worlds (Mermaid, too)

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Love: Riku and Sora's reunion and the beach scene at the end, Space Paranoids, Disney Castle, the humor (for the most part, the game's funnier than the rest of the series)--which includes Oogie and Hades especially, Beast's Castle, Mickey and Minnie being kickass, Limits, smooth gameplay late-in-the-game, the prologue (although it drags a day too long), the music, Gummi Ship, the 1,000 Heartless visit to RG, the Nobody enemies

Hate: Drive Forms, the awful pacing/story structure, lack of difficulty, bland Org. members, Maleficent becoming a joke, Pete, the Disney worlds and FF characters being irrelevant, nonexistent platforming, the poor world design, boring Disney plots (mostly the ones that try to verbatim replicate the movies), the KH version of Vivi, badass Hollow Bastion transforming into a craptastic Traverse Town, Xemnas, Coliseum tournaments, Lion King and Mulan--two of Disney's best and most easily adaptable films for a game with boss battles/fighting--getting such shoddy worlds (Mermaid, too)

I agree with pretty much all of this, the only thing I'd add to love is that I think the art direction and animation and overall graphic style of this game is absolutely fantastic. It was the very best a Kingdom Hearts game could look at the time, and that standard kept it hovering above the graphical limitations of the handheld games. KH2 is very, very beautiful

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I think I love everything about KH2 except for the small story, low character development and the badly implemented disney worlds.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I agree with pretty much all of this, the only thing I'd add to love is that I think the art direction and animation and overall graphic style of this game is absolutely fantastic. It was the very best a Kingdom Hearts game could look at the time, and that standard kept it hovering above the graphical limitations of the handheld games. KH2 is very, very beautiful
Oh, yes, the game is very beautiful.

I think I should also add Saix, Roxas, and Hayner to my "love" list.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Lol I forgot about Maleficent's unfortunate demise in this game. Heck she was arguably more important in CoM and she wasn't even IN that one. But yeah I really agree with your dislikes.

Also at least Cavern of Remembrance did do Hollow Bastion (as well as KH2 in general) some justice though in terms of platforming/exploration. Though it really made it apparent how much platforming/exploration this game was lacking. Kind of like putting a big band-aid over an injury.

Myst Knight

Awards
Like: Sora's New Costume, the Fenrir keyblade. I found it interesting that the Ultima Keyblade is pretty easily obtained, but Fenrir requires you to battle Sephiroth, who is the one opponent in Kingdom Hearts II that's a real challenge. Since Fenrir is so hard-won, I think that adds to its appeal, especially since it has a sleek, powerful design unique among keyblades.

Dislike: Roxa's irrelevance for most of the game. It's kind of odd how Square chose to make the tutorial portion of the game feature a completely different character, whose story gets sent to the backburner once Sora arrives. Roxas goes through the kind of ordeals and angst make most protagonists interesting, while the actual protagonist, Sora, has a fairly easy ride for most of the game.

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Love:

Roxas's arc.

The music. While not my favourite compared to the rest of the series overall, it's still amazing.

The gameplay.

The 1000 Heartless scene.

Hate:

SORA DONALD AND GOOFY SORA DONALD AND GOOFY SORA DONALD AND-

How Roxas is pushed aside for most of the game when he's supposed to be important to the story. I mean the prologue built him up as a really important character but then he's just gone except for a mention of him or two and the last fight with him (which was really cool at least).

Second visits. I prefer visiting a world and being done with it instead of having to visit it again. The fact that it's mostly filler doesn't help.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I must be the only one that liked KH2 Atlantica. I liked it because it was different from the standard hack & slash gameplay of every other world. It felt like a nice break from the combat every time I visited. That's also the reason I like Hundred Acre Wood, because it'a pure minigame world with a nice wholesome story, and also a nice break from standard combat. The only minigame world I don't like is Disney Town in BBS because the music is so ear grating. Plus the raceway controls like shit. It would have benefited from some powerups, ala Mario Kart.

The only things I dislike about KH2 were that the worlds had little to no exploration. Plus there pretty small Each world has between 3 and 7 maps. Twilight Town and TWTNW have around 20 maps each. Aside from the worlds having no reason to be explored, they also feel rather empty and devoid of life, but that's a persistent problem with KH as a whole. The most NPCs in a single map might be during the prologue before and after Struggle matches. Roxas' group + Seifer's group + rule guy + begin match guy + (I might be missing a guy). That's about 10 NPCs. Give us some worlds that feel alive.

The other thing I didn't like was how easy Critical Mode was. Playing the 1.5+2.5 collection in March, I died to Roxas a few times on Normal. Playing the game on Critical for the first time 2 weeks ago, I beat Roxas with ease. Everyone told me that for the whole game I'd have to change up my playstyle, go on defense, spam reflect, dodge, learn boss attack patterns, use strategy, rely on Limit Form for healing, and bunch of other stuff. You can still pretty much mash X throughout Critical Mode. Basically, I wanted Critical to be what everyone described it to me... punishing. I can say one thing for sure, doing a level 1 Critical playthrough sounds like it should be what everyone said normal Critical Mode was going to be.

Veevee

Awards
Love: Drive forms, Saix, Gameplay in general, cool dialogue parts, story, twilight town, Riku's sassyness, cavern of remembrance, Xemnas, the ending, Sora's outfit (hated the KH1 and DDD one)

Hate: Atlantica, Olympus coliseum, most of the Disney worlds, important things get never explained (where did Riku get Kairi's keyblade; why could Maleficent come back by just remembering her; how the heck can you transform beings into data), Maleficent, the pacing (bad as always)

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
important things get never explained (where did Riku get Kairi's keyblade

Kairi's Keyblade: The MoM is able to create Keyblades by pulling them from people's hearts. While not confirmed, Riku presumably created a Keyblade for Kairi by pulling it from his own heart.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I must be the only one that liked KH2 Atlantica. I liked it because it was different from the standard hack & slash gameplay of every other world. It felt like a nice break from the combat every time I visited. That's also the reason I like Hundred Acre Wood, because it'a pure minigame world with a nice wholesome story, and also a nice break from standard combat.

Nah, I feel the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back