• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Things you Like/Disliked about 358/2 days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonsblight

Liked: Getting to know a little bit more about the organization.

Disliked: Having to do pretty much the same missions over and over again. Although i did like the boss battles.

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
Likes: Theatre Mode so you don't have to play through the whole story again. And plenty of gameplay. ( Though they could have put every day in.)
Dilikes: Missions started getting repetitve. In Multiplayer mode your friends could easily glide in and steal the points while doing nothing.

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
I'm half way threw with the game and I have to say the recycled color palettes are annoying as hell( especially fuckin bosses, the hell pure laziness). FF in the main story doesn't do this so frequently. Jesus would kill you to have a smaller roster of enemy's but a better variety of them. Why the hell is shadow breed of heartless(giga shadow) irritating as hell to kill,example. Not to mention some enemy's just had way too much HP. The fact I just realized after chillin and playing it today that I'm playing the damn missions at least 4 times over, to get good weapons each time just makes want quit playing the game. The challenges (some of them) Just down right piss me off. Especially the ones dealing with the Morning star heartless.Many times it's just down to luck. I was about the thread loose to throw my DS at the wall :/. I'm very disappointed that there's no tournament mode. Get rid of the extra mission trailing and give some tournaments and side quests.

But whining aside its worth reading the wit of Saix and Xigbar. The character development was worth it.

Sora=HAXXOR

listen, you'll not find many people who are as crazy about the kh series as me. but thats y i point out its flaws. kh 358/2 days was great, especially considering it was on the ds. but there were definate flaws. the ones i recognized were the camera control, the immense health of the heartless, and the fact that some missions were repetetive. but it was a big new direction for kh and flaws were pretty much unavoidable. but overall, square enix did a great job on story, characters, panel systems, and all kinds of stuff. i give it an 8 out of 10

*~BlackCat~*

~Liked:
*The high quality cutscenes
*overall game play + story

~Disliked:
*the time the COM Orgy XIII recieved in the game
*the camera with autolock messes up the camera
*Neverland bosses (i dont really like attacking when flying)
*heartless with long HP

A

Azrael

~Liked:
*The high quality cutscenes
*overall game play + story

~Disliked:
*the time the COM Orgy XIII recieved in the game
*the camera with autolock messes up the camera
*Neverland bosses (i dont really like attacking when flying)
*heartless with long HP

Liked:

- Difficulty

- FMV quality

- Gameplay

Disliked:

- It still wasn't that hard.

- The high quality in the Xion infested cutscenes made it almost impossible for the dub voices to do a good job.

- Xion

- Lack of time with the CoM members

- Too little development for the majority of the members

The_Savage_Nymph

Graphics, especially during the cutscenes
Panel system
Mission Mode
How easy it is to play
Being Larxene in Mission Mode

Dislikes
Xion - enough said
Amount of enemies' HP bars

HerGuitar

A big YES on graphics - it absolutely blew my mind on how much memory Squeenix could fit on such a small little card.
Especially the cut-scenes - nearly up to par with the PS2!

Erm, I really liked the gameplay except it kind of got reptitive after a while. The same missions over and over - plus the pacing wasn't great, it was basically MISSIONSMISSIONSMISSIONSclipsclipsclipsclips. Though I quite enjoyed the clips towards the end of the game. Kind of like the reward for beating all those bosses, eh?

Oh, and speaking of bosses...HP bar. Like many of you said, it was just plain boring to keep on hitting an enemy over and over that you knew you were going to kill. I remember one boss fight lasted about 20 minutes (Leech Grave). Ugh I still hate that thing. :9

And finally, I loved the Organization plotline. Could've used more CO team members, but it was still worthy. :)

Gram

Banned
Awards

dislikes:
missions get repetitive
ruler of the sky
leechgrave
enemy hp
panel system

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Like:
The panel system
the moogle
How through everything, saix was very calm.
Mission mode/multiplayer mode
The casual weapon panel (a pizza and a ladel! now that's funny)

Dislike:
Not much of marluxia,
In mission mode, when you play as Xemnas, he floats! he doesn't walk! he floats!
How i couldn't seem to get my defense bulked up. :/

It was overall a pretty good game, 9/10.

elveina

Liked:

Panel System - Actually, I pretty much adored the panel system. One of my greatest loves is customization and the panel system gave it to us in heaps. I swear I spent more time tweaking and testing my panels then I did in actual missions.

Backstory on Axel and Roxas - Frankly I think this was REALLY needed. It helped me buy how Axel went from badass assassin in Re:COM to "MUST SAVE ROXAS!1!11!" in KH II.

Story - I liked how instead of epic, the game focused more on day-to-day interactions. It really allowed you to connect with the main characters.

Organization XIII - Yeah, they could have had more emphasis on some, especially the CO members, but still, anything is better than nothing. And Xigbar, Saix and, of course, Axel, got some pretty decent development.

Music - I LOVED the music in this thing. Especially Xion's theme. All the ending cutscenes were made about 50 times more powerful by the amazing score behind them.

Mission Mode - Who DOESN'T want to play as Org. XIII??

Disliked:

HP of certain enemies - This just got ridiculous at times. If you want to up difficulty, improve AI don't just pile on the HP bars. >_<

Story - This isn't really a legit dislike, but man. Can you say DEPRESSING?? Good grief.

Mission Mode - Some characters just stink *coughXEMNAScough* no matter what you do.

Overall, I loved the game. It really surprised me, especially for a DS game.

BondOfFlame

Overall I enjoyed it, although I played it on the hardest difficulty and still didn't have to use much magic. I guess its never really been about the magic eh?

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Zero Gear wasn't worth it outside of Mission Mode.

Loved the story and cutscenes, Xion's addition of course, and a closer look at the attitudes of the members. New music rocked too, especially that boss theme.

LowCaloriePie

Here's a general list I made based on the hour or two I've played of the game.

Dislikes:
- The hub. I was expecting TWTNW to be at my fingertips, and greatly expanded on (since this game is centered around Organization XIII). But all we got was this plain looking lounge that has absolutely nothing in it. Yes, there's slight interaction with other Organization members, but it doesn't make up for the fact that all of then are one-dimensional (They're Nobodies, after all) with the exception of Axel and Xion.

- The mission system. Maybe it;s because I generally don't care for this style of gameplay, but I found the missions very repetitive very quickly. It doesn't help that there's always a clocktower cutscene after every one of these. Yes, I know it's a central point for character development but they could have done it in a less contrived way.

- Lack of polish. The game's camera, and the control scheme altogether, seem rather sloppy to me. I don't know how I would personally make these things better but there have been a few occasions where the game was very awkward to play.

- The stupid grunt characters make whenever they talk. Not that much of a bother, but it gets annoying.

- Cheap enemy A.I. Don't play this game on Proud unless you like chucking your DS at the wall.

- The graphics. They. Look. Phenomenal. Playing through my favorite worlds with N64 quality graphics makes me squeal with glee. Even the character models look amazing, and the the CG cutscenes look remarkable as well (makes you wonder why they looked so bad in Final Fantasy IV).

- Multiplayer. Even though it wasn't online, it was a pretty neat feature. Favorite character thus far is a cross between Axel and Marluxia.

- Music. Shimomura never disappoints, and this game is no exception.

- Roxas' journal. It seems like just a tiny feature but it's nice to get an in-depth look into Roxas' mind and what he thinks about certain events. It's certainly better than him shouting out exposition out loud.

Indifferent:
Panel system. It works well. However, I don't really think it's a substitute for AP and MP. It actually reminded me a lot of the Junction system from Final Fantasy VIII.

Overall story. I'm not far into it but it doesn't seem like anything spectacular. Although I have been wrong before...

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
Panel System
Multiplayer Aspect
Roxas's Story

Dislikes:
That you can hurt each other in multiplayer
That it gets hard to level up after beating the game
That Roxas never went on a single mission with Xemnas or Saix