• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Things you actually miss from past games, and didn't see in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I've thought of more things I've missed.

This one might have been said already, but I miss the walking animations of the main characters in the start menu. I prefer them walking, swimming, or flying endlessly on screen while I open my menu as oppose to them just looking at me, because I can get them to do that with my camera.

I also miss Pete boss fights. What's the point of having Pete in KH3 if I cannot punish him with the Keyblade?

And I miss Xion's hood gimmick. A weird one to mention but I was kinda looking forward to all the characters looking at hooded Xion and to see what they saw first time. Now we can't do it anymore because she no longer wears a hood. KH3 should have gone crazy with the hood as one final hurrah to the gimmick :(

disney233

Awards
I've thought of more things I've missed.

This one might have been said already, but I miss the walking animations of the main characters in the start menu. I prefer them walking, swimming, or flying endlessly on screen while I open my menu as oppose to them just looking at me, because I can get them to do that with my camera.

I also miss Pete boss fights. What's the point of having Pete in KH3 if I cannot punish him with the Keyblade?

And I miss Xion's hood gimmick. A weird one to mention but I was kinda looking forward to all the characters looking at hooded Xion and to see what they saw first time. Now we can't do it anymore because she no longer wears a hood. KH3 should have gone crazy with the hood as one final hurrah to the gimmick :(
In regards to the hood gimmick....eh, I'm not sure if I won't miss it. I guess to me it...kinda symbolizes that Xion's her own person now. Given that...y'know, the group had to spell it out for her, because spelling out for someone stuff is QUITE the running gag in the game.

Also, you miss the Pete boss fights? I'm starting to miss the Disney ones in general. lol Pete's fight just so happens to be my favorite one in KH2. Especially in Timeless River.

But yeah, I miss the massive amount of Disney fights in a numbered game. From my count and as I said this in a thread, KH1 has 23 bosses that are Disney characters (including tournament matches) KH2 has 20/27 bosses that are Disney bosses (rematches & Paradox Cup matches) and how many Disney bosses KH3 has?

6. Literally.....6.

Comparing the other 2 numbered games........yeah it's not much.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
In regards to the hood gimmick....eh, I'm not sure if I won't miss it. I guess to me it...kinda symbolizes that Xion's her own person now. Given that...y'know, the group had to spell it out for her, because spelling out for someone stuff is QUITE the running gag in the game.

Also, you miss the Pete boss fights? I'm starting to miss the Disney ones in general. lol Pete's fight just so happens to be my favorite one in KH2. Especially in Timeless River.

But yeah, I miss the massive amount of Disney fights in a numbered game. From my count and as I said this in a thread, KH1 has 23 bosses that are Disney characters (including tournament matches) KH2 has 20/27 bosses that are Disney bosses (rematches & Paradox Cup matches) and how many Disney bosses KH3 has?

6. Literally.....6.

Comparing the other 2 numbered games........yeah it's not much.
There should have been a moment when she's introduced to the Seekers and all 12 of them see a different person with her hood down. It would have been so insanely weird and crazy and I love weird and crazy. Just imagine what character Luxord would see, or Demyx, or Larxene, or Dark Riku. I wanted this! What's the point of having her hood up if they won't have fun with it XD

And of course I miss Pete battles. They were the best. Nothing beats beating up Pete in Timeless River.

I thought of another thing I missed from a old game that KH3 didn't have enough of. Old man Xehanort's crazy moving arms and fingers. He only did the fingers a few times but not nearly as expressive and as wild as they were in BBS. Just watch that old geezer's hands move in BBS and you'll see how animated and creepy they are. I miss that aspect of Xehanort as it made all his cutscenes very entertaining.

OrionGold

Awards
Playing Kingdom Hearts 1 kinda made me realize that I appreciate Sora as a character more in that installment than the ones after it, at least, to me. In KH1, Sora is a bit melancholic, can hold a grudge (which is evident during his time in Deep Jungle), and literally told Riku he's stupid during Neverland's segment.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I agree, he felt more like a real person there and in CoM. And he was outright bratty in CoM. Although I always saw that as sort of like Alzheimer's, my grandmother had that and when someone is losing their memories, they become very angry very easily because of their confusion. He was annoying at times in KH2, too, but I don't think that was intentional so much as part of how... not bright they made him in that game onwards. Like when he gets mad at the computer in Radiant Garden or when he's pestering Mickey about Riku in Twilight Town.

As far as Pete, the battle at Timeless River is pretty fun, but my favorite battle with him is in re:Coded actually.

Enturax

Awards
- The soundtrack is now orchestrated

I don't know if I like it. I mean, Twilight town music is now more dramatic and soothing for example, but it also seems to me to have less personality than before, just as the new worlds's themes. The music are still pretty great, the use of real instruments makes everything seem really well made, but I missed listening to varied and unique instruments and beats in each world
This. I already had problem when they started playing around with The Other Promise in the HD remasters (though, the Coded one was fitting, I won't lie). Simply put: soundtrack is now foucused more on sounding pretty rather than emotional.

EDIT: Also, I liked the more melancholic/magical vibes of worlds (that being said, they still pulled it off quite well with the Keyblade Graveyard... Too bad that world was small)

Last edited:

horto12485

Awards
There are a Few Things i miss from the Past Games and didn't see in KH3 like...

The MP System from KH1
2D Art
Maleficent and Namine getting Real Roles
Coliseum
Trinity Marks
Drive Orbs that was picked up in Kingdom Hearts II

Back