• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Things about Vanitas never explained...(WARNING: Spoilers ahead)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santuary

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

So, it turned out that Vanitas had connections to Sora; they share the same voice, and

he had Soras face under his helmet, with black hair and yellow eyes

and the reason for that connection was explained

Sora merged his heart with Ventus to make his (Ventus's) heart complete

But several other aspects of Vanitas also hinted that he may have also had a connection to Riku in some way;

• His outfit is simular to Dark Riku's outfit.
  • He has the same battle stance as Riku.
  • His keyblade has that blue eye on it, the same one that can be found on Rikus Soul Eater and Way to the Dawn.

But these where never covered in BBS as far as I could see. Is there really a connection to Riku in there, or are these simularities just coincidence?

EDIT: OH CRAP!! I forgot this goes in the spoiler section!! Can somebody move this for me!?

Key

Exile
Awards
First of all, this should have been posted in the SPOILERS section. it's what it's there for.

On topic, as far as was canonically revealed, Vanitas and Riku only have APPEARANCE-based similarities, but no other connects between the two have been revealed, other than they both wield darkness.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

So, it turned out that Vanitas had connections to Sora, by the fact that he have the same voice, and

he had Soras face under his helmet, with black hair and yellow eyes

and the reason for that connection was explained

Sora merged his heart with Ventus to make his (Ventus's) heart complete

But several other aspects of Vanitas also hinted that he may have also had a connection to Riku in some way;

• His keyblade has that blue eye on it, the same one that can be found on Rikus Soul Eater and Way to the Dawn.

But these where never covered in BBS as far as I could see. Is there really a connection to Riku in there, or are these simularities just coincidence?

Actually, he has the same outfit as Riku because it is actually the dark pawn ceremonial attire. Vanitas took part in a keyblade ceremony with MX to be knighted with keyblade WIELDING abilities for means of darkness. In BBS, MX performs the same ceremony with kid Riku, since Vanitas had no use as an apprentice for him any longer, and MX was also planning to use Riku as an apprentice when he was succesful in taking over Terra's body. That's why Riku could keyblade weild, and why he donned the dark soldier outfit.

Santuary

ok, you really need to move this spoilers section

Yeah, I realised the second I posted it. Can somebody move it please?

In BBS, MX performs the same ceremony with kid Riku, since Vanitas had no use as an apprentice for him any longer, and MX was also planning to use Riku as an apprentice when he was succesful in taking over Terra's body. That's why Riku could keyblade weild, and why he donned the dark soldier outfit.

I was talking about the fact that both there weapons had the blue eye on them, but that pretty much aplies.

Key

Exile
Awards
Actually, he has the same outfit as Riku because it is actually the dark pawn ceremonial attire. Vanitas took part in a keyblade ceremony with MX to be knighted with keyblade WIELDING abilities for means of darkness. In BBS, MX performs the same ceremony with kid Riku, since Vanitas had no use as an apprentice for him any longer, and MX was also planning to use Riku as an apprentice when he was succesful in taking over Terra's body. That's why Riku could keyblade weild, and why he donned the dark soldier outfit.

umm....WHAT? where did you hear this?? I watched the entire game already and read the interviews, this was NOT mentioned anywhere.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

MX never came into contact with Riku. :/

Allister Rose

French Lover

Mx never did such thing.

Mx didn't do anything. terra did the right of passage or whatever to riku, despite having the title of master.

BBS ultimania confirmed it actually.

As for your theory, it's flawed. sora didnt merge with ventus until the end. it was because sora filled the empty part that the darkness was suppose to do. but since the gap sora filled also affected the fractured part (vanitas) it gave him his appearance.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
Mx never did such thing.

Mx didn't do anything. terra did the right of passage or whatever to riku, despite having the title of master.

BBS ultimania confirmed it actually.

As for your theory, it's flawed. sora didnt merge with ventus until the end. it was because sora filled the empty part that the darkness was suppose to do. but since the gap sora filled also affected the fractured part (vanitas) it gave him his appearance.[/quo

You mean the Keyblade ceremony????????

Allister Rose

French Lover
You mean the Keyblade ceremony????????

i'm not so sure if it's the same thing, which one is the one that turns you master, and which one is the one that makes you chosen by the keyblade?

well either way, terra chose riku, not MX

Allister Rose

French Lover
NO it didn't, look again..........................

Q5: Why was Riku chosen as the original wielder of the keyblade?
A: Because he was chosen by Terra to inherit.

To use a keyblade you must have been chosen to inherit as well as been chosen by the keyblade itself. In BbS you could see that Terra performed the ceremony with Riku, and that is why Riku was able to take the keyblade that Sora used.

[picture: Little Riku and Terra]

Terra looks at Riku as he performs the inheritance ceremony.

[picture: Little Riku looks at a door with a keyhole.]

Because he has been chosen to inherit, Riku can see the keyholes of the world.

Key

Exile
Awards
Well, in the Mysteries solved thread posted a while back, it said MX did a keyblade cermony with Riku.....

Wrong.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

It was obviously not Master Xehanort.

Edit: AWWW, Allister, you beat me to it DX

Last edited:

simple awnser

1.All of Riku's Dark powers and choses came from XH and seeing that the Dark Suit comes from his dark powers XH probley shaped it from MX memories
2.Riku didn't have the stance till he came in contact with XH so he got it from him and Vanitas learned it from MX.
3.I think it is to rep the darkness in someones heart.

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
you're suppose to add a slach in between [ and quote]m

anyways, wasn;t the darksuit manifestation of darkness?

i have this theory that vanitas only took that form but is just a walking heart. his keyblade with two blue eyes, i really dont see if it has any connection, terra obtains a keyblade with a blue eye on it too and MX has one too, it's kind of ironic how blue eyes signifies hero or a good person (mostly) and the keylade it appears as it's a keyblade from the realm of darkness or some dark form

you're suppose to add a slach in between [ and quote]

thanks

anyways, wasn;t the darksuit manifestation of darkness?

If it is it is a better explanation that mine. Senice Vanitas is a manifestation of darkness that is why he has the suit and Riku manifested his Darkness to make hs suit

i have this theory that vanitas only took that form but is just a walking heart.

no Vanitas has a body he said so.

Allister Rose

French Lover
thanks

If it is it is a better explanation that mine. Senice Vanitas is a manifestation of darkness that is why he has the suit and Riku manifested his Darkness to make hs suit

no Vanitas has a body he said so.

yeah you're probably right

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
[/LIST]simple awnser

1.All of Riku's Dark powers and choses came from XH and seeing that the Dark Suit comes from his dark powers XH probley shaped it from MX memories
2.Riku didn't have the stance till he came in contact with XH so he got it from him and Vanitas learned it from MX.
3.I think it is to rep the darkness in someones heart.

1.Riku did gain some powers after Xehanort's heartless took over his body, but Riku had the suit before he even came into contact with him

2.No he had the stance before he came into contact with Xehanort's Heartless, but it wasn't as sinister until they did make contact. Also a flashback from Sora in CoM shows Riku doing the stance in plain site.

3.This part could be true. It could be armor manifested from the darkness of the heart, after all, one has to wonder where VAT's armor came from...right?

Last edited:
Z

Zulkir

I still think the suit and stance are both stances used by darkness users in general.

Even MX uses the stance briefly in his battle.

Nomura just did a little mind-playing with his "Riku didn't get his suit out of nowhere" thing.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i think the suit was something born from riku's heart as melificent gave him the ability to control heartless.

the same thing could apply to vanitas but with unverse and not just control them but create them too? idk.

the stance, i say it comes with the suit, and i dont remember riku having that stance in a flashback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back