• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

There's totally gonna be a MoM II/Curtain Call at some point

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So the complete track list (barring 1 or 2 tracks possibly hidden for spoilers) has been revealed & boy is there a lot missing, especially from KH3. While there is the possibility of DLC, KH3 was always gonna be a problematic due to the Switch not being able to run those graphics in real time (as far as we know anyway). Combined with new KH games coming down the line that'll no doubt have new music, & there's plenty of reason for Square to opt for a sequel on better hardware. Either they'll drop the Nintendo platforms altogether for MoM2 or bank on Nintendo launching a stronger system by then.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I could see it being a downloadable expansion rather than a whole new game. But then, of course, no matter what choice they would do they would have to add story to it.

Maybe a proper sequel would come in a few years and be more 0.2, 3, X, and Untitled Game focused.

Katsagu

Awards
I don't get how the current list is the complete list.

Just cuz it went up to 143??

If it isn't, it is very close, why would they advertise the game has "Play over 140 songs" and have it have a lot more? It would be kind of dumb.

I really hope a curtain call does not end up releasing, if they want to add more musics make it DLC.

Also there are KH3 songs on MoM, and they will be on switch, we still need to see how that will be handled, but the way they still haven't shown any KH3 stage makes me worried honestly. From what I've seen (and played) the backgrounds could just as well be pre-rendered that the effect would be the same.

In my mind, if this was going to be problem, I just don't get why release it on Switch at all.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Replaying MoM for the 1st time in a while, & yeah I stand by my belief that this isn't the "complete compendium" Nomura made it out to be. Now that Spoilers are off, I might as well go over the obvious things that can be added.

1. More KH3 songs

Number 1 with a bullet is the lack of KH3 related content. Only a few songs made it into the game with most boss themes missing, the battle themes for Corona/Toybox, the world themes for Monstropolis/San Fransokyo, & both for Arendelle (plus the labyrinth) being the big omissions.

& while it can be pointed out that it would be impossible for such worlds to exist in the Switch version, we have seen locations & character designs specific to KH3 redesigned for Switch. I don't think it's completely unreasonable to recreate the Disney worlds in the same manner as Keyblade Graveyard & Final World. Lord knows the films those worlds are based on have had games on Wii, PS3, & other weaker already & still turned out fine.

2. Port Royale/The Caribbean

Special note has to go to the PotC world, of which both its KH2 & KH3 iterations were left out of the original game. One wonders what happened in dealings with Disney that Square couldn't use this world in MoM despite appearing in KH3 a year before.

3. Tron/Jack Skellington/Prince Phillip/Quorra/Quasimodo/Neku

Speaking of odd absences, some worlds lack their guest party member for whatever reason. (Although I suspect they just straight up forgot Phillip was even in BBS.) Would really like Square & Disney could sort out these hangups & get the MIA Disney elements back.

Now I know what you're thinking, "Neku/Quasimodo/Quorra weren't ever party members" Yep, & it sucked back then too. They totally should be upgraded to guest status at least in this game.

4. Daybreak Town/Wreck it Ralph

So far there's been no Union X/Dark Road tracks, not even from Back Cover I think. With WiR having about 3-4 sub-worlds, each with their own tracks (depending if Grand Central Station is included), there would be at least 10 or so tracks that could added. This would again require the creation of new environments, but it would really be nice to see the WiR sub-worlds in 3D.

5. More Bosses

It's downright baffling how few boss stages are in this game. Either they take a lot more work to implement or they were an afterthought/low priority to the main field stages. But still even then only 4 boss stages just isn't enough (even 0.2 technically had more). If I were to hazard a guess which ones to add:

-Young Xehanort for DDD (L'Impeto Oscuro)
-YX/Ansem/Xemnas for KH3, reusing assets from the earlier stages (Forze Finale)
-Dark Chirithy (Dread of Night)
-Marluxia for Chain of Memories (Lord of the Castle)

Would've also liked more Disney bosses aside from Maleficent, but it may be asking too much. Maybe King Candy to continue the UX representation.

6. Kairi Team

& of course I couldn't very well end this hypothetical DLC/sequel post without the biggest zolephant in the room: Kairi's utter mess of an arc. While it wouldn't make things right with her (that ship has sailed), it would at least make it better if the new training was covered in the DLC & done with instead of dragging it out in the next major game.

Best guess for teammates would be Lea & Pluto. Lea didn't exactly do a whole hell of a lot better with Xemnas shattering his keyblade & all & probably needs more training himself. Lea would differ from Axel by having his keyblade & his new clothes. Pluto is the closest thing Kari has to a Disney companion in KH2 & it'd be nice to see that played up again.

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Best guess for teammates would be Lea & Pluto. Lea didn't exactly do a whole hell of a lot better with Xemnas shattering his keyblade & all & probably needs more training himself. Lea would differ from Axel by having his keyblade & his new clothes. Pluto is the closest thing Kari has to a Disney companion in KH2 & it'd be nice to see that played up again.
This isn't the first time I've seen people want Kairi paired up with Pluto and I can't for the life of me puzzle out why people want Pluto of all characters fighting Heartless and demigod boss characters
Like what's he gonna do
He's a dog, and not even a Goofy dog, just like an actual, kind-of-dumb dog
(And I'm 150% positive Disney would stop that before it even started)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This isn't the first time I've seen people want Kairi paired up with Pluto and I can't for the life of me puzzle out why people want Pluto of all characters fighting Heartless and demigod boss characters
Like what's he gonna do
He's a dog, and not even a Goofy dog, just like an actual, kind-of-dumb dog
(And I'm 150% positive Disney would stop that before it even started)

He wouldn’t have to be a fighter. He could be support like in CoM when you can summon him to find HP balls. Make him give buffs.

And in MOM, just make him cute and quirky...It’s a silly musical game. I think it’s easy enough to suspend any disbelief and just let Pluto bark at Heartless lol

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, I'm not expecting Pluto or Lea to be long term allies for Kairi going forward but for the sake of getting a DLC team out with established characters they'll do.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think Pluto is a good partner for Kairi if there ever was one.... Although I've always said I'd be interested to see her partnered with Minnie and Daisy if they were ever going to force a Kairi game on us. It would be interesting for Mickey to stay at the castle while Minnie went on an adventure for a change. But if Minnie had to sit out 'cuz Disney Castle needs somebody there, then Kairi, Pluto, and Daisy would work, too.

I always disliked Daisy almost as much as Kairi. Perhaps KH could do things that make that character more interesting. TBH, I was never a big fan of most of the core characters, and I'd say KH is the first time I've liked several of them (Minnie, Mickey, Goofy). I always liked Donald. It'd be nice if they could make a version of Daisy that's not crap, too, lol.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I always imagined if Pluto were to be used in combat he could use magic attacks through his collar or something like Donald

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm all for Pluto being Kairi's Disney companion as much as I'm all for a Melody of Memory 2 if not a DLC. I would like all the things MATGSY stated. Give them too me!

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah MATGSY did pretty much nail all the things a DLC or sequel should contain. I really do hope we get another one of these down the road, it was quite a fun game even, if the story content was a bit on sparse.

For Kairi's Team I'd suggest Naminé instead of Lea, seeing he's already in another team as Axel. I could see Naminé using Pearl-like attacks similar to Minnie or use her Sketchbook to attack.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Yeah MATGSY did pretty much nail all the things a DLC or sequel should contain. I really do hope we get another one of these down the road, it was quite a fun game even, if the story content was a bit on sparse.

For Kairi's Team I'd suggest Naminé instead of Lea, seeing he's already in another team as Axel. I could see Naminé using Pearl-like attacks similar to Minnie or use her Sketchbook to attack.
Why not have both attacks? She uses her sketchbook as a pearl light attack, and use her float animation from ReMind just in the old style. As stated by @Oracle Spockanort this is a silly music game, so make her pearl-sketchbook attack the most OP attack in the game XD

Vulpes XIII

Awards
They definitely should add more songs and boss battles in a new game or even DLC as that would be awesome. Although if it’s DLC for Melody of Memory one thing they need to do is fix multiplayer as it’s ridiculous that they didn’t add a option to play with friends online as I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to make some kind of feature where you can just select someone from your friends list to play with after all they could of probably just had something on the multiplayer menu screen that says ” play online match” or ” play with friends”.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

I mean, Sora, Roxas, & Ven are all in teams, don't see the same can't be for Axel & Lea. Other than the series' weird selectiveness over which nobodies count as their own characters.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
7. Fantasia

Oy, I forgot about this one. Its literally a world all about music & its omitted from the music game? Come to think of it, the Atlantica songs from KH2 & It's a Small World from BBS were also left out. Was there a rule against overlapping the rhythm mini-games?

Somnus cealum

Awards
Best guess for teammates would be Lea & Pluto. Lea didn't exactly do a whole hell of a lot better with Xemnas shattering his keyblade & all & probably needs more training himself
UMM IS KEYBLADE IS NOT GONE!! HE STILL HAS IT. it just disappeared like all keys do

They definitely should add more songs and boss battles in a new game or even DLC as that would be awesome. Although if it’s DLC for Melody of Memory one thing they need to do is fix multiplayer as it’s ridiculous that they didn’t add a option to play with friends online as I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to make some kind of feature where you can just select someone from your friends list to play with after all they could of probably just had something on the multiplayer menu screen that says ” play online match” or ” play with friends”.
id love more boss battles and more music tracks and play online with people

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
UMM IS KEYBLADE IS NOT GONE!! HE STILL HAS IT. it just disappeared like all keys do
Yeah, but the way it disappeared was off, we've never seen someone else be able to desummon someone else's keyblade before. The confusion is also futhered by Xemnas explicitly saying "Your Keyblade is no more", but we soon after see him wield it again.

Somnus cealum

Awards
Yeah, but the way it disappeared was off, we've never seen someone else be able to desummon someone else's keyblade before. The confusion is also futhered by Xemnas explicitly saying "Your Keyblade is no more", but we soon after see him wield it again.
xemnas is either dumb or nomura didnt think what he should do next

and i love ur idea of the kh games. i want them lol

Back