• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► There's a problem and help is needed...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Okies, as soon as I thought about posting this up, I start debating. :| So, just so everyone knows, I have no clue if this belongs in Discussion or if it's alright right here. xD; Yeah, a mod doesn't know where something goes! Haha! But, this is something I need help with, and it's something rather strange.

Have you set eyes on a pet in a pet store that makes you fall in love at first sight, so much that you'll start breaking your piggybanks open just to get it? That's what's up with me right now, except there is no piggybanks and there is no pet store. My mom is a vet and she works a vet clinic, where I met a kitten that I fell in love with immediately and I have a feeling that I need to go out and give him a good home. But, there's one problem: my dad. My mom said that if I got this kitten, my dad would leave; that or pitch a fit. I've said that I'll pay for the little guy and my dad can throw all the blame at me. But, there's another problem: adoption costs 85 dollars and he could be adopted VERY soon. I have to go by my allowance, which is 15 dollars per week, so I have 6 weeks to get this kitten; NOT ENOUGH TIME AT ALL.

So, my question for you guys: how do I get enough money for this kitten or convince my mom that I will work hard and do lots of chores, as long as he gets to stay with me? I have this feeling that I need to adopt this kitten; like, he'll get a bad home if I don't adopt him or something. Plus, I sat in a chair all day while my mom worked with this kitten in my lap, so I had him sitting with me for 5 hours. I'm in love with this little guy, more in love than I can even put into words. So, I need help, badly. Anyone willing to give some advice? It's either convince my mom that I'll work hard, or it's start saving up and saving up VERYVERY quickly. Yeah, I need some advice. .-.;;

One last note: this is NOT the kind of love of 'aw they're cute i think i'll take them home!'. No, this is the love where you'll do anything to take good care of them, no matter what. I will stop at NOTHING to take this little guy home with me and I will work incredibly hard to give him a good home.

bladed asassin

wow..thats really cool man... well try to find some work from somone... like if u have aun't or uncle or gramdma or grandpa then asked if they have any work for u... ya know and if u can due more work for your parents then goo for it man... i think what u wanna do is really cool dude... i hope u get the kitten

i totally know what you're going through. i felt that way when i first saw my dog ^^

well, if you want to show you're mom that you'll be responsible enough to take care of the kitten, show her by doing more than you normally do around the house. help clean, unpack any groceries, things like that. that's what i would do.

hope you get your kitten ^^

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
dammit rena, what is it with you and small fonts?

I fell in love with immediately and I have a feeling that I need to go out and give him a good home. But, there's one problem: my dad. My mom said that if I got this kitten, my dad would leave; that or pitch a fit. I've said that I'll pay for the little guy and my dad can throw all the blame at me.
...you have talked to your dad, right?

But, there's another problem: adoption costs 85 dollars and he could be adopted VERY soon. I have to go by my allowance, which is 15 dollars per week, so I have 6 weeks to get this kitten; NOT ENOUGH TIME AT ALL.
So, my question for you guys: how do I get enough money for this kitten or convince my mom that I will work hard and do lots of chores, as long as he gets to stay with me?
is this the kind of love where you beg your friends and go to a pawn shop/ebay?
I have this feeling that I need to adopt this kitten; like, he'll get a bad home if I don't adopt him or something.
...what?

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
violent_anger... you're not helping. :< And I like my small fonts, thank you very much. *hugs small font*

Thankies for the help! ^^ I greatly apperciate it. *huggles* I figured out some way to get some money, though it was kind of like a *headdesk* moment, that won't involve lots of work in a long period of time. I won't say what, but I'll just say that it'll be very helpful and it'll be better than spending all of it on KH books in Japanese. xD;; I also found out that my mom put in his 'chart' that told everyone not to adopt him out. I can't take 6 weeks, but I can't take a very long time to get the money for him.

I'm also very responsible, so no worries there. We have... *cough* A LOT of animals [Not a ton, but a lot] and I definitely have to take care of them sometimes. I also clean the bathrooms everyday, do the dishes, etc. My mom knows I'm responsible enough to take care of him, but I know my dad will freak when he finds out that I'm saving up to buy another cat. Which is why I'm saying NOTHING at all. If I say something... he will REVOLT or do something. [I have no clue about what that would be, though. xD;;]

...I'll shut up about that now. D:

Thanks again for the advice! If anyone had any other advice, then PLEASE tell me.

X Twin_Phoenix X

I know how you feel I am a cat person too. It`s not ur mom you need to convince it `s your dad. I think u should confront him about why he would be so upset over a kitten. I know it may seem scary but if you love this kitten as much as I think u do you will.

Athletics Legend

*The Future Athlete*
Get a part-time job..if possible...

Save up for 6 weeks, thats the only option that might work..also try to convinve your mum and dad at the same time. Good Luck!

Princess of KH

Lucky! I would love to have a kitten, but my dad is not fond of them at all. We even recently found a little kitten ouside our church on the 4 of July, & we took it home to take care of it. Unfortunately, we had to take it to the humane society the next day. & the kitty was adorable! & it was the perfect kitty to have as a pet, but, what dad says is what goes. Good luck w/ the kitty!

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Alrighty, I told my dad... well, in email form, anyways. My mom said I should write an 'argument', with points and such. I said I would take care of him, pay for everything involved with him [From his adoption fee to his health care], and explained how much I wanted him. But, my dad... being him... didn't read the email. He went out and stuff, so I have to wait a LONG while, which is going to seem like a day once he actually reads it and says something. Ick. Dx

If I don't have to pay the adoption fee [My mom has to check, but we got a sick kitten, who we took care of and kept, with no fee. But, this might be a BIT different...], then I can get him by Wednesday. If my dad actually read the email, he could've been coming home tonight... *headdesk*

But, right now, I just have to hope that he doesn't say that oh-so clique "NO. We're NOT getting another cat!"

Thankies for all the advice, you guys. ^^; I'll keep you all updated. And, if I get him, I will come running back with lots and lots of pictures. xD;;

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sankyew, Kat. :< *huggle* I'm going to get him somehow. <__<

Alrighty, update time. D: I sent my dad an email about it [Yadayadayada] and he actually read it last night, but I think he seemed to ignore everything I said from how I would pay for EVERYTHING to how upset I was about him. He said that I could have him if I could think of which other cats to get rid of with a cruelcruel smirk. [And I was tempted to go back and say 'Okies then, WE'LL GET RID OF YOUR CATS THEN! I bet you don't care about them, now do you?']

And now I'm literally fighting to get this little guy, because my dad is selfish and his word is supposedly 'law' in our house. Well, if you don't do anything but sit on your as-- *cough* arse all day, then you have absolutely no right to do say if I can get Max or not. If he says a finalfinalfinal word of 'NO' to this, oh well! I'm getting him anyways, and he can shut up and stop whining. He's such a selfish... jerk... Dx And I want to call him a bad word right now...

AKA: my dad is being a jerk and is basically refusing to let me have Max, but I'm going to fight long and hard for this little guy. If I end up punching my dad in the face, you know why.

I SHALL NOT GIVE UP WITHOUT A GOOD, LONG, HARD FIGHT. D:<

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Actually, I finally figure out that it's the generic reasons... and because my dad doesn't want to take care of him. The only time he even does is when we're out of town, which was in Feburary. :| Yeah, that's often. *COUGH*

And now for good news! 8D This is no complete yes, but it's still really good. xD; My mom talked to my dad on the phone earlier and, after she got off with him... well, she was smiling. I went to her work again today and played with Max for HOURS again, so... yeah. To the point: my dad said that he doesn't want to tell me no, but we already have enough. But, if we both [My mom and myself xD;;] promise to take no more cats home for 5 years or so, then he'll think about it. ...ZOMG YES. I CAN GET MAXY MAX A BED NOW xD;;

...What? .-. I'm keeping you people updated. UPDATED I SAY! But, I seriously want this little guy and you all know that I do and I won't stop fighting until he's sleeping on my bed. D:<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back