• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► There is Darkness within every heart. Now use it.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

My first fan fiction... Enjoy

---

9 years before the keyblade wielder was chosen by the key itself, Hallow Bastion was a place of beauty and prosperity. It was home to Cid, Squall, Yuffie, Aerith, Cloud, Sephiroth and Jade. Though each had their differences, they were were friends, and nothing could take that away from them, except one thing.

Strange sounds were coming from the depths of hallow bastion, where the lord of their world, Ansem spent his time studying all there is to know. At first, the kids just thought Ansem had screwed up another experiment, but they were very wrong. Squall and the girls jumped down the rocks in the rising falls, while Sephiroth and cloud drifted slowlyto the bottom on their ebony wings.

They reached the bottom, and gazed upon small, black creatures. Sephiroth jumped down first, and approached one. One lunged at Squall's face, leaving a thin scratch across his face. He backed off as the black creatures began to surround him.

"Everyone run!" Squall shouted as he struggled back up the rocks. Squall, Aerith, Yuffie, Cid and Jade climbed up the rocks, and Cloud and Sephiroth flew into a bubble that would take them straight to the water way. The five were half way up the falls, and the creatures weren't far behind. Worse came to worse when the ground beneath Jade gave way and she fell to the bottom of the falls.

"No, Jade!" Aerith shouted as she looked down to see jade it the water.

"Shes a gonner. Theres nothing we can do, we need to run Aerith!" Cid grasped Aerith's arm and the four continued up the falls, with deep sorrow for their now lost friends.

Below, Jade was caught by a winged beast similar to the black creatures that had chased her friends and her up the falls. The beats carried her through a dark portal, and soon all she saw was black.

---

Jade woke up in a room that was strange to her. She had never been here before. She looked around. Several machines were working in the room, and making more of those creatures by the second. She tried to get up, but grasped her legs in pain. She must have broken her legs when she fell. She lay helpless on the floor, contemplating over what had just happened.

"They betrayed you" a voice rang through her ears. She glanced up to see a dark figure in a brown cloak.

"Who... are you?" Jade whimpered. "Please don't hurt me"

"All your friends did was watch as you fell to your doom, then merely ran with their own lives" the figure continued to speak, with no regards to what Jade had said. "They didn't care if you were swallowed by the heartless. They didn't care about you."

"Yeah... They didn't care... They did betray me..." Jade gulped as she began totake in what the man said.

"Open your heart to darkness, and you can give those so called friends what they deserve" said the man

Jade nodded "Okay"

Oracle

Jade could feel the darkness creeping through her every vein, and with that, she could sense great power with in her, and she liked it. She looked at the machine that was making all the artificial heartless.

"So they are called heartless" Jade pondered as she examined the machine. "I wish to test my new powers against them, but I shall need a weapon"

Clang THe hooded man threw a katana to her feet. She picked it up and looked it over. The handle was a swirl of blue and black, and near the blade of the katana was a red orb that looked something like an eye. Above the eye, the black and blue designs of the handle turned to solid steel, a thin sharp single edged blade that stretched to about 5ft in length. The sword was a bit heavy for her small demeanor. But she was a mere child, and she would grow to wield the mighty blade effectively.

She looked back at the hooded figure. "So who are you anyway? You don't honestly expect me to follow you without knowing at least your name" She asked again, and this time, she got an answer.

"My name is Ansem" Said the hooded man. "You can go to the chapel to hone your new powers. The heartless will be waiting there"

Jade nodded, and exited the room through a dark portal of her own creation. Beneath Ansem's hood, a grin spread across his face, he now had a new follower who would prove useful in his plans to plunge the universe into darkness.

---

Jade hit the ground with a thud. She must have miscalculated the location of where she was supposed to end up by a few feet. She got up and wiped the dirt off her clothes.

The chapel was a familiar place, but not today. Several shadows littlered the floor, and she was going to defeat them all. She took a few practice swings with her katana, trying to get used to it's weight. These creatures were half her size, she didn't think she'd have much of a problem.

She eyed the closest shadow and ran up and slashed it. It recovered a few feet away, then lunged at Jade. She attempted to dodge, but the heartless still manage to skin her waist with it's claws. The remaining heartless began to attack her, and she swung her blade at everyone. Eventually they were all defeated, but they left her exausted.

"Dang... They are a lot tougher than they look." Suddenly a green haze covered her body, and she felt her fatigue vanish. She turned around to face ansem, and a green heartless.

"That was very good for your first fight with the heartless, but you shouldn't just run in blindly. You should practise with a single shadow ball. Its slightly stronger than the shadows, but it doesn't attack as often and this green requiem will heal you when you are hurt."

"Fine then, bring it on" Jade said, waiting for the shadowball to come.

The shadow ball came. It looked like someone had inflated a regular shadow, and it didn't seem to be aware of anything that was going on.

Jade ran up to the heartless, and swung her sword at the creature, a direct hit. Jade smirked as she prepared for her next attack, but before she could execute the attack, the shadowball began to bounce around in unpredictable directions and it hit Jade square in the gut, sending her flying backwords into the chapel wall.

"Why that little..." Jade mumbled. She looked to where ansem should have been standing, but he had already left. She stood up again and stared the shadowball right in the eye. She charged the heartless, swinging her blade and... "Dark Rave!" Jade seemed to have been shot like a bullet right through the shadow ball, defeating it.

"Hmph. That wasn't too hard." Jade said in Triumph.

Oracle

Is anyone going to read this? Or must I just give up?

---

Nine years had past, and she was now 15. Over the years, she had become a skilled warrior, and she had also gained new dark powers, including Dark Firaga and Mimic. Dark firaga is self explaitory, she simply creates an orb of black fire and throws it at her enemies. Mimic gives her the ability to imitate the appearance, voice and abilities of any living thing, animal, human, or heartless. She also gained the power to shift to Dark Mode.

Jade was in her room, basically just loafing. She had waited nine long years. She could no longer wait to take her revenge upon her former friends. She knew they escaped Hallow Bastion, she had seen them escape on a gummi ship the night after the incident. Where they were now, she had no clue. But she would find them, and them all out one by one.

"You seem to have grown impatient" a feminine voice spoke from the door way. Jade flinched at the sound of the woman.

"Leave me alone, Maleficent! My business doesn't concern you." Jade growled. She hated the witch since she layed eyes on her, and there was no changing that.

"One should take caution in fueling their hatred." Maleficent said, "Or your heart will be overcome by the heartless."

Jade growled again, but didn't say a word. Instead, she merely went through a dark portal and out of the room.

---

Jade reappeared in the depths of hallow bastion, where the heartless were being generated. "Ansem" Jade shouted into the room. No answer. Jade searched the room, poking her nose into absolutely everyplace she could find. Minutes later, she had come face to face with a heartless... A shadow guardian. Jade leapt back in surprise, then prepared to draw her sword, but he heartless didn't attack. It just stood there as if nothing happened. Jade cocked her head sideways. "Err... You're not going to hurt me?"

"He won't do a thing without an order from me" Ansem had come up behind Jade.

"Oh... Okay then. He just surprised me, thats all." Jade said smugly. "I'm going to find where my former friends are at. Don't follow me.". Jade opened yet another portal of darkness and stepped through it.

---

Jade reappeared in a different world, which appeared to be just a tiny island surrounded by nothing but the vast ocean. Trees covered nearly every inch of the center of the island, and the beach sported a small shack and a dock with a few boats. Destiny Islands.

But as Jade scanned the area, she knew something the water was purple, the sky was jet black, and a dark orb hung in the sky, and the heartless were swarming. The heartless had found the keyhole, this world would soon be crushed.

Two boys were standing on an even smaller island that was connected to the main island by a bridge. One had spikey brown hair, and wore mainly red, while the other had shoulder length silver hair and wore mainly yellow and blue. She could sense the darkness in the silver haired boy's heart. It was fresh. Jade snorted. "Looks like he made the right choice. What about his friend?".

The silver haired boy was pulled into darkness, but a sudden flash of light made Jade shield her eyes. Something had entered the spikey haired one's hands. "Keyblade" the words echoed in her mind. How she knew what the sword was, she had no idea. But she could feel the powers of light in the blade. Jade shivered. She hated the feeling. She needed to get rid of it now.

She used mimic to change into a shadow, then crawled toward the keyblade wielder. She lunged, but soon found herself being thrown back by the keyblade. Dang.... Jade knew from that one attack that she wouldn't be able to defeat the boy on her own, so she escaped to a small cave in the middle of the island. Inside the cave, she found a young, red headed girl, hiding in the rocks. She approached the girl, but when she got to close, she got to close, the girl punched her.

"Go away, Monster!" The girl shouted angerily at Jade.

"What? All I did was walk up to you and you punch me in the face! How dare you!" Jade lunged at the girl, and thats all it took. The girl's body fell flat on the ground, and a light lifted away from her body. Just then, the spikey haired boy had run into the cave, and saw the light, that was now reflecting the girl's actual appearance.

The girl looked pained as she spoke but a single word. "Sora".

"Kairi!" Sora said back as he broke into a run, but the door at the back of the cave sprung open, and a ferocious wind blew Kairi right into him, and she vanished, then both Sora and Jade were sent flying out of the cave.

Once they were out, the entire island had been cleared of just about everything, leaving only the island itself and the endless purple sea.

It didn't take long for both Sora and Jade to catch sight of a giant heartless, a Darkside. Jade stood as far away from the heartless as possible, while Sora charged blindly at it, swinging his sword.

The battle didn't last too long, the wind had turned into a massive updraft that carried Jade, Sora and the Darkside into the orb of darkness. After that, everything went black.

Oracle

Here we go again...

---

"Urgh..."

Jade mumbled, as everything around her seemed to swirl before her eyes. Blinking to regain her vision, she stood up and looked around. She was ontop of a large white building, the Gizmo Shop of Traverse town. She had never been here before. Nor did she really care. That world, Destiny Islands. It was gone and she had escaped in time. Sora had escaped to, and she could only have guessed that he had also made it to this world.

In human form, she jumped from building to building, to the first district. Sora wasn't there, but two other beings had caught her attention. A dog and a duck. Goofy and Donald. She had heard much from Ansem about Mickey, the king of a distant world and fighter against darkness. Jade could reconize these two as the king's most trusted subjects. But they didn't concern her. She knew what she was after and it wasn't them.

Jade continued leaping across buildings until she was over a long alley way. Sure enough, there was Sora, still out of it from what had happened earlier. It wasn't Sora himself that intrigued her though, it was the Keyblade. The weapon had just appeared out of nowhere for Sora, and not only that, the thing had seriously weakened the Darkside at Destiny islands, and the heartless were nearly immune to common weapons.

Jade backed up as she saw Sora getting up. She eyed him as he walked down the alleyway, right into a pack of heartless. Once again, the keyblade had prevailed. Jade sneered, but froze in place when a voice from nearby called out.

"They'll come at you out of no where"

Oracle

Sora... is actually a bit unimportant... She just follows him around since he has a knack in finding the final fantasy crew

Oracle

Not too proud of this... Oh well.

----

An older man turned the corner to stare directly at Sora. Jade's eyes glared from above, the name Squall echoing through her mind. Jade giggled slightly at herself. Now who knew after being tossed into some random world that I'd find Squall so easily. She jumped over to the top of the Accessory shop and watched from there.

Squall demanded the keyblade, but Sora refused. This resulted in a fight, that Jade just watched from the sidelines. She wasn't going to just jump in right then, because she knew that Sora would most likely attack her and she wasn't stupid enough to take on two guys at once when all she wanted was one.

It wasn't long until the fight was decided, but surprisingly, Sora had managed to get Squall to fall to his knees, but in turn, Sora had collapsed as well. Jade was about to jump down, but immediately stopped herself at the sound of yet another familiar voice.

"Don't you think you went a bit hard on him?" Yuffie turned the same corner as Squall had done to meet Sora.

Squall frowned. "He put up a good fight, but he'll need to improve his skills if he hopes to survive the heartless.

The two continued on, before picking up Sora and taking him through to the second district.

Oracle

Thanks! ^^

----

"Damn" Jade mumbled as she looked down at the entrance to the second district. "Got away..."

"First sign of insanity, talking to yourself" Said the one voice that Jade rather not of heard at the moment.

"Take a hike Maleficent! I never asked you to come!" Jade spat at the witch, with every bit of anger she could muster.

"My Jade, I feel so insulted. I merely came looking for you after lord Ansem sensed that the world you had gone to collapsed." Maleficent eyebrows had darted up, but turned into a look of sly contempt as she continued "I was worried about you".

"I seriously doubt that, witch. Now leave before I turn you into lunchmeat for the heartless." Jade said threateningly, but it didn't even phase the witch, she merely turned her back and vanished.

Jade took in an exaggerated breath, and concentrated for a moment. Next second, she was a heartless. A soldier. She jumped down onto the ground, and went through the door in pursuit of Squall and Yuffie.

Oracle

A few shadows greeted her upon her entrance into the second district. Shame their usual greeting was to completely ignore you while they look for more victims. Jade made a left turn down the side of the area, to the Hotel. She could smell them. Squall, Yuffie, and the third she supposed to be Sora's, though she had yet to register his scent. The darkness in their hearts were small doses, but the scent is still strong to her while she is a heartless.

She entered the Hotel, ignoring the random murmurings of the person beyond the counter. She stopped at the room marked as the green room, and she put her ear to it (well, side of her head anyways...) She could hear the three talking to eachother... About the keyblade.

"We had to take the keyblade away from you, thats how they were tracking you" said Leon

"Why are they coming after me? I didn't ask for it" said Sora

"The keyblade chooses its master, and it chose you" said Yuffie

Jade continued to listen in through the entire conversation, until a third party opened a separate door to the green room, from where she was. It was Aerith. Jade didn't despise her as much as the others, at least she had reconized the fact that she had fallen back at Hollow Bastion.

Jade could wait no longer. She had heard enough and she was going to take them all out now. She teleported into the room, along with an actual soldier to come to her aid. The three immediately put up their guard, and Leon told Yuffie to run into the other room.

Leon and Sora jumped out the window and Jade followed them through and into the alleyway. The chase was on. More and more heartless appeared to attack Leon and Sora, and the two fought off them as best they could, and Jade waited patiently from the sidelines.

The two were able to fight off most of the heartless, but the numbers were overwhelming for them and the heartless easily separated them, making Sora go right, and Leon left. Jade let Sora get away, and she followed Leon over a pile of boxes back into the first district.

Oracle

Thanks for the comments guys! And heres yet another part! ^^

---

Still in the form of a heartless, Jade glared at Leon, and Leon turned around to look at her. For Leon, it seemed odd, that out of the many heartless that were struggling, and failing to jump over the pile of boxes, only one was able to jump over it. He knew heartless were powerful in numbers, and weak alone, but he became suspicious of Jade. He knew something obviously wasn't right here.

Leon blinked and Jade had changed back into her human self. Leon leaped back in surprise, now more focus than ever on her. "Who are you?"

Jade growled, more enraged than ever. "Its been nine years Squall! Nine years since you let me fall into the hands of the heartless. Nine years since you didn't even try to save me! You left me for the heartless, and I will never forgive you!"

Leon didn't move. He had pushed away all his memories from hollow bastion to the point he couldn't quite bring them back right away. He thought for a moment, but couldn't remember by the time Jade gave him a hint that did clue him in.

Jade changed into her 6 year old self, the only difference was that her childish smile was replaced by hatred and resentment.

"Jade..." Leon finally said, taking a step back.

"You finally remember Squall" Jade said, advancing on Leon. "Now you shall pay for everything you put me through!" Jade charged at Leon with all her 6 year old might, her katana unsheathed and ready to slice through it's target. Leon jumped back, but was to late. Jade sliced the side of his leg, and blood poored from the wound as Leon fell on his good leg.

Leon breathed heavily. "Jade, please. There was nothing we could do. We were just kids, and there were thousands of them. We would have helped you if we could, but-"

"Stop it with the excuses. You didn't even bother to try. So why should I listen to your stupid lies!" Jade went to attack Leon again, but tripped when the voice of another called out from the accessory shop.

"What the hell is going on out here? Your scaring away business faster than the heartless are!" Cid turned the corner and stared at the two, first at Leon, than at Jade. "Jade? That you?"

Jade jumped up on to her feet, and shifted back to her 15 year old self and fled to the roof tops and back into the second district.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back