• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: Yozora and The Nameless Star parallel Sora and Riku in Dream Drop Distance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
The theory is that Yozora and the Nameless Star parallel Sora and Riku in Dream Drop Distance (DDD).

Before the Sora and Yozora fight, Yozora says, "I accidently wandered into this place, and went through some trial. Then was told to "save Sora."". These words are almost exactly Riku's plot from DDD.

Riku doesn't wander into Shibuya like Yozora does, but he wanders into Traverse Town where he meets The World Ends With You (TWEWY) characters who are from Shibuya.

He then goes through the Mark of Mastery (MoM) which could easily be compared to a "trial". So easily in fact that Master Yen Sid even says it himself, "more trial than test" about Sora and Riku's MoM.

Lastly, Yen Sid tells Riku to wake Sora, who fell into a coma after he was almost turned into a Xehanort vessel, with his newly gained ability to use the power of waking (PoW). Essentially, Yen Sid tells Riku to "save Sora".

One of the goals of the MoM was to obtain the PoW which is why Riku was able to use it on Sora. About the power of waking, Young Xehanort says that it's for "traversing hearts to reach worlds". This aligns with what happens when Riku uses the PoW on Sora. Sora's station of awakening (his heart) appears and Riku then appears in a dream version of Destiny Islands. He traversed a heart to reach a world. Yozora does the exact same thing. He points his crossbow at Sora, then Sora's station of awakening appears from underneath them, then Shibuya materializes around them. Yozora has the PoW.

This all seems to suggest that Yozora went on a similar adventure as Riku in DDD. Where Yozora would've particitpated in a mark of mastery or some sort of equivalent (he doesn't have a keyblade after all) and as a result gains the PoW. Yozora's mark of mastery could also have involved dream hopping like in DDD because you see Yozora waking up after fighting Sora suggesting that his encounter with Sora happened in a dream. Further evidence is that Yozora even says that it's not the real world.

Now onto the Nameless Star (NS). Sora asks NS, "whose heart are you?" where she then replies, "No one's anymore. They took my name--everything about me". She says this happened to her "Only because [her heart] pines for another."

In DDD, to lure Sora into Xehanort's trap to turn him into a vessel, Sora is shown images of his friends, the stow aways in his heart, and the people connected to them. Namely: Namine, Xion,Roxas, Ventus, Terra, Aqua, Kairi, and Riku. The reason he followed these images of his friends? Sora says, "my heart was aching." Sora's heart pined for another just like NS.

Being transformed into a vessel could very well be described as having one's name and everything about them taken.

So, that's the theory. Yozora and NS have an adventure similar to Riku and Sora's in DDD, but with a catch. Where Sora doesn't become a vessel, NS likely did.

Here's a link to an image version of my theory

Last edited:

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I like looking at things through new angles. This part of your theory sounds pretty cool:
About the power of waking, Young Xehanort says that it's for "traversing hearts to reach worlds". This aligns with what happens when Riku uses the PoW on Sora. Sora's station of awakening (his heart) appears and Riku then appears in a dream version of Destiny Islands.
Yozora does this exact thing. He points his crossbow at Sora, then Sora's station of awakening appears from underneath them, then Shibuya materializes around them.

What I like about this is that it raises the question, has Yozora ever been to the Shibuya where Sora is or did he just locate Sora (caught a glimpse of where he was) when activating the power because Shibuya appeared around Sora's heart?

Awards
I like looking at things through new angles. This part of your theory sounds pretty cool:

What I like about this is that it raises the question, has Yozora ever been to the Shibuya where Sora is or did he just locate Sora (caught a glimpse of where he was) when activating the power because Shibuya appeared around Sora's heart?

I always thought that it was Yozora that brought Sora to Shibuya (Yozora mentions that Shibuya is where he had his trials) because Sora has never been to Shibuya prior to then, but now that I think of it Sora also has been to Shibuya! In Toy story world, Young Xehanort throws Sora into the Verum Rex videogame. So, it might've been either Sora or Yozora that caused them to go to Shibuya when Yozora was using the power of waking.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Such a convincing theory! This is kind of a wake-up call to pay attention to the visuals and subtext of a series of scenes rather than following the dialogue alone.

It also reiterates how the TWEWY cast is somewhere in this equation, but yet to be seen.

Thank you and welcome!

okhi12

Awards
Now onto the Nameless Star (NS). Sora asks NS, "whose heart are you?" where she then replies, "No one's anymore. They took my name--everything about me". She says this happened to her "Only because [her heart] pines for another."
I don't think she meant it happened to her because her heart pines for another, but rather that she still exists and ended up in The Final World because her heart pines for another. The dialogues of the other stars in The Final World strongly imply that they are the remains of people who left something behind or had unfinished business when they died and thus can't leave for good because they haven't peace of mind.

D

Deleted member 252753

I like your theory but Okhi makes a good point. I personally would have guessed that Yozora was the one possibly made into a vessel as the NS tells Sora that 'his heart has been replaced with another's'.

Awards
I don't think she meant it happened to her because her heart pines for another, but rather that she still exists and ended up in The Final World because her heart pines for another. The dialogues of the other stars in The Final World strongly imply that they are the remains of people who left something behind or had unfinished business when they died and thus can't leave for good because they haven't peace of mind.

Here's more of the conversation

NS: No one's anymore. They took my name--everything about me
Sora: No Way. They couldn't have taken away your heart
NS: Only because it pines for another

I guess I should've included the whole thing because it makes it more clear that "[her heart] pining for another" was the reason "they" were able to "take [her] name--everything about [her]"

I don't disagree with the other stuff you said, but whole quote attributes the "heart pining" as being the reason she ended up there. The reason she stays in the final world, I agree with what you said.

Awards
I like your theory but Okhi makes a good point. I personally would have guessed that Yozora was the one possibly made into a vessel as the NS tells Sora that 'his heart has been replaced with another's'.

Actually I have another theory about this. I originally posted it to reddit (This DDD parallel theory was also originally posted there). I'll just copy and paste it here. I'll eventually rewrite it a little make it a post on it's own. I'll also probably post my other theories here as well.

The premise is this: Yozora’s heart was transferred (like Luxu and Terranort) into the Riku lookalike body that we see in Verum Rex, Yozora secret ending, and Remind and is currently in control. And the name of the original owner of the body is Latin for Sword

First to prove the Yozora heart transfer.

In Remind, Yozora says, “this isn’t what I really look like”
Yozora says straight up that he doesn’t actually look like what he appears

In Remind, Yozora says, “how did you recognize me as Yozora?”
Yozora is surprised not that Sora knows he is, but that he knows that his name is Yozora implying that others don’t generally know this and that he’s going by some other name.

The Nameless Star says, “He’s been changed beyond recognition—his heart replaced with another’s.”
The “He” that the nameless star is referring to is Yozora, or at least the Riku lookalike body we know as Yozora, and she says outright that there was a heart transfer.

Second, what makes me think that the name of the Riku lookalike body and the heart that originally owned it is Latin for Sword? In a cut cutscene, Rex not only mistakes Sora for Yozora, but also mistakes Donald and Goofy as Magia and Aegis, implying that those are the names of the two other male characters in the Verum Rex trailer. In latin, Magia means magic, and Aegis means shield. So why do I believe that the Riku lookalike body is named Sword in latin? At the start of KH1 you are to choose between a shield, a staff (to represent magic), and a sword. Magia and Aegis stand for the staff and shield which leaves the sword. Google translate gives us a few options as to the translation of Sword: Gladio, Gladius, Ferrum, Ensis, Mucro, Telum, Harpe, and Machaera. It’s probably either one of these or some variation of one of these

okhi12

Awards
Here's more of the conversation

NS: No one's anymore. They took my name--everything about me
Sora: No Way. They couldn't have taken away your heart
NS: Only because it pines for another

I guess I should've included the whole thing because it makes it more clear that "[her heart] pining for another" was the reason "they" were able to "take [her] name--everything about [her]"

I don't disagree with the other stuff you said, but whole quote attributes the "heart pining" as being the reason she ended up there. The reason she stays in the final world, I agree with what you said.
She said that in response to what Sora said, meaning the reason they couldn't take her heart is that it pines for another and that's why she's there.

I understand it as her heart pining being a good thing because that allows her to cling to existence, not that it's the cause of her misfortune.

I guess you understand it the other way around because of what Sora said. The thing about conditional verbs is that sometimes they're a bit tricky and have different interpretations...
Sora saying 'They couldn't have taken away your heart' can be interpreted as:
1) Sora wondering how it's even possible that her heart was stolen, thus implying it was stolen like the rest of her identity.
2) Sora being optimistic was trying to cheer her up and reinforce that she's still herself saying that there's no way her heart could be taken away, implying it actually wasn't.

I think we are supposed to interpret it as 2) because the stars are the form hearts take in TFW so she's a heart, just like Namine's star and the unvoiced ones, and also because it matches Sora's personality better.

Awards
Yozora could be sharing the body with its rightful owner. That'd explain his heterochromia. Though unlike the Terranort and Sora-Ventus stuff, both parties are conscious of everything and may even take turns controlling the body.

I wouldn't say that Nameless Star misunderstood things or flat-out lied though. Perhaps Yozora and "Sword" started out that way, but then learned to cooperate at some point, any point, after Nameless Star's death.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Yozora could be sharing the body with its rightful owner. That'd explain his heterochromia. Though unlike the Terranort and Sora-Ventus stuff, both parties are conscious of everything and may even take turns controlling the body.

What I don't understand is if the Yozora we see is not his real body then why does he wake up looking the same after the secret battle?

Back