• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: Xemnas is the cloaked figure in the Melody of Memory trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
“You’re the one who keeps messing with my fate. If it weren’t for what you’ve done, then Sora and everyone would be safe. Even if you’re not really here and this is just a memory or illusion… I won’t let you walk away!”

These are the words said by Kairi in the Melody of Memory trailer presumably to the cloaked figure. This cloaked figure would have to fit the criteria of 1) being someone who messed with Kairi’s fate, 2) could be reasonably be mistaken for a memory or illusion, 3) could plausibly be in the final world, and 4) Kairi has to know the person. There’s only 1 possible candidate that I can think of that fits all of these: Xehanort.

If it’s Xehanort, he easily fits criteria 1). As apprentice Xehanort, he presumably experimented on Kairi and was the reason she ended up on Destiny Islands. Although Xehanort dies in KH3, there might actually be a part of him still left. That part being Xemnas. By the time he is recompleted into Xehanort in KH2, he had grown a heart of his very own. We know that he has one because of two reasons. Firstly, he wouldn’t have been able to time travel without one. Secondly, after he loses to Sora in KH3, Sora says that he knows that Xemnas has a heart. Xemnas also talks about having feelings which is only possible if he has a heart. This means that when Master Xehanort is recompleted Xemnas’s heart is now unaccounted for. The precedence of Roxas and Namine would suggest that after being recompleted Xemnas resided in Xehanort’s heart until Xehanort’s death. And if he’s anything like Namine when Kairi was destroyed by the heartless, after no longer having a heart to reside in, Xemnas would also go to the final world as a heart like Namine. That checks criteria 2) as being just a heart and somehow being still alive would reasonably lead anyone to think that he is some sort of memory or illusion. That checks 3) as precedence suggests the final world is a plausible place that a heart could end up. And 4) checks out because he knows Xemnas and lumping him together with every version of Xehnort and all of there actions is reasonable.

For the sake of argument let’s consider the Master of Masters as he checks most of the criteria. The Master of Masters is some sort of mastermind who’s messing with everyone’s fate. That checks criteria 1). We don’t know what The Master of Masters even is as we never see what he really looks like, so in that way, it’s possible that he could be a “memory or illusion” like Kairi describes the cloaked figure to be. Criteria 2), check. Being the Master of Masters and his mysterious ways, it’s also plausible that he could be in the final world. That’s criteria 3), check. The issue with this idea is that Kairi doesn’t know who he is and would therefore not know the he’s been messing with people’s fate. Criteria 4), not check. So probably not him.

LoneFox

Awards
Some questions:
  1. Did Xehanort really mess with anyone's fate? Wasn't he just following his own fate/destiny as it was in the Book? Did he even believe that changing anything is possible?
  2. Why would any aspect of Xehanort end up in the Final World after Sora defeated him at the end of KH3? What unfinished business does he have that would be important enough to prevent his heart from joining Kingdom Hearts?
  3. Does Kairi really need to know the guy personally? Wouldn't it be enough if she sees how he has been manipulating things in the background since the beginning of the series or something like that?
To me it seems clear that this guy is working to implement one of the plans, and what Kairi says about it sounds much more like it's MoM's plan rather than Brain's. He doesn't need to be MoM himself, but is definitely working for him.

Awards
Some questions:
  1. Did Xehanort really mess with anyone's fate? Wasn't he just following his own fate/destiny as it was in the Book? Did he even believe that changing anything is possible?
  2. Why would any aspect of Xehanort end up in the Final World after Sora defeated him at the end of KH3? What unfinished business does he have that would be important enough to prevent his heart from joining Kingdom Hearts?
  3. Does Kairi really need to know the guy personally? Wouldn't it be enough if she sees how he has been manipulating things in the background since the beginning of the series or something like that?
To me it seems clear that this guy is working to implement one of the plans, and what Kairi says about it sounds much more like it's MoM's plan rather than Brain's. He doesn't need to be MoM himself, but is definitely working for him.

1. Whether or not all of this was fated to happen, it doesn't really matter. Xehanort did those things. This is what Kairi says and this is what she thinks.
  2. The only aspect that can end up in the final world would be Xemnas's heart. Xehanort's body and heart aren't a possibility because he died. One possible option for unfinished business would be with Kairi. She still has missing memories and Xemnas would have answers for her. He has all of aprentice Xehanort's memories, after all. Another possible reason for unfinished business is pretty simple, he wants to live. Wasn't that the his whole story in KH2? He wanted a heart so that he could exist.
  3. This is a good point. We don't see the whole conversation and it's possible that this person is someone Kairi doesn't know. Most of what Kairi says would work also work if it is revealed to her that this person is manipulating things in the background. However, Kairi does say "memory or illusion", and it would make the most sense if it were someone she'd already met and believed to no longer be alive (i.e. Xemnas) because then she could confuse it to be a memory or an illusion. If it were someone brand new she hasn't met before, why would she question whether this was a memory or an illusion. Kairi doesn't know it, but as far as we know, the final world doesn't facilitate showing people memories or illusions.
So, yeah. If you remove Criteria 4), then it's entirely plausible that the cloaked figure is Master of Masters or someone working for him, and although I posed a counter argument here in point 3. I do concede that it is still possible for Kairi not to know this person. And if my theory that it's Xemnas isn't convincing enough, than Kairi's words do seem to read the way you've interpretted it like so many others. Very good points, thanks.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
“You’re the one who keeps messing with my fate. If it weren’t for what you’ve done, then Sora and everyone would be safe. Even if you’re not really here and this is just a memory or illusion… I won’t let you walk away!”

These are the words said by Kairi in the Melody of Memory trailer presumably to the cloaked figure. This cloaked figure would have to fit the criteria of 1) being someone who messed with Kairi’s fate, 2) could be reasonably be mistaken for a memory or illusion, 3) could plausibly be in the final world, and 4) Kairi has to know the person. There’s only 1 possible candidate that I can think of that fits all of these: Xehanort.

If it’s Xehanort, he easily fits criteria 1). As apprentice Xehanort, he presumably experimented on Kairi and was the reason she ended up on Destiny Islands. Although Xehanort dies in KH3, there might actually be a part of him still left. That part being Xemnas. By the time he is recompleted into Xehanort in KH2, he had grown a heart of his very own. We know that he has one because of two reasons. Firstly, he wouldn’t have been able to time travel without one. Secondly, after he loses to Sora in KH3, Sora says that he knows that Xemnas has a heart. Xemnas also talks about having feelings which is only possible if he has a heart. This means that when Master Xehanort is recompleted Xemnas’s heart is now unaccounted for. The precedence of Roxas and Namine would suggest that after being recompleted Xemnas resided in Xehanort’s heart until Xehanort’s death. And if he’s anything like Namine when Kairi was destroyed by the heartless, after no longer having a heart to reside in, Xemnas would also go to the final world as a heart like Namine. That checks criteria 2) as being just a heart and somehow being still alive would reasonably lead anyone to think that he is some sort of memory or illusion. That checks 3) as precedence suggests the final world is a plausible place that a heart could end up. And 4) checks out because he knows Xemnas and lumping him together with every version of Xehnort and all of there actions is reasonable.

For the sake of argument let’s consider the Master of Masters as he checks most of the criteria. The Master of Masters is some sort of mastermind who’s messing with everyone’s fate. That checks criteria 1). We don’t know what The Master of Masters even is as we never see what he really looks like, so in that way, it’s possible that he could be a “memory or illusion” like Kairi describes the cloaked figure to be. Criteria 2), check. Being the Master of Masters and his mysterious ways, it’s also plausible that he could be in the final world. That’s criteria 3), check. The issue with this idea is that Kairi doesn’t know who he is and would therefore not know the he’s been messing with people’s fate. Criteria 4), not check. So probably not him.
My personal theory is that Master Xehanort was aware that something special happens when Sora and Kairi are together. The visual in the intro video of KH3 alludes to that as well (when their pieces are together). I feel like Master Xehanort intentionally tried to keep them apart, which would at least give some deeper meaning to her always being on Destiny Islands or never around.

The key word in Kairi's statement is "fate". How does Kairi know what her fate is? Did she know that she was going to die? Is there something else that was supposed to happen at the Keyblade Graveyard? Since that scene appears to be at the end of MoM, it's possible that Kairi's memories have been fully restored and this person is someone that we don't know, but she does (maybe the Master of Masters).

astertide

Awards
It could be Terra-Xehanort. I mean, Melody of Memory focuses on Kairi as a child, right?
I don't really know why it could be MoM other than the acronym, really .-.

Also, I think Kairi says the "even if you are just a memory or an illusion" line because she's actually asleep and dreaming all of this. I'm not saying that it's fake, I'm saying that it's a dream... A real dream... Like the dreams Riku have been having.

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

astertide

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited by a moderator:

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
Why? Xemnas' time is over. His story ended off as best as it could be. There's no need to bring him back just for pointless fanservice unless you just want him thrown to the side like Roxas, Namine and Xion who all came back and are pretty much on the bench now.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I feel very weird about people discussing the identity of a figure in a game that's already out in certain regions of the world... You're asking for trouble kids!!!!

Awards
I feel very weird about people discussing the identity of a figure in a game that's already out in certain regions of the world... You're asking for trouble kids!!!!

Check the date the thread was created. This theory was written before the game came out. Then read the thread. We know. You're the one looking dumb here, kid.

Last edited:
Awards
You're dropping spoilers without using spoiler tags, dumbwit. Look at the giant banner up top for spoiler policies.

TBH, I didn't even see that until you pointed it out. it's not at the top of https://www.khinsider.com/forums/index.php. And I got into this thread straight from clicking on the alert and it immediately takes you to the bottom of the thread, so I didn't see it. Are you a mod or something? 'Cause if you are, it needs to be at the top of https://www.khinsider.com/forums/index.php and in a more noticeable color than what it is.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Back