• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: Why SKULD is the replacement & Brain's trap (SPOILERS)

• Thread starter Deleted member 252753
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

yuyayuzu

Awards
The similarities between her and Ava have been called out on several occasions in the game by a few different characters. Skuld doesn't really have anything else going for her at the moment, I guess that's why they found it worth mentioning.
But I think If they think it is worth mentioning, it means that it is not a trivial matter as it is supposed to be.

yuyayuzu

Awards
Hm just me reading too much into it then lol. I'm curious to see how this whole thing turns out with them all getting shot through time.

You both bring up a couple of thoughts. Aren't the foretellers using codenames given by the MoM and not their actual birth names? That could mean Skuld is Ava afterall and used magic to change her appearance and voice. To go even further with that thought, Skuld/Ava could very well be using the projection magic to appear as Darkness too. Since Ava is supposed to symbolize Greed, I could see her going far enough to kill Stelitzia for the BoP and manipulate the new union leaders to hinder MoM's plans.

Now that about voice, Does Skuld appear in the back cover at all? I know Ephemera do but I don't remember about Skuld being in it

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Now that about voice, Does Skuld appear in the back cover at all? I know Ephemera do but I don't remember about Skuld being in it
Yeah, she didn't appear in Back Cover. It's only the Masters/Foretellers and Ephemer.

yuyayuzu

Awards
I
Yeah, she didn't appear in Back Cover. It's only the Masters/Foretellers and Ephemer.
I wonder if that is because they have to use the same actor making her suspicious or because she is not that relevant but ephemer part also not that important at the moment. Well, I know that it may simply because they are lazy doing thinga for female characters beside foretellers at that moment

D

Deleted member 252753

But I think If they think it is worth mentioning, it means that it is not a trivial matter as it is supposed to be.
I agree, especially as the first time the similarity is mentioned (I think) is by Gula, just before he reveals what's written on the lost page to Skuld and Player. It's been noted that the words of the page, presented alongside Ava and Luxu's conversation, seem to point to Ava. Hence it's interesting that Skuld has just been compared to her, even if the link between them is just in their psychology, sort of like @Ink Ribbon suggests with the Greed idea.

Skuld being Ava or working with her does seem a little tricky though, as her giving Brain the note and also confirming to him that the leaders weren't supposed to meet beforehand would seem strange. If she wanted to replace Strelitzia, she wouldn't even need to give Brain a note; she could be framing Ven but then it's odd to suggest the leaders weren't meant to meet, implicating herself and not Ven.

Foxycian

Awards
Not that relevant to your topic but My only problem with the fans before is... when they kept claiming that Skuld has amber eyes and that she is evil, but like are people color blind? her eyes are clearly light brown, just look at pence and hayner they too have the same light brown eye color...

“either way I like your theory it’s really neat”

yuyayuzu

Awards
I agree, especially as the first time the similarity is mentioned (I think) is by Gula, just before he reveals what's written on the lost page to Skuld and Player. It's been noted that the words of the page, presented alongside Ava and Luxu's conversation, seem to point to Ava. Hence it's interesting that Skuld has just been compared to her, even if the link between them is just in their psychology, sort of like @Ink Ribbon suggests with the Greed idea.

Skuld being Ava or working with her does seem a little tricky though, as her giving Brain the note and also confirming to him that the leaders weren't supposed to meet beforehand would seem strange. If she wanted to replace Strelitzia, she wouldn't even need to give Brain a note; she could be framing Ven but then it's odd to suggest the leaders weren't meant to meet, implicating herself and not Ven.

Well, I also there will be lots of things that will turn strange if Skuld is Ava but I can think of some possibilites:
1. Her intention is not to replace Strelitizia or get the book of prophecies but just to cause chaos and confident that Brain will find out there is a fake leader. She maybe want to cause chaos to summon Kingdom Hearts. Though the one who proposes to summon Kingdom Hearts is Gula, she find it there is no other way maybe
2. Strelitzia is struck down by other person which is not her and she takes the chance to replace her. Yeah, Brain suggested that it cannot be that way but she was near the scene at the time
Just my thought

D

Deleted member 252753

Well, I also there will be lots of things that will turn strange if Skuld is Ava but I can think of some possibilites:
1. Her intention is not to replace Strelitizia or get the book of prophecies but just to cause chaos and confident that Brain will find out there is a fake leader. She maybe want to cause chaos to summon Kingdom Hearts. Though the one who proposes to summon Kingdom Hearts is Gula, she find it there is no other way maybe
2. Strelitzia is struck down by other person which is not her and she takes the chance to replace her. Yeah, Brain suggested that it cannot be that way but she was near the scene at the time
Just my thought
I could see Ava changing her mind about things after talking to Luxu, in particular she could want to summon Kingdom Hearts to talk to the MoM, like Gula wanted. But another problem with Ava being Skuld is that, while Ava is confronting Luxu, Skuld is out looking for Ava herself, which is why she goes to speak to Gula. Plus, in their one scene together, Ava and Skuld seem independent of each other, with Skuld questioning Ava about Ephemer. If one's a copy and it's a ruse it's a complex ruse.

D

Deleted member 252753

Thinking about it, Skuld seeking answers and a way t stop the war from Ava when meeting Gula is odd in itself. We know Strelitzia was murdered shortly after that conversation. So right before the murder, Skuld wanted to ask Ava for a way to avert the war and answer her questions. We know that Ava explained (or at least discussed) the war to Ephemer, Brain, and Strelitzia when she gave them the rulebook.

So it would seem that Skuld has not been made a union leader before Strelitzia's murder. Otherwise, she would have already had the chance to talk with Ava about the war in detail. She could be keeping it a secret but it makes her actions hard to explain, and trying to avert the Keyblade War sounds like something a chosen Union Leader shouldn't be doing so it's still suspicious.

It may be that Ava made Skuld a leader after this but I 'feel' Brain suggested it's unlikely in the last update:

Brain: Strelitzia was last seen before the bell tolled to signal the start of the Keyblade War. Despite hesitating over whether to even join the Dandelions herself, she became desperate to invite Player. It’s likely that she was appointed by Lady Ava to be a Union Leader, and thus found out about the Keyblade War. If Lady Ava was recasting these roles on such short notice, she would have told someone. At the very least, she would have told me, the one she entrusted with the Book of Prophecies in order to change our destinies.

He seems to think the leaders were appointed before the bell tolled, which happened while Skuld was speaking with Gula. Alternately, Ava was just in a rush when making Skuld a leader so they didn't talk so much. That doesn't seem satisfactory to me. I do see that Nomura might not have had this chronology in mind when writing that scene in X and I could be overthinking it but I thought it was worth adding.

D

Deleted member 252753

A little bit about the Darkness and Skuld. I think that the character of Darkness was actually foreshadowed by Ephemer early on after the worldline hop:

Ephemera: Also, I feel a darkness in this world that's unlike the darkness of the old world.

Chirithy: Huh?

Ephemera: Its true nature is more complex than the darkness from before, so I still don't quite have a handle on it, but I feel a large… intent.

The description seems a good fit to me, and what is also interesting is that Skuld is annoyed with Ephemer for telling Chirithy about it. She says it's because it will make Chirithy anxious but there could be another reason for her not wanting him to talk about this darkness. And then when Ephemer says he senses darkness in connection with 'this Union Cross business', Skuld reminds him that 'its initiation is law' and she is keen to follow the rules, as shown in the next scene (and then Shift Pride is mentioned and Skuld decides following the rules isn't so important after all)

Foxycian

Awards
A little bit about the Darkness and Skuld. I think that the character of Darkness was actually foreshadowed by Ephemer early on after the worldline hop:

The description seems a good fit to me, and what is also interesting is that Skuld is annoyed with Ephemer for telling Chirithy about it. She says it's because it will make Chirithy anxious but there could be another reason for her not wanting him to talk about this darkness. And then when Ephemer says he senses darkness in connection with 'this Union Cross business', Skuld reminds him that 'its initiation is law' and she is keen to follow the rules, as shown in the next scene (and then Shift Pride is mentioned and Skuld decides following the rules isn't so important after all)
If she turned evil then that would be a great plot twist, but then again she is one of my favorites so I hope she doesn’t.

D

Deleted member 252753

If she turned evil then that would be a great plot twist, but then again she is one of my favorites so I hope she doesn’t.
Well, if I am right about her being the killer, the morality of things will get confusing, as I don't get the impression that Skuld is cold-hearted and evil, in some ways the opposite. She hates the unions competing with each other to gather Lux and people turning their Keyblades against each other which seems morally good but it goes against the MoM's rules.

I could maybe see Skuld being taken over by Darkness being like Buzz in Toybox. Buzz isn't taken over because he has evil, selfish thoughts but because of his separation from Andy and his own self-doubt and indeed his fear of being taken over and attacking his friends.

Back