• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: What's in the box?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Fittingly, this idea came to me between dreams and reality.

So bear with me, this theory is just as convoluted as the kh plot so far.

What if inside the box is Young Sora, where he fell into a dream state. I'd say the dream state was triggered by Ventus going to sleep as well. Their hearts are connected, after all.

This would mean that the entire series we've played so far except for BBS and Chi exist merely in Sora's dreams. And somehow, Sora's dreams affect reality, so all the events have actually happened, it just wasn't him that lived through them personally.

Which leads me to the identity of MoM. What if he's also actually Sora, who did the same thing Xehanort did to go back in time to protect himself. This would also explain why he'd be able to write the book of prophecies, because he personally lived through everything.

This brings a new meaning to Sora talking with Chirithy in that scene of the trailers: once everything finishes, Chirithy 'wakes him up', and then he goes back to the past to make sure stuff turns out right.

This is probably nonsense but I kinda like it.

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
Well MoM can write the book of prophecy because his eye resides in the keyblade he gave to luxu to pass down through his apprentices finally getting to MX thats how he can see the time line so far

Awards
Yeah but if you think about it, that was an uncharacteristically straight answer from him. He's obfuscated every other answer asked of him, and that sounded more like a joke answer to me, just to get a reaction from poor Luxu. I think it's more believable to say he lied about that.

Senzura

Banned
I think its pretty obvious that The MoM's heart is inside the box.

1: Normura said an "observant viewer" could tell whats inside. This would point to the inscription on the box. Pride, or "Superbia", is the only unused sin, pretty clearly implying this is the master's name.

2: Luxu's reaction to the MoM telling him whats in the box. He says "Why?", not "What"?, implying its something familiar, yet something you wouldn't normally put in a box.

3: The Darkness told Maleficent that there is a way to travel into future and what it was. Then, in KH3, shes looking for the Black Box. This to me implies that the way to "travel" to the future is essentially Futurama style, by shoving your heart into this Black Box then coming out when you're ready to party. It's quite possible that the MoM wants to survive past the second keyblade war, and this is his way of doing it.

EDIT: Guess we were all wrong

Last edited:

rodx

I think if on the final battle at Scala ad Caelum, Luxu appears and use it as a deus ex machina to lock Xehanort final form inside it,and ends going back to the past with it in order to Master of Masters use him on some form so this plot can continue on Union X .

So if is MoM (Superbia) Heart inside it,maybe Xehanort ends locked inside him,making possible to turn back in time .

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I’m thinking a ripped out page from the Book of Prophecies. Maybe MoM is trying to hide the real truth.

wolfshadow0118

I think its pretty obvious that The MoM's heart is inside the box.

1: Normura said an "observant viewer" could tell whats inside. This would point to the inscription on the box. Pride, or "Superbia", is the only unused sin, pretty clearly implying this is the master's name.

2: Luxu's reaction to the MoM telling him whats in the box. He says "Why?", not "What"?, implying its something familiar, yet something you wouldn't normally put in a box.

3: The Darkness told Maleficent that there is a way to travel into future and what it was. Then, in KH3, shes looking for the Black Box. This to me implies that the way to "travel" to the future is essentially Futurama style, by shoving your heart into this Black Box then coming out when you're ready to party. It's quite possible that the MoM wants to survive past the second keyblade war, and this is his way of doing it.

EDIT: Guess we were all wrong

What do you mean we were wrong?

Back