• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: Ultima Keyblade/ Keyblade Armor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

meep2meep

Awards
One of the gameplay elements I've noticed that has been neglected to be discussed is the presence of item synth. I don't doubt that it will be present in the game in some shape or another, also being the only way to obtain Ultima. Thinking about Sora's keyblade transformations and what they'll do with Ultima, it kinda dawned on me that using Ultima's transformation Sora can finally gain his keyblade armor. Personally, I think it would be kinda pointless to give Sora keyblade armor as a plot device, as all the other weilders would need keyblade armor as well. Not that it isn't a possibility, I just don't see why anyone would need it plot wise anymore (as they travel using gummi ships).
Anyways, my theory is that when Sora uses Ultima's first transformation it could give him the keyblade armor and an attack style similar to Terra's Lingering Will. Then when Sora activates the second form it unlocks Sora's keyblade glider in whatever form they design. We've already seen gameplay where Sora rides on a vehicle during the buzz and woody rocket and I imagine that the game system to use a keyblade glider is already in place. We havent seen a third transformation level for a keyblade but if the Osaka team is making it similar to the style changes to BBS, I don't see why certain keyblades wouldn't have a 3rd form (well 4th but yeah basic form not counting as a tranformation even though it technically is a keyblade transformation). So while in 3rd form Ultima basically just lets Sora use a gundam mech, 100000X stronger than the gigas. (So I have no idea what they would use for a 3rd form if they do, but gundam is always the most op choice lol).
Also has anyone thought about the transformations for Oathkeeper/ Oblivion?!?!?!?!

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh wow, it just dawned to me as well thanks to you.

I never gave the recurring Keyblades much though, but with how important they are now, it deserve some. Frankly in his video Bizkitz was saying that seen how important they are it's possible there could be fewer Keyblades overall, also due to how unconvenient switching between them might be (but they could solve this by giving you a "deck" of Keyblades to use).
I dunno, for the first time I'm a little worried old glories like Oathkeeper and Oblivion might not even be in the game. Giving all of them new combos, unique transformations, and unique spells is a lot.

I am really curious about Ultima now though, more than ever.
Could KH III be the hidden saviour and finally make it canon as Sora's ultimate keyblade?

meep2meep

Awards
Frankly in his video Bizkitz was saying that seen how important they are it's possible there could be fewer Keyblades overall, also due to how unconvenient switching between them might be (but they could solve this by giving you a "deck" of Keyblades to use).
I think I'm skeptical on seeing less keyblades overall. There probably won't be as many as there were in 2 (each world will still get its own), but they keyblade and unlocking new ones is part of the foundation that makes up kingdom hearts and seeing as the rest of the foundation hasn't changed I don't forsee this being a possibility. Also, if you can equip 3 keyblades at the same time and switch between that gives alot of room. Plus lets look at how many keyblades we've actually seen: Kingdom, toy-story, monsters, tangled, herc, Sora's star keyblade and the unseen big hero 6 keyblade. Thats 8 keyblades already and this is pre-launch. I doubt they'd show almost all of the keyblades before launch, seems kinda cheap.
OMG I would be heart-broken if oblivion and oathkeeper don't return. They're almost as recognizable as the kingdom key! Oathkeeper does have deep story lore tied to it, so it would be such a waste for it to not show up in the finale of the series. However, the last time we saw oathkeeper and oblivion was in the DDD intro soooo yeah

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I wonder if Keyblade Armor will return at all, tbh. It has been stated before that Keyblade Armor was what was previously used prior to the black coats in order to shield people from the darkness during travel between worlds (if they didn't have a gummi ship). Given that the heroes use gummi ships and Xehanort uses the black coat, there's not really much canonical explanation for Keyblade Armor returning again. The only thing that would make sense is if it's a late-game surprise for the final clash against Xehanort for "added protection" or something.

One of my wishes for the Ultima Weapon is that it follows something set up by the Ultima Weapon from KH2. In that game, the Ultima Weapon's blade was shaped like a roman numeral II, and then decorated in Ultima fashion. I wonder if the KH3 Ultima Weapon will somehow incorporate the roman numeral III into it's design as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back