• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Theory] The Re:Coded & Chi Connection

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak1403

So I had this thought a few days ago, but now with the confirmation that the secret ending of 2.5's Re:Coded will link to Chi I find it much more possible.

This theory explores the connections between Re:Coded and Chi and how this titles lead to the main story of KHIII.
The basis of this theory is that the Foretellers are an important plot feature of III's story. Many have theorised that they will play some larger role in this saga's finale. Although there have been many theories on how they would nicely tie into the story I don't think I've read anywhere giving any idea to how these beings from the past could possibly exist within the present time.

Of course one would assume time travel would be the way in which this would occur but under the laws that govern it, it's a bit of a complicated mess. Not saying that it couldn't work but it just seems too farfetched.

So I believe that time travel will have NO part in the foretellers appearance within III. So the question still remains as to how they will be present. And this is where the connection to re:Coded comes into play. The main plot of Re:Coded is exploring data or the datascape of worlds created from the journal, a book. Although the information inside the journal was lost it is explained that the memories of the events that occurred can never be erased.

So when we examine what we know about Chi the connection begins to develop. Chi's story is based on a fairytale that occurs within, that's right, a book. This books tells the legends of the Keyblade wielders and of course the foretellers.

The connection = the datascape.

You may recall in DDD when Young Xehanort explains time travel and his past to Sora. Well during the Traverse Town scene YX states that Sora has been to this place many times. His first journey, in memories, in the datascape, and in his dreams. Straight forward enough right? Yet what is odd is that YX mentions the datascape. But how would he of all people have knowledge of such a place? We only know the origins of the datascape in which Mickey and Co. created. But what if there were more than one? What if the Xehanorts were able to, by some means, create their own datascape from the pages of the Foretellers legend? It seems obviously plausible.

Re:Coded shows us that humans not of the Datascape have the ability to enter it - Mickey and Co. + Pete and Maleficent. Yet it never answered the question if being native to it could leave. If so what is stopping the Xehanorts from creating their own datascape of the Foretellers legend and bringing those beings into the present. All legend is rooted in truth and as we know the memories of events never fade. It would be the perfect way for Xehanort to gain the upper hand in the on coming new Keyblade war, without the need for sketchy time travel.

Thus the Chi scenes present in Re:Coded could connect the datascape to the entire plot. I always felt that it lacked development and integration into the series. We know Maleficent and Pete see value in the datascape but why? Their short screen in DDD only reinforced the fact that that is their present main goal. Are they still working with Xehanort? Unlikely, but I can't help but feel it's more important than we think.

Last edited:

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
This would make Re:coded so much more important than it already is. I would be completely game for this to happen. I mean, Maleficent's presence in DDD was practically a throw away so this would help.

Not to mention it could tie into the data inside of Sora from Ansem we have yet to explore.

Gram

Banned
Awards
An interesting theory. I could easily see Xehanort having come across a journal of the foretellers in his travels. The fact he know so much about taboo topics like the Xblade and kingdom hearts has always seemed strange to me and this could explain why.

Whether data or even some sort of magical journal of similar nature to the datascape I'd like to see this happen.

Zak1403

I going to bump this thred up. With the new Maleficent and Pete scene in Re:Coded it gives more fact to this theory. What do you think Maleficent will actually do when/or if she gets her hands on the data? Is she only after worlds to conquer or will she finally have some deeper plan, of at least some relevance to the story.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
In the The Grid in DDD, Xemnas tells Sora that Ansem the Wise came across this program or something and then created Space Paranoids from that. So YX knows about data worlds because of that, I mean he was there in one in DDD after all.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Xehanort could have gotten information about Data-Sora's adventure through Maleficent. Just as Maleficent probably learned about the Foreteller's Script from Xehanort.

She namedrops Xehanort in DDD and is very purposefully vague about her relationship with him. So I think they're in cahoots.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Yes, but that doesn't tell us how he knew about the existence of Data Sora.
Yeah I suppose.
Xehanort could have gotten information about Data-Sora's adventure through Maleficent. Just as Maleficent probably learned about the Foreteller's Script from Xehanort.

She namedrops Xehanort in DDD and is very purposefully vague about her relationship with him. So I think they're in cahoots.

I think that Maleficent will end up being apart of this, she was in BBS. The only reason that we have to think that she would't be is perhaps because of the scenes in KH2, which made her seem like she was against Xemnas.

axel95

Awards
I think that Maleficent will end up being apart of this, she was in BBS. The only reason that we have to think that she would't be is perhaps because of the scenes in KH2, which made her seem like she was against Xemnas.
But seeing how much Master Xehanort planned ahead, I wouldn't be shocked if he either saw that coming or planned it from the start.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
But seeing how much Master Xehanort planned ahead, I wouldn't be shocked if he either saw that coming or planned it from the start.
i agree im not shocked since he knows what's gone happen but im still confused about since he know everything gone happen then how come he lost to terra did he know LS well beat him no he didnt

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I think you're close to being right and they sound plausible. Jiminy's Journal is meant to be recording events from the past and how chi opens up from a fairytale book could probably also assume that data could be extracted from that book; very important data such as the foreteller's script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back