• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: The Magic Mirror reflects Aqua's inner feelings

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AurisFlown

Awards
I wonder if its possible that the Magic Mirror, when it was infused with darkness by the witch's potion mix, Aqua gets near the mirror, possibly the realm of darkness taints the Magic Mirror once more, which then sucks Aqua into the mirror world, which she then tries to escape the mirror thru puzzles which then turns into a boss fight in the end.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I wonder if its possible that the Magic Mirror, when it was infused with darkness by the witch's potion mix, Aqua gets near the mirror, possibly the realm of darkness taints the Magic Mirror once more, which then sucks Aqua into the mirror world, which she then tries to escape the mirror thru puzzles which then turns into a boss fight in the end.

I don't think that the real Magic Mirror has got anything to do with this, rather, key Disney characters in Castle of Dreams, Enchanted Dominion and Dwarf Woodlands are substituted with figments of Aqua's memories, fears and interpretations.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Lol I just noticed that Aqua even fights herself! I think the fight might represent her inner conflict

Muke

whatever
Awards
I know this will sound really weird, but... I just really want Aqua to suffer. I can't even explain why.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I know this will sound really weird, but... I just really want Aqua to suffer. I can't even explain why.

Because it gives her the character development she lacked in BBS why doing nothing much but hunting down her idiot friends who only got themselves into trouble? :p

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Lol I just noticed that Aqua even fights herself! I think the fight might represent her inner conflict

Yeah, she is literally fighting herself as a boss and I think it`s pretty cool. You can see Aqua blocking at least six of the orbs that mirror!Aqua shoots at one point. I like how she is using the same attacks, since I think Aqua shoots an orb of light as her combo finisher in her Magical Wish command style. I also love they way the mirror!Aqua`s vanish. It`s a bit hard to see, but they dissolve into little magical particles and it looks pretty cool: https://67.media.tumblr.com/47f61259f2b0af91f20aadcf982f486e/tumblr_odj5uqzIsX1u6iiuxo4_500.gif

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Yeah, she is literally fighting herself as a boss and I think it`s pretty cool. You can see Aqua blocking at least six of the orbs that mirror!Aqua shoots at one point. I like how she is using the same attacks, since I think Aqua shoots an orb of light as her combo finisher in her Magical Wish command style. I also love they way the mirror!Aqua`s vanish. It`s a bit hard to see, but they dissolve into little magical particles and it looks pretty cool: https://67.media.tumblr.com/47f61259f2b0af91f20aadcf982f486e/tumblr_odj5uqzIsX1u6iiuxo4_500.gif

That barrier looks so friggin amazing. ;_;

Muke

whatever
Awards
So, I slowed down the trailer a bit, and Mirror!Aqua says 'is there any way I could have saved him?', most likely referring to Terra.
I think we might be onto something. =D

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
So, I slowed down the trailer a bit, and Mirror!Aqua says 'is there any way I could have saved him?', most likely referring to Terra.

Yeah I was pretty sure it speaks out some nasty thoughts inside Aqua's head. I wish we could understand everything >:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

She says that? Very interesting. I guess since she saw the illusion/repeating memory of Terra earlier maybe she started to think about him and a chain of thoughts lead Aqua to these thoughts and doubts. Or the mirror is just saying things Aqua has been thinking all this time. I guess it could also refer to Ventus, since Aqua might thinks his fate was caused because of her failures.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
You can kinda hear it if you slow the trailer to 0.5 speed. She only whispers it though so you gotta pay attention.
I wonder who she's referring to, but I think she could even be referring to Ventus in that glass thing and maybe she wasn't able to save him there and thought it was really him.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
You can kinda hear it if you slow the trailer to 0.5 speed. She only whispers it though so you gotta pay attention.
I wonder who she's referring to, but I think she could even be referring to Ventus in that glass thing and maybe she wasn't able to save him there and thought it was really him.

Yeah, after slowing it down that I heard it too. I watched the Japanese trailer again after that and if I am not hearing wrong, the mirror!Aqua says "Terra".

*looks at avatar* *sees yellow eyes*

Nooooo, you did not. D:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
This is gonna sound goofy, but I think I might have finally understood one thing.

I was playing Aqua' story on lv 1 and as I got to Snow White's world, I was reminded that Aqua sees her in the glass coffin surrounded with flowers. You see, at to this point I have had one idea about the "not even memories are safe from the darkness" line. Some certain event has happened in a world, the darkness manipulates that event/memory in some way. Now that I was reminded that it was Aqua who saw Snow White in the coffin, maybe it's Aqua's personal memory that gets manipulated and twisted by the darkness. Aqua in reality saw Snow White as she was going trough the Dwarf Woodlands and now as she goes that place trough again, the darkness twist it to seems like that Ven is in that coffin.

It is the same case with Terra. You guys pointed out that Aqua and Terra met at the staircase when they were in the Castle of Dreams, so Terra manifests to that place from her own memory as an illusion. Maybe Aqua has realized that the darkness is playing tricks with her memories since she says that she is doing it again and the already mentioned memory line.

Probably something similar is going on with the mirror. It probably does reflect Aqua's inner fears, but once again the RoD possibly twists her memory, and the spirit of the mirror is transformed into mirror!Aqua. Mirror!Aqua uses a similar surround your foe with clones and shoot type of attack than the spirit of the mirror does, now only a bit modified with Aqua's attacks.

A long rambling about a topic that has already been talked about, but I was so glad that I am maybe finally grasping whats going on to a degree.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
This is gonna sound goofy, but I think I might have finally understood one thing.

I was playing Aqua' story on lv 1 and as I got to Snow White's world, I was reminded that Aqua sees her in the glass coffin surrounded with flowers. You see, at to this point I have had one idea about the "not even memories are safe from the darkness" line. Some certain event has happened in a world, the darkness manipulates that event/memory in some way. Now that I was reminded that it was Aqua who saw Snow White in the coffin, maybe it's Aqua's personal memory that gets manipulated and twisted by the darkness. Aqua in reality saw Snow White as she was going trough the Dwarf Woodlands and now as she goes that place trough again, the darkness twist it to seems like that Ven is in that coffin.

It is the same case with Terra. You guys pointed out that Aqua and Terra met at the staircase when they were in the Castle of Dreams, so Terra manifests to that place from her own memory as an illusion. Maybe Aqua has realized that the darkness is playing tricks with her memories since she says that she is doing it again and the already mentioned memory line.

Probably something similar is going on with the mirror. It probably does reflect Aqua's inner fears, but once again the RoD possibly twists her memory, and the spirit of the mirror is transformed into mirror!Aqua. Mirror!Aqua uses a similar surround your foe with clones and shoot type of attack than the spirit of the mirror does, now only a bit modified with Aqua's attacks.

A long rambling about a topic that has already been talked about, but I was so glad that I am maybe finally grasping whats going on to a degree.

Yeah, I think that's basically the idea of it.
I think, the concept of "not even memories are safe from the darkness" is supposed to express that darkness is able to play mind games with your head on a level where you can't tell right from wrong anymore. It's a dangerous force and it makes even more sense when Aqua says it because we shouldn't forget: We as well as the characters outside of the BBS cast understand the concept of darkness not being evil, but just powerful and dangerous. But Aqua doesn't. To her, it's still an evil force that should be banished and held back.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
That sounds very likely, and makes the setting for 0.2 even more unsettling. An endless dark place swarming with heartless was already bad enough, but if it makes you hallucinate and plays with your memories that's just horrifying. I'd like to see someone make the "KH is a silly Disney game for kids" argument with 0.2. CoM has a similar feel to it with the whole losing your memories thing. I never really thought about it while reading the manga, but now that I'm playing the game it's actually really scary if you start to think about it. Being in that situation would be awful.

So yeah I like where this is going. For me KH is at it's best when it has that feeling of something unknown and scary, (that's not trying too hard to be edgy), like Hollow Bastion or The End of the World in KH1 and Riku's dive into Sora's heart in DDD. The environments in 0.2 look to have a slightly similar uncanny surreal feel to them, with all the upside down and levitating stuff, and I can't wait to see more.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'd like to see someone make the "KH is a silly Disney game for kids" argument with 0.2. CoM has a similar feel to it with the whole losing your memories thing.

Just think about the scene where Aqua goes "phew, there's no one here, so they probably made it out alive, right?" (or sth like that) and now imagine what all those heartless used to be.
It's fucked up.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
It might me as well; I AM NOT playing it after dark and am going to warn my siblings, do NOT startle me on grounds I might shriek. (Believe me you don't want to hear that. I tend to be loud, and when I scream, it makes everyone jump 6 feet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back