• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: Terra's revival is what breaks Riku's keyblade.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingOfHearts

He passed it down to him. It means it's possible that Terra could have fully returned to his normal state, reclaiming his keyblade from Riku at the same time. Either that, or Terra-Nort's halfs have learned to wield their own keys.

Just a random thought.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Terra gave Riku the ability to wield, not the physical Key. If Terra has given Riku his actual physical Key to inherit, then that would have been the Kingdom Key, wouldn't it?

KingOfHearts

Wouldn't it? He specifically says "this key" during the passing. It's strange wording to mean "the ability to wield a key".

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Wouldn't it? He specifically says "this key" during the passing. It's strange wording to mean "the ability to wield a key".

Welp. That's what it is. What Terra said isn't really anything more than a motto, or an initiation. It's not relevant to the cermony, the touching part is, hence Kairi being able to do it silently without realizing it. The Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony is for the ability, not for the specific key. Sora is the only wielder we know of who's skipped this process. If it was for the specific key, then how did Aqua and Terra both train under Eraqus when all three had separate Keys? How did Eraqus and Xehanort?

Again, if Riku had inherited Terra's Keyblade directly, it would have been the Kingdom Key, since that was the one he was supposed to wield. Terra's Keyblade is still in the Keyblade Graveyard that whole time. Granted, there are instances where the same Keyblade can be wielded in two places at once but that seems to be linked to very specific situations.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think the reasoning behind the word choice in the ceremony is that the Keyblade is considered a singular entity by most characters in the post-Chi era. It has many wielders with their own unique blades, but they all seem to stem from one unseen force that chooses who is worthy to actually wield it, regardless of the whether the ceremony has been performed or not. That’s why it is typically said that one wields “the” Keyblade rather than “a” Keyblade, despite some exceptions.

Way to Dawn was born from Soul Eater. If Terra passed on his Keyblade, that would have been the Kingdom Key. So what would that have to do with Way to Dawn since it’s an entirely separate Keyblade? It’s more likely that Way to Dawn breaks when Aqua attacks him because Riku has completed the journey he needed it for.

eiczerofour

My assumption is Aqua beats Riku down (in either gameplay or cutscene) and that is why Riku must leave his keyblade.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't get why you all said that it would be Kingdom Key, it wouldn't have been Kingdom Key if he got Terra's keyblade, it would have been Earthshaker or Ends of the Earth right?

mytomxxx

I don't get why you all said that it would be Kingdom Key, it wouldn't have been Kingdom Key if he got Terra's keyblade, it would have been Earthshaker or Ends of the Earth right?

I guess people say Kingdom Key, cause is Sora's keyblade, and Riku was supposed to gain that keyblade not Sora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back