• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: Riku and YMX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I just had a thought. In the trailer, it shows YMX offering his hand to Sora, then it flashes Riku offering his hand in the same position. It's not entirely saying that YMX is Riku, but it might be implying that YMX was, at one time, impersonating Riku during I and II.

During the flash of Riku in the trailer, he is shown at Destiny Islands, specifically when it is being overtaken by the Darkness. This could imply that YMX was impersonating Riku at the time to ensure that Sora would take the right path, or perhaps, trying to get Sora over to the Dark side.

Any other time where the Darkness is trying to attract Sora to the Darkness, it could be YMX.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I think that's what happened. Ansem SoD(an extension of Xehanort) takes over Riku in the game, who extends his hand out to Sora in the scene, who has Ventus sleeping within his heart. We see it again with Vanitas and Ven in BBS, it's constant references to Xehanort wanting to get Ven to forge the Xblade with him.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
It seems a bit iffy to say that was YMX. We have to remember that at that time, Riku was a bit erm curious. He did fall to darkness (that's why the keyblade left him for Sora). It would make sense that he would try and bring his friend along.

Awards
I suppose it might explain the scene in Coded where a dark corridor was opened for him by ASoD... Unless he was still on the island after being swallowed by the darkness, I can't make sense of that scene. (Then again, I can be slow.) It could also explain the off-handed remark about Kairi, but then again, so could Riku's excitement/obsession. So, maybe, maybe not...

Love Machine

strut strut strut
It seems a bit iffy to say that was YMX. We have to remember that at that time, Riku was a bit erm curious. He did fall to darkness (that's why the keyblade left him for Sora). It would make sense that he would try and bring his friend along.

His attitude at Destiny Islands was a little too pro-Darkness, I think. It didn't seem like Riku.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I guess it also it explains who the culprit was when Neku jumped up to fight a mysterious figure and Sora gets all sleepy. The same "gas" like stuff appears when YMX flashes to Riku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back