• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Theory] Possible Origins of the Master of Masters before the X Saga

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

EighteenEighty

Awards
(I hope this is the correct place to post something like this... but looking at some other threads it seems to be the case)

DISCLAIMER: I know some of you guys will disagree with me on this, but all of this is just a fan theory and I hope some of you guys won't take this seriously.

I actually have a theory inside my head that the 13 Darknesses originated in the X-Blade. When the X-Blade was shattered into 20 pieces, 7 of light and 13 darknesses. The 7 and 13 pieces of the X-Blade gained access into the people's hearts, 7 from the people who are aligned with the light (MoM and his friends when he was young), and 13 from the people who are aligned with the darkness. Thus created the Keyblade War, and it makes sense considering what Luxu said "Darkness had a physical form back then right? but they abandoned it in order to defeat Light".
View attachment 0002.jpg

And who is this Light that Luxu is referring, The Master of Masters when he was young and his friends. MoM and his friends (The True 7 Lights) participated in the Keyblade War to defeat these 13 Darknesses, but sadly they failed. Leaving the young boy (MoM) as the sole survivor and this boy will grow up to become a Master. It would also make sense of what MoM meant by word: From 7 all is fulfilled, from 13 chaos is born".
View attachment 0003.jpg

But if they are 13 Willful Darknesses, wouldn't it make sense if they are also 7 Willful Lights. I mean let's see MoM's friends died in the Keyblade War and they are also the vessels for the 7 lights, but what if I told you that the 20 pieces of the Keyblade somehow gained a soulful/willful form when they gained access into the people's hearts. So in other words there is also a war for the X-Blade, I mean let's see the X-Blade has the ability to open the door of Kingdom Hearts according to Master Xehanort in his secret reports whoever opens the door of Kingdom Hearts will gain unlimited power and knowledge:

And when Kingdom Hearts is complete, it is said the one who opens its door will bring about the creation of the Next World. Such a feat is above any human. Or, to put it a different way: whoever opens that door will be reborn as something far greater than human.

Light and darkness are two sides of the same coin; without darkness, there is no light. The Keyblade wielders' great war over Kingdom Hearts was fought by defenders of the light (MoM and his friends), servants of darkness (MoM's enemies), those who sought to reconcile the two, and those motivated by nothing more than lust for power. A whole spectrum of thought was swept into the conflict, and the worlds that did not go to war found the war brought to them. In the end, the whole World was cast into darkness.

That was how the ancient Keyblade War drew to a close. To this day, no one has ever managed to open the door to Kingdom Hearts.

Some time later, the little light that remained in the hearts of the few gave rise to the World we know today: one made of many worlds behind just as many walls, so that the Keyblade War would not be repeated.

-Xehanort Secret Report IV

View attachment 0001.jpg

You might also say that the Master of Masters was possessed by one of the 7 lights, but if MoM is one of the True 7 Lights, then what happened to the other 6? Well, their physical forms were destroyed by the 13 Darknesses, and I think this is how the 7 Crowns came into play. When the Darkness asks a question on MoM on how he used a book and send Luxu into the future. But MoM also said this:

MoM: I mean that's not my final goal, but it is an important step. One that I won't be taking alone.

Darkness:
The 7 Pods and the 7 Crowns.

MoM:
for the 7 lights.

What if I told you that the 7 Crowns are actually meant vessels for the 7 Willful Lights, and they are trying to find new hosts since their original hosts (MoM's friends) died against the 13 Darknesses. And, remember MoM is one of them looking for the new hosts.

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
The 7 light fragments of the X-Blade became the hearts of the 7 princesses of heart, so they would be the seven willful lights in the current era. However, we don't know if the princesses existed in the Union X era or before, the time of the first Keyblade War. What the MoM said implies that the 7 crowns are related (or paired, or destined to be owned by) the seven lights, presumably the ones from that time.

A crown is related to royalty, and the princesses of light are called princesses even if they're not from a royal family, like Alice (probably a noble but not royal) and Kairi. Maybe the princesses inherited the crowns and that's why they're called princesses. We know all the former princesses but Kairi aren't princesses of light anymore, their power was inherited by a new generation of princesses (Rapunzel, Anna, Elsa and 3 unknown ones). This suggests that the hearts of the princesses aren't exclusively made of the 7 light pieces, it's more like they have normal hearts which merely contain that light within, and for whatever reasons they can lose or give up that light which is passed on to someone else.

When a monarch is crowned, the coronation ceremony simbolyses the inheritance of regal power. Maybe the 7 crowns are the intermediary force or essence that is inherited from a former princess of light to a new one. If a princess is a sentient vessel of that light, the crown bestows it to her.

However, what the MoM said also implies the 7 pods are related to the crowns and the lights, and the users of the pods were Ephemer and the others. How -or if- this ties to the princesses is anybody's guess. I'm afraid Nomura won't go into detail about how the crowns work, but at least we'll probably know what they are. They're supposed to be important after all.

EighteenEighty

Awards
The 7 light fragments of the X-Blade became the hearts of the 7 princesses of heart, so they would be the seven willful lights in the current era. However, we don't know if the princesses existed in the Union X era or before, the time of the first Keyblade War. What the MoM said implies that the 7 crowns are related (or paired, or destined to be owned by) the seven lights, presumably the ones from that time.
This is incorrect.

What Yen Sid says is this in KHDDD Secret Ending:
Yensid: The light from the broken X-Blade was then divided into seven, to protect the number of pure hearts in the world.
Mickey:
Seven pure lights. They're... the princesses of Heart.

This means that the seven pure hearts already existed when the X-Blade was shattered, similar to the Heartless. The light from the X-Blade shattered into seven pieces to protect the seven hearts. Basically, the seven lights actually represent the seven guardians of light.

So we actually don't know what happened to the seven pieces of light.

There's a possibility there's a first generation of the 7 Guardians of Light and 13 Seekers of Darkness in the ancient Keyblade War, before Sora and Xehanort came into history. And those are MoM and his friends (The True 7 Lights) and his enemies The True 13 Darknesses. The True 13 Darknesses back then possessed a physical form, but they rejected it in order to defeat Light. Leaving MoM as the sole survivor. However, when MoM's friends died, the other 6 Lights gained a soulful/willful form they gave a young boy a task to find new worthy vessels for them in order to defeat the 13 Darknesses. You might also say this could be MoM's secret plan, but he doesn't want to tell it for his apprentices the Foretellers. Because MoM already has a plan for them.

Back