• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory on dream drop distance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHplaya

Feel free to move this to a specific threat if you see fit.

So now as the translations point out, the game (at least some of it) will take place in the world of sleep, or a world where all dreams connect to. Now in kh we already have the world of darkness and the world of light (where all of the main games take place).

So based off of the wording we should assume that the world of sleep is a third "universe" within the kh universe. However unlike how easy it is to transport yourself through both the light and dark universes (through dark portals or other mediums), it seems that you only enter the sleep world through deep intense sleep. Yen Sid shows that he actually has the power to bypass the laws and put Sora and Riku in the sleep world without them needing to sleep.

Now in this universe there are no heartless because as far as we know heartless do not sleep. Instead there are new creatures born out the darkness (and potentially light) inside of the sleep world's inhabitants. As shown by the trailer, it seems that the people in this world are well aware of the dream eaters and what they do, much like how in the realms of liht and darkness people are aware of the heartless. Because the dream eaters, well, eat dreams, this could explain why no one remembers their dream experiences in this universe. Yen Sid has somehow gave sora and Riku the power to tame these creatures to use for themselves

Yen Sid wants sora and Riku to find the keyblade of sleep, which I see as the third counterpart to Sora's and Mickey's kingdom keys. This blade will obviously have the power to awaken those who are stuck in sleep, like Ventus, and those who are reduced to nothing more than distant memories, like Xion. This is why yen Sids mastery exam is far more intense than TAVs. It culminates in a useful, valuable tool that can help save those in need of it.

Now the last part of this theory is focused on the part of the translation where it says that once you seal the keyhole of sleep the worlds are released. I interpret this as: of all of the new worlds in the realm of sleep (who exist just fine knowing that individuals from other worlds enter their own through sleep), once their keyholes are sealed by a keyblade from another universe, that world is pulled from the world of sleep, joining either the world of darkness or the world of light, depending on the origin of the key blade. And since sora and Riku are sealing them with key blades of light, these worlds are being birthed by sleep into the world of light.

Feel free to share your opinions, and sorry for any grammar or weird words, stupid iPad.

riku7244

I like this theory a lot. I would makes sense to me that they would need some kind of item weather it be a keyblade or what have you to wake Ventus and Xion and Roxas maybe even Axal, and all the others bc why wouldn't King mickey or Master Yensid just have Sora go wake them from the start.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
So when these worlds are birthed into the realm of light..would those events be remembered in the realm of sleep?Or would they return to there previous state and you'll have to come back again..and do everything again.

NotaHero21

If the keyblade of sleep really is a variant to the kingdom key then Riku will be the one to wield it. However it seems likely that sora could lose the keyblade to riku given the tag line, "when darkness turns to light, the light falls". Then through the trial of losing the kingdom key sora will receive the key of sleep. Either way both Sora and Riku are walking away from this test as masters.

billyzanesucks

Good idea, though I don't think they really 'tame' the Dream Eaters, some of them are just naturally like that.

KHplaya

So when these worlds are birthed into the realm of light..would those events be remembered in the realm of sleep?Or would they return to there previous state and you'll have to come back again..and do everything again.

I would assume that the world will now officially birthed into the realm of light. There would not really be a way to go back. Plus that would be horribly stupid as well.

As for the taming, it would be another way to customize your battle strategy. Or, they can just differ depending on the world

DnxDarkDevil

Feel free to move this to a specific threat if you see fit.

So now as the translations point out, the game (at least some of it) will take place in the world of sleep, or a world where all dreams connect to. Now in kh we already have the world of darkness and the world of light (where all of the main games take place).

So based off of the wording we should assume that the world of sleep is a third "universe" within the kh universe. However unlike how easy it is to transport yourself through both the light and dark universes (through dark portals or other mediums), it seems that you only enter the sleep world through deep intense sleep. Yen Sid shows that he actually has the power to bypass the laws and put Sora and Riku in the sleep world without them needing to sleep.

Now in this universe there are no heartless because as far as we know heartless do not sleep. Instead there are new creatures born out the darkness (and potentially light) inside of the sleep world's inhabitants. As shown by the trailer, it seems that the people in this world are well aware of the dream eaters and what they do, much like how in the realms of liht and darkness people are aware of the heartless. Because the dream eaters, well, eat dreams, this could explain why no one remembers their dream experiences in this universe. Yen Sid has somehow gave sora and Riku the power to tame these creatures to use for themselves

Yen Sid wants sora and Riku to find the keyblade of sleep, which I see as the third counterpart to Sora's and Mickey's kingdom keys. This blade will obviously have the power to awaken those who are stuck in sleep, like Ventus, and those who are reduced to nothing more than distant memories, like Xion. This is why yen Sids mastery exam is far more intense than TAVs. It culminates in a useful, valuable tool that can help save those in need of it.

Now the last part of this theory is focused on the part of the translation where it says that once you seal the keyhole of sleep the worlds are released. I interpret this as: of all of the new worlds in the realm of sleep (who exist just fine knowing that individuals from other worlds enter their own through sleep), once their keyholes are sealed by a keyblade from another universe, that world is pulled from the world of sleep, joining either the world of darkness or the world of light, depending on the origin of the key blade. And since sora and Riku are sealing them with key blades of light, these worlds are being birthed by sleep into the world of light.

Feel free to share your opinions, and sorry for any grammar or weird words, stupid iPad.
I thought that to, but I also thought what if the sleep world is the center of the world. What if when a world goes into darkness everyone & the world enters a sleep peaceful dream and if you restore the "Keyhole Of Sleep" that world and everyone in it will return to normal. Maybe that's how a world that has been taken over by darkness is restored. The dream eaters are probably Neutral creatures whose jobs involve keeping the world and its people in a deep sleep forever. Them becoming Allies is probably like the D-Link in BBS. It's probably part of the Mark of Mastery to see how easy it is for a keyblader to befriend someone and gain there trust and fight together with them as allies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back