• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: Master Aced is strictly spoken A Traitor, but not the DEFINITIVE Traitor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I have made this very same post already yesterday in the X[chi]-Finale thread but considering it moves rather fast due to much general discussion about the latest Story update I'd thought it might be better to give this batch of thoughts and interpretations I made an own thread.
Mainly to see if people follow this train of thought and how plausible it might be...and of course to try and poke holes in it and see if I overlooked or missed something that may either further aid the direction this theory goes or gives counterpoints that may point to a different direction. ;D

---

I've re-examined some issues about what Gula says about what is written on the lost page, Luxu's words and some of the events of the former story updates.

In the current update, Gula starts with:
Gula said:
Unable to permit disharmony, you will be disappointed by fate, and lose sight of true strength... Misreading the truth, ...

Back in the July update there are these bits from Aced:
Aced said:
The only thing we can trust now is the unity of our Union. Someone may be a fellow Keyblade wielder, but we cannot divine whether their heart is dark or not. Warriors of absolute strength, the strength of a Union is not the amount of light it has collected. A strong Union is justice itself.
That is something that can only be proved through battle.

---

A final battle is no longer avoidable. Invi, Gula, Ava, and you, too, Ira. All desperate to collect more Lux than the other Unions.
The battle had already begun. It was you people who aggravated the situation.

---
In the end, it's a strong leader who controls the world. It's not Lux I'll gather more of than anyone—it's soldiers.
Strong organisation is imperative. When it comes to maintaining the balance, there need only be one leader.

I'll banish the four of you, and unify all the Unions under me.

The order is mixed up, but Aceds views (which may have changed over the course of X[chi]'s timeline itself because he was aggravated about the situation with the supposed traitor) are in accordance with what the passage of the lost page says.
The second statement of where he accuses the other Foretellers of aggravating the situation with the competitive Lux collection fits for "unable to permit disharmony", as the Foretellers not acting as a team caused just that and Aced was unable to permit this situation to persist. Disappointed that fate may play out exactly as told in the tome, Aced decided to follow a radical approach and disregard the teachings of the Master as well as the truths he had been trained to uphold (Invi accuses him of just that in the Back Cover-Trailer).
Aced does that by changing his mindset to believing that actual brute force, numbers and raw power (be it physical or magical) is the true strength that is needed to succeed.
"Warriors of absolute strength", "A strong Union is justice itself", "It's not Lux I'll gather more of than anyone - it's soldiers." "Strong organisation is imperative. When it comes to maintaining the balance, there need only be one leader." => These statements are all a revelation of Aced's new mindset, corresponding with the "lose sight of true strength"-part of the Lost Page.

And by insisting that there being more than one leader (five Foretellers) is the core of the Problem, he actually misreads the truth of the whole issue (a truth that Gula was apparently searching for but didn't manage to uncover until it was too late, causing the Leopardus Foreteller to lose his spirit and resignate and something that Ava was made privy to by Luxu, also too late to change anything).

Back to the current update, Gula then continues with:
Gula said:
It's why the traitor began trying to end the world.

This is tricky and may be a red herring, but seeing/believing that things couldn't be avoided anyways, Aced did decide to actually usher in the end of the world because in his (by now warped) views he saw it as unsalvageable.
In the current update Aced and Ira have this conversation while Player looks on:
Aced: I've been waiting for this moment...Ira.
Ira: You're...!
Aced: I'll rebuild this world, as its new king!

Aced admits freely that he has waited for the moment the world would end.
Ira's mouth actually gapes open and I assume the "You're..." is implying that the full sentence would be: "You're the traitor!?"

And then comes the kicker, Aced goes further to state that he will rebuild the world as its new leader/king (aka a fascist Dictatorship, a world based solely on brute strength and a single Leader everyone has to defer to.)
Creating/Rebuilding the world to something akin to your own desires, we already had this occurence twice in the current saga of Kingdom Hearts:
1. Birth by Sleep
Xehanort's report IX said:
If I become the first to open Kingdom Hearts' door, I can create a Next World in which light and darkness exist in perfect equilibrium.

2. Kingdom Hearts II
Xemnas said:
All that and more. I'm carrying on what you yourself began, and I'm
creating a brand new world, one heart at a time.
I'd say this is not a coincidence.

Now of course you may say wait a minute, if Aced is really the traitor, what is about Luxu and the Master of Masters? The black Keyblade that is now in possession of Xehanort.
Ava also accuses Luxu of misusing "the Master's intentions" for his own ends.
Well, let me say that, yes, Aced may indeed be a traitor to the other Foretellers and eventually come around to the viewpoint that the world must be ended and he must take everything on himself alone to fix afterwards because he views the other Foretellers as more hindering then helping, but it may be that Aced has a similar role to Maleficent in KH 1, actually serving the ends of Luxu without actually knowing about it.

The conversation between Ira and him goes on shortly where Ira rages at him (fitting to his namesake actually) "If only you hadn't broken the harmony!!!" Three exclamation marks, Ira is certainly totally furious and in his view, apparently Aced is the one who aggravated the situation by spreading even more discord and turning against the other unions (which may have started the actual fighting between "lesser" wielders we see in the July update) and if I had to pinpoint a single event where things went unsalvageably down between the Foretellers themselves I'd say it was when Aced first raised his Keyblade against a fellow Foreteller (which according to the Back Cover Trailer might have been Invi). As she appears at the final battle, Aced obviously didn't "banish" her as he claimed to want to do nor decisively incapacitated her, so word of Aced attacking her would certainly spread to the other Foretellers.

This in turn might have lead to Lord Gula directing his investigations more towards Aced in particular, maybe him even suspecting that he might be the traitor. Aced eventually gets wind of Gula spying/investigating on his exploits and ruthless actions throughout all of Daybreak Town and since he's a hothead and by now seeing the other Foretellers only as hindrances anyways, he decides to pay Gula a visit and teach him to not stick his nose into his business, leading to the confrontation between the Leopard and Bear shown in the Back Cover Trailer.

Gula obviously survives or else he wouldn't be able to participate in the final battle, but the whole time spent on investigating Aced may have been exactly the "looking out for the wrong thing"-statement Gula gives to Skuld and the Player.
Aced was deliberately set up as an antagonist towards the other Foretellers so they wouldn't get to the real truth in time, so while he strictly spoken IS a traitor, he is not the definitive traitor who set this all up, which may very well be Luxu himself if Ava's accusations hold any water.

---

So, to summarize, with the revelations given in the recent update and combining it with stuff seen in previous updates I theorize that Master Aced was placed into a similar situation as Maleficent in KH 1, working towards his own goals while not realizing that he was deliberately used by a third party to bring about the conflict and discord needed for the prophecy to come true.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Fantastic observation, however, there is one alternate theory that I want to add with the true traitor... I personally believe that it's Master Ava, however, she's a traitor because she misread the truth as opposed to wanting to create intentional conflict.

"Unable to permit disharmony" can be interpreted as Master Ava unwilling to accept the clash of the Fortellers, and she could have misread the truth by listening to Master Luxu's interpretation as fact as opposed to the definitive words in the Tome of Prophecy... after all, Master Ava never seen the final page (unless the secret chapter proves otherwise) so she had to take Master Luxu's interpretation word for word in order to grasp the understanding of the traitor and the inevitable Keyblade War.

Plus, she's also at the center of the battlefield. Sure, that can be interpreted as her importance as a Foreteller, but it can also be symbolic of her being the true traitor.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I somehow always forget about Aced the Asshole.

Aced, Ava, and Luxu all have something about them that makes them traitorous. Maybe even the others as well (they, especially Invi, haven't had as much significant screentime so it's hard to tell.)
In way they could all have potential for being a redherring or the true traitor.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
I have made this very same post already yesterday in the X[chi]-Finale thread but considering it moves rather fast due to much general discussion about the latest Story update I'd thought it might be better to give this batch of thoughts and interpretations I made an own thread.
Mainly to see if people follow this train of thought and how plausible it might be...and of course to try and poke holes in it and see if I overlooked or missed something that may either further aid the direction this theory goes or gives counterpoints that may point to a different direction. ;D

---

I've re-examined some issues about what Gula says about what is written on the lost page, Luxu's words and some of the events of the former story updates.

In the current update, Gula starts with:

Back in the July update there are these bits from Aced:

The order is mixed up, but Aceds views (which may have changed over the course of X[chi]'s timeline itself because he was aggravated about the situation with the supposed traitor) are in accordance with what the passage of the lost page says.
The second statement of where he accuses the other Foretellers of aggravating the situation with the competitive Lux collection fits for "unable to permit disharmony", as the Foretellers not acting as a team caused just that and Aced was unable to permit this situation to persist. Disappointed that fate may play out exactly as told in the tome, Aced decided to follow a radical approach and disregard the teachings of the Master as well as the truths he had been trained to uphold (Invi accuses him of just that in the Back Cover-Trailer).
Aced does that by changing his mindset to believing that actual brute force, numbers and raw power (be it physical or magical) is the true strength that is needed to succeed.
"Warriors of absolute strength", "A strong Union is justice itself", "It's not Lux I'll gather more of than anyone - it's soldiers." "Strong organisation is imperative. When it comes to maintaining the balance, there need only be one leader." => These statements are all a revelation of Aced's new mindset, corresponding with the "lose sight of true strength"-part of the Lost Page.

And by insisting that there being more than one leader (five Foretellers) is the core of the Problem, he actually misreads the truth of the whole issue (a truth that Gula was apparently searching for but didn't manage to uncover until it was too late, causing the Leopardus Foreteller to lose his spirit and resignate and something that Ava was made privy to by Luxu, also too late to change anything).

Back to the current update, Gula then continues with:

This is tricky and may be a red herring, but seeing/believing that things couldn't be avoided anyways, Aced did decide to actually usher in the end of the world because in his (by now warped) views he saw it as unsalvageable.
In the current update Aced and Ira have this conversation while Player looks on:

Aced admits freely that he has waited for the moment the world would end.
Ira's mouth actually gapes open and I assume the "You're..." is implying that the full sentence would be: "You're the traitor!?"

And then comes the kicker, Aced goes further to state that he will rebuild the world as its new leader/king (aka a fascist Dictatorship, a world based solely on brute strength and a single Leader everyone has to defer to.)
Creating/Rebuilding the world to something akin to your own desires, we already had this occurence twice in the current saga of Kingdom Hearts:
1. Birth by Sleep

2. Kingdom Hearts II

I'd say this is not a coincidence.

Now of course you may say wait a minute, if Aced is really the traitor, what is about Luxu and the Master of Masters? The black Keyblade that is now in possession of Xehanort.
Ava also accuses Luxu of misusing "the Master's intentions" for his own ends.
Well, let me say that, yes, Aced may indeed be a traitor to the other Foretellers and eventually come around to the viewpoint that the world must be ended and he must take everything on himself alone to fix afterwards because he views the other Foretellers as more hindering then helping, but it may be that Aced has a similar role to Maleficent in KH 1, actually serving the ends of Luxu without actually knowing about it.

The conversation between Ira and him goes on shortly where Ira rages at him (fitting to his namesake actually) "If only you hadn't broken the harmony!!!" Three exclamation marks, Ira is certainly totally furious and in his view, apparently Aced is the one who aggravated the situation by spreading even more discord and turning against the other unions (which may have started the actual fighting between "lesser" wielders we see in the July update) and if I had to pinpoint a single event where things went unsalvageably down between the Foretellers themselves I'd say it was when Aced first raised his Keyblade against a fellow Foreteller (which according to the Back Cover Trailer might have been Invi). As she appears at the final battle, Aced obviously didn't "banish" her as he claimed to want to do nor decisively incapacitated her, so word of Aced attacking her would certainly spread to the other Foretellers.

This in turn might have lead to Lord Gula directing his investigations more towards Aced in particular, maybe him even suspecting that he might be the traitor. Aced eventually gets wind of Gula spying/investigating on his exploits and ruthless actions throughout all of Daybreak Town and since he's a hothead and by now seeing the other Foretellers only as hindrances anyways, he decides to pay Gula a visit and teach him to not stick his nose into his business, leading to the confrontation between the Leopard and Bear shown in the Back Cover Trailer.

Gula obviously survives or else he wouldn't be able to participate in the final battle, but the whole time spent on investigating Aced may have been exactly the "looking out for the wrong thing"-statement Gula gives to Skuld and the Player.
Aced was deliberately set up as an antagonist towards the other Foretellers so they wouldn't get to the real truth in time, so while he strictly spoken IS a traitor, he is not the definitive traitor who set this all up, which may very well be Luxu himself if Ava's accusations hold any water.

---

So, to summarize, with the revelations given in the recent update and combining it with stuff seen in previous updates I theorize that Master Aced was placed into a similar situation as Maleficent in KH 1, working towards his own goals while not realizing that he was deliberately used by a third party to bring about the conflict and discord needed for the prophecy to come true.

Fantastic observation, however, there is one alternate theory that I want to add with the true traitor... I personally believe that it's Master Ava, however, she's a traitor because she misread the truth as opposed to wanting to create intentional conflict.

"Unable to permit disharmony" can be interpreted as Master Ava unwilling to accept the clash of the Fortellers, and she could have misread the truth by listening to Master Luxu's interpretation as fact as opposed to the definitive words in the Tome of Prophecy... after all, Master Ava never seen the final page (unless the secret chapter proves otherwise) so she had to take Master Luxu's interpretation word for word in order to grasp the understanding of the traitor and the inevitable Keyblade War.

Plus, she's also at the center of the battlefield. Sure, that can be interpreted as her importance as a Foreteller, but it can also be symbolic of her being the true traitor.

Aced, Ava, and Luxu all have something about them that makes them traitorous. Maybe even the others as well (they, especially Invi, haven't had as much significant screentime so it's hard to tell.)
In way they could all have potential for being a redherring or the true traitor.
What if there is more then 1 traitor? Would it be too far fetched that all 6 turn out to be the traitor in the end because it was all set up by Luxu and/or MoM?

Luxu

Awards
I feel as if Luxu, did try to stop the world's destruction at one point. But gave up hope, he is acting like he lost all hope. And that last pages makes Ava seem like the true traitor, even if Aced is a "Traitor" he didn't cause the worlds end. Because of (Assuming that she is the traitor) Ava's actions, the world was going to end. She began fighting Luxu for almost no reason, other than Luxu telling the truth to her and by the way Luxu fights towards her. It looks like he is not trying to do any harm, he only blocked one attack and never bothered to move around to fight. Also Gula's words from that last page, makes Ava seem more like a traitor.

Anyway about Aced, I think the guy is like Terra when it comes to motives. Aced seems to be a "Justice Guy" and he sees that the other Foretellers might have "wronged" him. He is following the same path Terra took, and we all know what happened with that...

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
What if there is more then 1 traitor? Would it be too far fetched that all 6 turn out to be the traitor in the end because it was all set up by Luxu and/or MoM?

That's not out of the question either. Aced is a traitor of the Forteller group in the context that he outright goes against every other Forteller, Ava is a traitor by forming the Dandelions without informing the rest of the Fortellers, Ira is a traitor because he did not let the rest of the group know that he was conversing with Master Luxu in secrecy, Gula is a traitor for not revealing the lost page to the rest of the group due to reluctancy and Invi... well, we know too little about her to formulate a definitive conclusion about her.

CrystalRaine

I believe Luxu, Aced, and Ava are all red herrings and the real traitor is Invi.

In Greek mythology, the Chimera is a beast that has the head of a lion, the body of a goat, and the tail of a snake.

Master of Masters = Lion (Pride)
Luxu = Goat (Lust)
Invi = Snake (Envy)

Could just be a coincidence of course, but if you apply the Chimera as an allegory, then Invi could be secretly plotting with the Master of Masters and Luxu behind the backs of the other Foretellers. The fact that she's been largely absent from the story is suspicious to me, and Back Cover will clearly show us what she has been up to behind the scenes. Nomura stated in an interview with Dengeki back in November that the traitor will be revealed in Back Cover - it has to be someone we won't expect.

Also, looking into the event files shows Invi as the mysterious figure watching Mickey from the roof, which got me thinking: Remember that fight between Invi and Aced on the rooftop? At first I thought Invi discovered that Aced was the traitor and was confronting him about it, but what if it's the other way round?

Muke

whatever
Awards
^ I mean, it WOULD kind of explain why she has the least lines out of everyone.

Luxu

Awards
Also, looking into the event files shows Invi as the mysterious figure watching Mickey from the roof, which got me thinking: Remember that fight between Invi and Aced on the rooftop? At first I thought Invi discovered that Aced was the traitor and was confronting him about it, but what if it's the other way round?

I can see this happening, but we all know Aced wins that fight. That final hit he does to when he strikes her down, and I think most people don't get that Aced is not really a "bad guy" but has a twisted version of good.

Muke

whatever
Awards
The answer may simply be that the Angius Foreteller, darkened up a bit, looked enough like the Organization's Black Coats to pass for one while they create an actual graphic, but this is too juicy to pass up in terms of speculation!

Maybe this is what's up with Invi on the rooftop?

EDIT: On the other hand, they specifically chose her, so...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I like what I read here so far quite a bunch. Plenty of good views to work with. ^__^

Ava? I wonder why so many are jumping on that bandwagon now as the only thing Ava did was causing the ringing of the bell that was the starting shot for the final battle.
By that time things already were unsalvageable out of hand and that's why I believe Luxu even bothered to be so open with her. He knew he had already won and accomplished what he set out to do and Ava couldn't do anything noteworthy anymore anyways.

Of course, that part can be certainly applied to Ava, possibly even more than to Aced from what we've seen so far of the personalities of all the Foretellers. It was Ava who in the first Back Cover Trailer (the one with only the awakening platforms and the union emblems) said words along the lines of "will we really turn against each other" in total disbelief.

She's in the center of the battlefield in the beginning because she's the last to arrive. Aced, Gula, Invi and Ira have already positioned their troops across each other and Ava, due to being engaged with Luxu beforehand, arrives as the last one. That's also why all players not in Vulpes fight her last.

The "true" traitor though, as indicated in the thread title, I do not think is among the Foretellers at all because the "true" traitor is Luxu.
I'm not even sure anymore that the Master of Masters is truly in league with Luxu and that there might be some truth to Ava's accusation that Luxu is only using "the Master's intentions" to further his own agenda, much like Xehanort hijacked Ansem the Wises research and Name for his own agenda.

This is true and shows that this time around the writing of the scenario isn't as mediocre as usual for a KH game.

It is possible that all Foretellers are somehow a traitor to their fellow Foretellers, which is mainly due to the rumors of there being a traitor in the first place and the words "trust no one but yourself" (I actually forgot who said that and in which trailer it was). By mistrusting all the others to a certain degree (it is even possible that Ava and Gula, despite being described as close, did not fully trust each other), it would be natural that they all held information back and inadvertently all betrayed each other due to a high lack of trust.
Just according to plan most likely...
However, the "true" traitor would be the one (or the group) who set all this up in the first place. The Foretellers may have become traitors due to the manipulations taking place, fulfilling the prophecy themselves by, to speak with the words of a certain old coot, "being led to the proper places" according to fate...a designed fate of course.

The more I think about this the more I think this is the case.
Aced is just the most obvious because he acts the most obviously antagonizing and is the most violent and aggressive one.
Still, the quotes of him that he "waited for this moment (the destruction of the world)" and "wants to rebuild the world with himself as a new leader" still sound more alarm sirens to me than any of the other four Foretellers right now.

That's not out of the question either. Aced is a traitor of the Forteller group in the context that he outright goes against every other Forteller, Ava is a traitor by forming the Dandelions without informing the rest of the Fortellers, Ira is a traitor because he did not let the rest of the group know that he was conversing with Master Luxu in secrecy, Gula is a traitor for not revealing the lost page to the rest of the group due to reluctancy and Invi... well, we know too little about her to formulate a definitive conclusion about her.

As I said in the answer to Fudge, things like i.e. Ava not telling the other Foretellers about the Dandelions (both Gula and Aced know about it anyways apparently) or Gula not revealing that he knows parts of the lost page may most likely stem from the "trust no one but yourself" mantra that was introduced by someone in regards to there being the rumor of a traitor among the Foretellers.

As for Gula's knowledge though, from what I have taken from his scenes he doesn't actually own acopy of the lost page apparently but can only recite some passages from memory, which of course beckons the question how and why Gula knows these passages. If I recall rightly Luxu does have the lost page because he himself removed it.
In the previous update Gula told Player, Skuld and Chirithy that Ava is searching for Lord Luxu, this indicates he himself doesn't know where Luxu is, but that doesn't mean we can rule out Gula actually meeting Luxu nonetheless sometime earlier to learn of at least some passages from the lost page (with Luxu of course only revealing the parts that are the most helpful for his own mission). Maybe Luxu even approached Gula himself under the pretext of "giving a clue" or helping him with his investigations.
Of course, Luxu could also somehow have given Gula the knowledge non-personally, maybe via "Chirithy-Mail" or through a dream, just like Ephemera can appear in Skuld's and Player's dreams, maybe Luxu can appear in Gula's.

Rereading the whole recited passage of the lost page though, the issue of them all being somehow traitors may even get some more relevancy as there are exactly five actions/situations pertaining to "the traitor":
Unable to permit disharmony, you will be disappointed by fate, and lose sight of true strength... Misreading the truth, you will venture forth in secrecy...
- unable to permit disharmony
- disappointed by fate
- losing sight of true strength
- misreading the truth
- venturing forth in secrecy.

What if these describe not a single person but the five main reasons for everything falling apart, one central reason for each Foreteller.

Ira is the one lamenting that Aced "broke the harmony" so the first point would apply to him.
Gula is the one who apparently followed a false/wrong lead in his investigations and thus "misreading the truth" could apply to him.
Losing sight of true strength is obviously referring to Aced as in the previous update he outright stated that he changed his whole philosophy and is by now only interested in brute strength.
venturing forth in secrecy and disappointed by fate are left for the two girls, Ava and Invi, and both could apply to each of them.
Invi is rarely seen and seemingly no one, including us, the audience, has an idea what she's doing, so she's indeed "venturing in secrecy".
Ava is "disappointed by fate" because no matter how much effort she put into preventing the Foretellers from drifting apart as well as preventing the prophecy she fails.
Of course, the "venturing in secrecy" could also refer to Ava with her Dandelions and "disappointed by fate" apply to Invi due to her losing the hope to prevent the war when Aced turns decisively against her and the others, shattering any remainder of unity that the Foretellers had.

I believe Luxu, Aced, and Ava are all red herrings and the real traitor is Invi.

In Greek mythology, the Chimera is a beast that has the head of a lion, the body of a goat, and the tail of a snake.

Master of Masters = Lion (Pride)
Luxu = Goat (Lust)
Invi = Snake (Envy)

Could just be a coincidence of course, but if you apply the Chimera as an allegory, then Invi could be secretly plotting with the Master of Masters and Luxu behind the backs of the other Foretellers. The fact that she's been largely absent from the story is suspicious to me, and Back Cover will clearly show us what she has been up to behind the scenes. Nomura stated in an interview with Dengeki back in November that the traitor will be revealed in Back Cover - it has to be someone we won't expect.

This is of course also a possible way it could run.
Out of the five Foretellers Invi indeed remains the most mysterious so far as the last two updates gave us finally something substantial on Gula while Aced, Ira and Ava were already rather prominent beforehand.

Then again though, Invi largely absent and mysterious could also be a red herring.

According to what Gula tells Skuld, the traitor "began trying to end the world", which indicates that the traitor does want the catastrophe to happen and the few glimpses we see of Invi do not point that way (yet maybe).
The way she interacts with player is somewhat pitying and resignated, not really sounding like someone who wanted to bring all this about on purpose.

---

The idea that all five may be somehow "partly" a traitor is also very intriguing though I must say.
Back Cover is going to be a very interesting movie to watch...*rubs hands*

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
As for Gula's knowledge though, from what I have taken from his scenes he doesn't actually own acopy of the lost page apparently but can only recite some passages from memory, which of course beckons the question how and why Gula knows these passages. If I recall rightly Luxu does have the lost page because he himself removed it.
In the previous update Gula told Player, Skuld and Chirithy that Ava is searching for Lord Luxu, this indicates he himself doesn't know where Luxu is, but that doesn't mean we can rule out Gula actually meeting Luxu nonetheless sometime earlier to learn of at least some passages from the lost page (with Luxu of course only revealing the parts that are the most helpful for his own mission). Maybe Luxu even approached Gula himself under the pretext of "giving a clue" or helping him with his investigations.
Of course, Luxu could also somehow have given Gula the knowledge non-personally, maybe via "Chirithy-Mail" or through a dream, just like Ephemera can appear in Skuld's and Player's dreams, maybe Luxu can appear in Gula's.

The idea that all five may be somehow "partly" a traitor is also very intriguing though I must say.
Back Cover is going to be a very interesting movie to watch...*rubs hands*
Well seeing as Luxu has the lost page and not 6 lost pages, I guess he acquired it before the MoM made copies of the book. And depending on how technically advanced they were at that time we know if MoM was in on it or not. Because if he used a printer (that's an English word right?) he probably wouldn't notice that a page was missing, but if he had to make 5 copies with his hands, he would have noticed a page was missing. So that's also very interesting. Someone see if they had flashlights in the game? O wait, they didn't, because we used a candle when we needed to explore tunnels. Guess they don't have printers either then. Calling it now, MoM is in on this with Luxu. So anyway, Gula must have read the lost page in the original Tome of Prophecies. Or Luxu could have told him, but I'm not going to focus on that, because you already made a theory for that. I think Gula read the original Tome when all 6 of them were still apprentices under the MoM. Seeing as Gula is a Speed type of character he probably has free running skills, so I don't think it would be too much trouble for him to get into the MoM's tower/castle (up till now all powerful characters had a tower or castle, I don't think MoM is a exception). And while you might think, why would he do that? He seems so laid back, lazy and uniterested. What if he used to be very energenic and curious, and couldn't wait to see what was written in the Tome that the MoM had promised them? So one night he decides to sneak into the MoM's room and read the Tome, and there he read the lost page and what was written on it. A terrible future wich he knew he couldn't change, because the future was already decided. And since that day he became set back and uninterested in the Foretellers issues, because he knew that whatever they did, in the end they couldn't change the future.

Yeah man! Only 4 more months, 4 more months to get our Munny together and convince our moms that installing a PS4 in the living room is a good idea!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
This is true and shows that this time around the writing of the scenario isn't as mediocre as usual for a KH game.
I only pray that KH3 has the same level of quality.

Rereading the whole recited passage of the lost page though, the issue of them all being somehow traitors may even get some more relevancy as there are exactly five actions/situations pertaining to "the traitor":

- unable to permit disharmony
- disappointed by fate
- losing sight of true strength
- misreading the truth
- venturing forth in secrecy.

What if these describe not a single person but the five main reasons for everything falling apart, one central reason for each Foreteller.

Ira is the one lamenting that Aced "broke the harmony" so the first point would apply to him.
Gula is the one who apparently followed a false/wrong lead in his investigations and thus "misreading the truth" could apply to him.
Losing sight of true strength is obviously referring to Aced as in the previous update he outright stated that he changed his whole philosophy and is by now only interested in brute strength.
venturing forth in secrecy and disappointed by fate are left for the two girls, Ava and Invi, and both could apply to each of them.
Invi is rarely seen and seemingly no one, including us, the audience, has an idea what she's doing, so she's indeed "venturing in secrecy".
Ava is "disappointed by fate" because no matter how much effort she put into preventing the Foretellers from drifting apart as well as preventing the prophecy she fails.
Of course, the "venturing in secrecy" could also refer to Ava with her Dandelions and "disappointed by fate" apply to Invi due to her losing the hope to prevent the war when Aced turns decisively against her and the others, shattering any remainder of unity that the Foretellers had.
Huh, never though of it that way. I'm now gonna be pretty disappointed if that's not the case.

Then again though, Invi largely absent and mysterious could also be a red herring.
Kingdom Hearts: Re:D Herring:<3 @ DayBREAk Sleep Distance: Electric Boogaloo Final Mix + Tacos

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The "true" traitor though, as indicated in the thread title, I do not think is among the Foretellers at all because the "true" traitor is Luxu.
I'm not even sure anymore that the Master of Masters is truly in league with Luxu and that there might be some truth to Ava's accusation that Luxu is only using "the Master's intentions" to further his own agenda, much like Xehanort hijacked Ansem the Wises research and Name for his own agenda.

Honestly, Luxu is just a bystander in the grand scheme of things. He’s simply doing his Masters bidding because it just so happens to benefit him. Watching. He only interacts when the Fortellers interact with him first. From what we’ve seen so far, all Luxu does is tell Ira that the war is not possible and reveals the truth to Ava about the context of the traitor. If he was truly jealous, surely, he’d be more direct and twisted with the way he does his job of being “traitorous”? Unlike the other Fortellers, Luxu is not binded by the obligations of the Fortellers because he isn’t one so he not limited with what he can do if he was the true traitor.
And besides, that seems too obvious of a plot twist. The person that isn’t a Forteller is a traitor. I really think that Nomura has a genuine mystery planned for this entry in the series.

According to what Gula tells Skuld, the traitor "began trying to end the world", which indicates that the traitor does want the catastrophe to happen and the few glimpses we see of Invi do not point that way (yet maybe).
The way she interacts with player is somewhat pitying and resignated, not really sounding like someone who wanted to bring all this about on purpose.

Well, Invi could have had wanted to end the world for a drastically different reason than the Master of Masters and Luxu. And besides, Invi may be the kind of Forteller not to dabble with Forteller matters towards regular Keyblade wielders unlike Ava and Gula. Her secrecy may indeed be intentional as an allegory the true traitor being literally behind the shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back