• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory - I know what's inside the Master of Master's box. *SPOILERS*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSnilloc

Having not only considered the alternatives, but also in seeing plenty of supporting evidence for this, I'm well convinced that what lies in the Master of Master's box is The Book of Prophesies. Okay, so maybe I'm not the first one to suggest that, but maybe I can be the first to provide something substantial to my claims.

First, let's look at a few alternatives to the contents of the box and why they don't make sense...

• Kingdom Hearts itself is an interesting idea, in every numbered title Master Xehanort has always sought to obtain its power afterall. Why wouldn't it work though? While the idea of MoM sealing Kingdom Hearts inside a box seems possible, the idea that it's been completely sealed off from the worlds would surely cause problems. Kingdom Hearts is where all hearts come from after all, and if new hearts have been born, that would instantly invalidate the possibility (looking at Sora).
  • The X-Blade has some supporting evidence, you have the twenty locks on the box, you have "X-Super" on the box's label, but there is one glaring issue here. The X-Blade shattered into 20 pieces. Okay, but maybe the shattered pieces are inside? Also wrong because the X-Blade was shattered after MoM gave Luxu the box.
  • A Chirithy or other Dreameater has been suggested before, but there is little supporting evidence.
  • Other things have been suggested as well, but they grow increasingly more speculative.

With that out of the way, let's look at why it might be the book of prohesies. Let's start with a quote from Nomura...

https://www.khinsider.com/news/Fami...-Hearts-HD-2-8-Nomura-interview-released-8108

- By that are you talking about the box that the Master called a “Suprii~se!” and entrusted to Luxu along with the Keyblade? There was also something written on it...

Nomura: The perceptive fan may have already worked it out but, it still remains a secret. In [KHIII], a certain person is looking for that box...

Nomura says that the perceptive fan may have already worked it out which means that we already have enough information to arrive at a reliable conclusion. Do we though? As stated in the beginning, I believe so. Nomura also mentions here that "In KH3, a certain person is looking for that box.", who is Nomura referring to? Check out the video below...

[video=youtube;eaHSpUZgW24]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaHSpUZgW24[/video]
(Skip to 1:02)​

Yes, Nomura is talking about Maleficent here. Sure, in later trailers we find out that Luxord is also looking for a box (presumably on Xehanort's behalf), but that trailer hadn't yet been released so given Nomura's comment about the fans in conjunction with his followup statement about the box, it seems entirely correct to arrive at the Maleficent conclusion. But why is Maleficent looking for the Master of Master's box? Going back to my opening statements, she's looking for the Book of Prophesies.

[video=youtube;YKx_XgL1xPY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKx_XgL1xPY[/video]
(Skip to 2:02:40)​

... but what if I told you that we already know that Maleficent is successful in finding the Master of Master's box, opening it, and taking her prize? If you've kept up with Chi, and you've read through everything I've said thus far, you might not be too surprised at this point, but just for the sake of keeping everything in order, let's visit that video shall we?

Yes, within the Master of Master's box is the fabled Book of Prophesies and we already know that Maleficent finds it during the events of Kingdom Hearts III. Okay, so case closed right? Mostly, but there are still a few more pieces of evidence I want to look at before calling this theory complete.

• The Master of Masters tells Luxu what is inside of the box and he acts surprised. Luxu's reaction isn't particularly important, but the Master of Master's reply actually is. He tells Luxu, "You'll see.", as in Luxu will see MoM's actions here justified within his own lifetime. With Luxu's own eyes "He'll see" why for himself. Why would this be useful? What is the justification here? The fairy tale world that Luxu and many others call home will survive in the form of that book.
  • Also on the subject of Luxu, the Master of Masters tells him to not open the box under any circumstance. I really don't see any reason to believe that Luxu would betray the Master of Masters orders here. Especially when you consider that he was faithful to do the other things which allowed the Master of Masters to complete the Book of Prophesies in the first place.
  • The Dandelion Union Leaders also get a Book of Prophesies, but theirs is specially called a copy. Meaning that it's not the real thing. The exact capacities of this copy are unknown, but it's an important distinction to make. Why? Because it allows the real thing to be elsewhere, specifically inside the box.

... and that's it! I believe that covers everything. Let me know if I overlooked something, or if any of you have something to add to this! Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

mytomxxx

Yes, within the Master of Master's box is the fabled Book of Prophesies and we already know that Maleficent finds it during the events of Kingdom Hearts III. Okay, so case closed right?

She finds the Book indeed, but at that timeline, Ventus was yet a Dandelion's leader, or would become one. If the events of KH3 happens years after that, it means that the time are really big different from world to world, or, that the book she got is not from the box. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Seighart

Awards
She finds the Book indeed, but at that timeline, Ventus was yet a Dandelion's leader, or would become one. If the events of KH3 happens years after that, it means that the time are really big different from world to world, or, that the book she got is not from the box. Correct me if i'm wrong.

An easier explanation: When we see her in KHUX, she comes from a point in time in KH3 when she had already obtained the box and entered the Book similarly to how she entered Jiminies. I've had a similar theory to this. I just didn't feel the need to post it because i thought it was general knowledge at this point. Not trying to sound condescending.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
This may or may not matter to what is inside the box, but I’ve heard some people say there are 20 locks and others that it only has 13. I was under the impression that the back side was just the hinges. Can anyone confirm the number of locks?

Seighart

Awards
This may or may not matter to what is inside the box, but I’ve heard some people say there are 20 locks and others that it only has 13. I was under the impression that the back side was just the hinges. Can anyone confirm the number of locks?

3 on each short side and 7 on each long side i believe. I'm not entirely sure why their are locks on it. One suggestion is so that no one WITHOUT a keyblade can open it. MoM tells Luxu not to open it. He wouldn't say that if Luxu didnt have the ability to do so. So I do believe it was put in their for someone who cant open it.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
In this shot, it does not appear that there are seven locks on the back side of the box. Only the 3 on each side and 7 on the front. So yeah, there’s only 13. The two marks on the back are most likely the hinges as is typical for a chest to have. I think the chest can only be opened by either the 13 Darknesses or the combined Guardians of Light and Princesses of Heart, which also total 13 thanks to Kairi’s dual role. As for the contents, I think the Book of Prophecies is how Maleficent learned of the box, in which case, it wouldn’t be inside it. It’d a pretty lackluster reveal in my opinion if it is.

wbT6J5F.jpg

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Could the key to return hearts be the way to open the box? That might be the result of a combination of the new Princess and Guardians as Zip mentioned.

JustSnilloc

The events that we witness within Chi are all historical. We aren't watching the timeline progress as it happens, we are flipping through the pages of history but with a twist - the Book of Prophesies makes everything seem more alive. Just like the digitized version of Jiminy's Journal. So when Maleficent shows up in Chi, she's showing up in a history book, not the timeline which the book records.

An easier explanation: When we see her in KHUX, she comes from a point in time in KH3 when she had already obtained the box and entered the Book similarly to how she entered Jiminies. I've had a similar theory to this. I just didn't feel the need to post it because i thought it was general knowledge at this point. Not trying to sound condescending.

Exactly.

3 on each short side and 7 on each long side i believe. I'm not entirely sure why their are locks on it. One suggestion is so that no one WITHOUT a keyblade can open it. MoM tells Luxu not to open it. He wouldn't say that if Luxu didnt have the ability to do so. So I do believe it was put in their for someone who cant open it.

I'm not sure that Luxu is particularly special in being able to open the box though. Clearly he is able to open it even if nobody else can, otherwise MoM's words make no sense there. But it would seem strange for him to be the only one capable of opening it. Especially if he's not the one who is supposed to open it.

Could the key to return hearts be the way to open the box? That might be the result of a combination of the new Princess and Guardians as Zip mentioned.

The key to return hearts is Ansem the Wise's data, right? I don't believe it was a literal key of any kind, but I could be mistaken.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
The key to return hearts is Ansem the Wise's data, right? I don't believe it was a literal key of any kind, but I could be mistaken.

The KTRH is a new concept introduced in KH3 that Sora will be searching for. They’ve already retrieved Ansem’s data.

That being said, I think the KTRH could end up being an untapped power within Sora or another character rather than a physical item. I think it’ll be essential to restoring some of the potential Guardians like Roxas, Ven, and Xion, so I also don’t think it’ll be something that only occurs when the seven Guardians are gathered with the six princesses.

Seighart

Awards
I'm not sure that Luxu is particularly special in being able to open the box though. Clearly he is able to open it even if nobody else can, otherwise MoM's words make no sense there. But it would seem strange for him to be the only one capable of opening it. Especially if he's not the one who is supposed to open it.

I'm not saying he's particularly special, but that he has a keyblade. Can't see a point in giving a locked box to someone with the ultimate key if you hoped for them not to open it.

JustSnilloc

I'm not saying he's particularly special, but that he has a keyblade. Can't see a point in giving a locked box to someone with the ultimate key if you hoped for them not to open it.

I mentioned already why I don't believe that the box contains the X-Blade, but I suppose you're referring to the engraving on the box?

"X-Super"
http://i.imgur.com/06QC1qd.png

That's actually more evidence for it being the Book of Prophesies. See, "Super" doesn't refer to something grand, it's the Master of Master's nickname based on his sin; superbia (pride). So that part simply refers to who the box belongs to. What about "X" though? Master Xehanort explained what that means...

[FONT=&quot]"Chi"... A most ancient letter. Some say "kye," but the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]meaning is the same. Death... A letter that spells endings.[/FONT]

So we have "Kingdom Hearts Chi" a tale that was recorded within the Book of Prophesies. The Book of Prophesies also sees the future, or put another way, it spells out how things end. We also have "Chi" next to "Super" on the box, it would seem straightforward enough to interpret this to mean "Super's Chi" or "The Master of Master's Book of Prophesies".

mytomxxx

The KTRH is a new concept introduced in KH3 that Sora will be searching for. They’ve already retrieved Ansem’s data.

That being said, I think the KTRH could end up being an untapped power within Sora or another character rather than a physical item. I think it’ll be essential to restoring some of the potential Guardians like Roxas, Ven, and Xion, so I also don’t think it’ll be something that only occurs when the seven Guardians are gathered with the six princesses.

Riku doens't have this power to return hearts already? Wasn't this the point of the mark of mastery? And that's why he could wake Sora?
Ansem's data isn't to help to get this power, and other things more, that we don't know?

Didn't realise until now, Chi/Union we play inside the book. There is a evidence in the game? I didn't catch it in the youtube movies I watched.

Last edited:

Hirokey123

Awards
Riku doens't have this power to return hearts already? Wasn't this the point of the mark of mastery? And that's why he could wake Sora?
Ansem's data isn't to help to get this power, and other things more, that we don't know?

Didn't realise until now, Chi/Union we play inside the book. There is a evidence in the game? I didn't catch it in the youtube movies I watched.
The key to returning hearts is different.

In DDD Riku (and Sora before he lost it) gained the power to wake sleeping hearts. That is to say they can dive into dreams letting them enter hearts and wake them from slumber. The data Ansem the Wise has is apparently key to solving the whole issue of figuring out how we like give these hearts physical form, you know the body aspect of all this. But we still lack a critical key...how we get these sleeping hearts out of Sora and into new bodies. Like it's not like there is a defined space we can just reach in they are sort of just...there..somewhere..someplace.

Seighart

Awards
I mentioned already why I don't believe that the box contains the X-Blade, but I suppose you're referring to the engraving on the box?

"X-Super"
http://i.imgur.com/06QC1qd.png

That's actually more evidence for it being the Book of Prophesies. See, "Super" doesn't refer to something grand, it's the Master of Master's nickname based on his sin; superbia (pride). So that part simply refers to who the box belongs to. What about "X" though? Master Xehanort explained what that means...

So we have "Kingdom Hearts Chi" a tale that was recorded within the Book of Prophesies. The Book of Prophesies also sees the future, or put another way, it spells out how things end. We also have "Chi" next to "Super" on the box, it would seem straightforward enough to interpret this to mean "Super's Chi" or "The Master of Master's Book of Prophesies".

Oh no...i simply meant anyone that has a keyblade could open it lol. What CAN'T the keyblade open is what i was going for. Why lock it if it were going to be found by a keyblade user that could just open it anyway? Or maybe that's the point of locking it..so only a keyblade user CAN open it.

JustSnilloc

Oh no...i simply meant anyone that has a keyblade could open it lol. What CAN'T the keyblade open is what i was going for. Why lock it if it were going to be found by a keyblade user that could just open it anyway? Or maybe that's the point of locking it..so only a keyblade user CAN open it.

I get it now, that makes sense. It puts the idea of Maleficent finding the box in an interesting light, (supposing she does get the Book of Prophesies from it) how does she do so?

... of course it's also entirely possible that the locks are purely decorative, and given the design of the box that wouldn't actually be an unreasonable conclusion. I suppose that even that aspect of the box is mysterious for now.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

The Disney worlds are all holographic projections from the book, but the main plot takes place in the United World and then the Unchained Realm (which is almost 100% certainly the Sleeping Realm)

mytomxxx

The Disney worlds are all holographic projections from the book, but the main plot takes place in the United World and then the Unchained Realm (which is almost 100% certainly the Sleeping Realm)

Yes, this is explained in the game. But the way Seighard said, made me think that the United World and Unchained Realm are inside the book too. This way maleficent can enter the enchanted dominion and we can see her, because, we are a story in the book.

But now I got where I was miss thinking. She doesn't need to enter the book, she is(probably?) appearing there as a illusion of the future where she already have the book of prophecies, because it is a holographic based on the book.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
That scene with Maleficent in Chi takes place within the Unchained Realm, right? The Player awakes after the Keyblade War in Enchanted Dominion and Chirithy basically tells him the Keyblade War was just a dream. So I figure the Player was Unchained at this point. Even though we haven’t seen this scene yet in Union Cross, I think it takes place during it. It either hasn’t happened yet in that timeline or it just takes place off-screen.

I think the next stage of Union Cross might involve present day Maleficent causing problems for the Dandelions as she attempts to take over the Unchained Realm. That could be part of the tie in to KH3 and why they’ve been waiting to finish Enchanted Dominion to move forward with the main Ux plot. They want us to experience the BoP Maleficent before the real one shows up.

So perhaps she isn’t inside a Book of Prophecies projection, but the Realm of Sleep. It would certainly be fitting for her since sleep is kind of her thing. Maybe she actually finds the Book of Prophecies while here which in turn leads her to seek out the Black Box in KH3.

JustSnilloc

But now I got where I was miss thinking. She doesn't need to enter the book, she is(probably?) appearing there as a illusion of the future where she already have the book of prophecies, because it is a holographic based on the book.

No, I definitely believe that she is entering the Book of Prophecies during the events of Kingdom Hearts III. Explaining the skewed perspective of Kingdom Hearts Chi was next on my list of theories to complete, and it just so happens that I finished it a few moments ago. It can be found in the link below...

https://forums.khinsider.com/kingdo...igured-out-chi-skewed-perspective-solved.html

sdr27

Awards
I think the box might be related to whatever MOM is planning in future games. (if he is indeed the next main villain in the new saga) I just don't see it just being the book. We might not see whats inside until later as Nourma said that MOM won't appear in KH3. I have a feeling only MOM could open it. I do wonder how he can top Xehanort's plans though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back