• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory - Could Ansem the Wise and Kairi be related?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Master Exin

Awards
Now before we start replying, let's really think about it for a bit. Keep in mind though, considering their ages, Ansem can't be Kairi's father or uncle, per se. But most likely, Kairi could be Ansem's granddaughter or grandniece.

As shown in Birth by Sleep, Kairi spent some of her early childhood with her grandmother (For the sake of identity, I'm going to call her after her voice actress, Kathryn) in Radiant Garden, which Ansem happened to be ruler (King, Lord, Sage, whichever) of at the time before it fell to darkness and turnt into Hollow Bastion when it was invaded by Maleficent and Xehanort's Heartless form, when Ansem was banished to the Realm of Darkness and Kairi was brought to Destiny Island. This is only the first many "hints".

Another "hint" is, of course, Kairi's role as Princess of Heart. Yeah, goes without saying, anyway with that said, what do the other Princesses of Heart have in common? Aside from maybe Alice, the other Princesses were/are either born or married into royalty. So it's possible that Kairi might've been the last heir to the Throne of Ansem, if he had one. Maybe Ansem discovered early on that his granddaughter had a very pure heart of light and that's what inspired him to study about the heart of living beings. I actually seen and read some fanfics that delve into these ideas, and they're pretty good and interesting.

As an exercise of this theory, let's break it down to a family tree (Note: I won't be making any Tigger Movie jokes):

First we've two couples/grandparents, There's Ansem & an unknown wife, and then there's Kathryn (Kairi's grandmother) & an unknown husband. Next, each couple has a child which then both get married together and have their own child, Kairi. Simple and clean.

Then, there's the time when Ansem (when disguised as DiZ) met Namine sometime after Chain of Memories/during 358/2 Days and they transported Sora's memory pod from Castle Oblivion (to hide from Axel) to a new location, the Old Mansion in Twilight Town. When, how, and why? Aside from obviously seeking revenge against the six apprentices who betrayed him and formed Organisation XIII, maybe Ansem felt a vague connexion to the young Nobody, due to her being "created" from Kairi, his granddaughter.
Another thing to note is that Namine (Kairi's Nobody) has similar blone hair to Ansem's. Not exactly the same shade, but strikingly similar. Some argue it's due to her being "born" from Sora's body and Ventus' heart, but even then, their hair colours aren't exactly as blonde as her's and Ansem's. Maybe it's from a mix of Kairi and her ancestry/descent.

Finally in Kingdom Hearts II, when Ansem starts to feel regret over his own selfishness. Why so sudden? Maybe it's because he discovered that Namine plans to reunite with Kairi, and he wishes that no more harm would come to her. Maybe that's he risked himself to save the others from the implosion of his device, to be forgiven for his careless deeds.

Maybe in Kingdom Hearts III, if Ansem returns, he might retake his throne, or Kairi may follow the role. Who knows?

Anyway, that's all I've to say so far. What do you think of this theory? Would you agree with it? Is there any problem with the way I elaborated on it? Please put down your thoughts and opinions via comments below. Thank you.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Now that you mention Fanfiction, I once read a fanfiction in which Ansem the Wise were her grandpa. Hm......I don't really know. Like, even if it were true, I don't think it'd hold any value for the story or would be "used" in future installments. It'd be some sort of "random fact" rather.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"Anything that can generate a worthwhile discussion- such as personal isms, recent events, and so forth– goes here. If it doesn't involve any thought process, it doesn't belong here. (We do not speak of Kingdom Hearts in this place.)"

Do not put KH threads outside of the Kingdom Headts sections.

Muke

whatever
Awards
As much as I love Kairi, I really don't want her to be royal.

And yeah, I don't think I'd want this to happen. Idk

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It's pretty unlikely at this point. I think if they were going to do that, they'd have put it in KH2, you know, where DiZ and Kairi are in the same scene. But really there's little to suggest Kairi was royalty and I don't think KH would have them reveal they are related since family relationships are seriously downplayed in this series.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It could happen. Not everything has to be forshadowed since sometimes writers don't plan ahead.

Though unless it is beneficial to Kairi's or Ansem's characters I dont see the point.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Oh right, I never thought about Kairi being "royal".
I don't really think she needs that. She's already "highly important" without being interesting at all. She really just needs some character of her own, not tied to anyone else.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Might bee an interesting twist depending on execution for KH3 but don't really see it being needed.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
To be honest, I always thought Ansem the Wise was related to Kairi since Ansem the Wise was the ruler of Radiant Garden and Kairi is a "princess of heart." And the only area she's seen in Birth by Sleep is near the castle and the only flashback scene she has in KH1 is in the library in the castle.

They probably won't go there, especially since Ansem the Wise shows no signs of relation in KH2 or any future games since then... but who knows.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
To be honest, I always thought Ansem the Wise was related to Kairi since Ansem the Wise was the ruler of Radiant Garden and Kairi is a "princess of heart." And the only area she's seen in Birth by Sleep is near the castle and the only flashback scene she has in KH1 is in the library in the castle.

Except that it has been stated multiple times even in the games themselves that "Princess of Heart" has nothing to do with royalty at all. They're just called that because all natural hearts of pure light are female and because they're the equivalent of the true Kingdom Hearts in the current universe.

In fact, only three of the seven are even royalty by "birth", Snow White, Aurora and Jasmine.
Alice is no royalty at all while Cinderella and Belle later became royalty through marriage.

Nicki6082

I believe this could be plausible. Even though the family ties in KH is not really an important aspect of the game I believe that it's very likely that they could be related. I think if they do plan to go that route in KHIII I don't think it'll be because of the princesses of heart are tied to royalty or anything along that matter but more for the future installments of the game. When Radiant Gardens gets restored they will probably need a new ruler and I don't believe Ansem will be the one to take that place but Kairi. Once Xehanort is defeated i think the trio will be called to action to restore the worlds in their own ways and have to separate for a while, this will also tie into their responsibilities as adults in this new age. Kairi will be called to be the new ruler of Radiant Gardens and maybe she will use this power to help restore worlds by joining with other rulers like say Queen Minnie to form a sort of alliance or UN type scenario. They will help by restoring balance and peace in a more diplomatic approach. That would be the only reason that I could see there being an importance to even mentioning Ansem and Kairi being related.

Master Exin

Awards
Now that you mention Fanfiction, I once read a fanfiction in which Ansem the Wise were her grandpa. Hm......I don't really know. Like, even if it were true, I don't think it'd hold any value for the story or would be "used" in future installments. It'd be some sort of "random fact" rather.

That's okay, I understand. If you doubt they're related, that's perfectly fine.

"Anything that can generate a worthwhile discussion- such as personal isms, recent events, and so forth– goes here. If it doesn't involve any thought process, it doesn't belong here. (We do not speak of Kingdom Hearts in this place.)"

Do not put KH threads outside of the Kingdom Hearts sections.

Yeah, you're right, I should've put this thread in the general discussion forum, but I don't exactly how to move a thread from one to another. Can you help me please?

As much as I love Kairi, I really don't want her to be royal.

And yeah, I don't think I'd want this to happen. Idk

Well, your honest opinion, but this was a theory that had been going around for some time, and I thought I might put my thoughts into it.

It's pretty unlikely at this point. I think if they were going to do that, they'd have put it in KH2, you know, where DiZ and Kairi are in the same scene. But really there's little to suggest Kairi was royalty and I don't think KH would have them reveal they are related since family relationships are seriously downplayed in this series.

I understand, but to be fair, it was a theory I heard for some time, and I thought I might as well put my own thoughts into it.

It could happen. Not everything has to be forshadowed since sometimes writers don't plan ahead.

Though unless it is beneficial to Kairi's or Ansem's characters I dont see the point.

I didn't say there was a point, I just wanted to put my thoughts into this little WMG theory.

Oh right, I never thought about Kairi being "royal".
I don't really think she needs that. She's already "highly important" without being interesting at all. She really just needs some character of her own, not tied to anyone else.

I guess so, I do want to see Kairi get some development of character.

Plus I think they already have the "DiZ as dad" story with his relationship to Ienzo.

Good point, but even then, that was very brief.

Might bee an interesting twist depending on execution for KH3 but don't really see it being needed.

I didn't say it was needed, just wanted to put my point-of-view on this theory.

They probably won't go there, especially since Ansem the Wise shows no signs of relation in KH2 or any future games since then... but who knows.

Yeah, Nomura did say there are no coincidences in Kingdom Hearts.

Except that it has been stated multiple times even in the games themselves that "Princess of Heart" has nothing to do with royalty at all. They're just called that because all natural hearts of pure light are female and because they're the equivalent of the true Kingdom Hearts in the current universe.

In fact, only three of the seven are even royalty by "birth", Snow White, Aurora and Jasmine.
Alice is no royalty at all while Cinderella and Belle later became royalty through marriage.

I knew that, I didn't say it was true in any way. I was probably reading too deep into some hints or something.

I believe this could be plausible. Even though the family ties in KH is not really an important aspect of the game I believe that it's very likely that they could be related. I think if they do plan to go that route in KHIII I don't think it'll be because of the princesses of heart are tied to royalty or anything along that matter but more for the future installments of the game. When Radiant Gardens gets restored they will probably need a new ruler and I don't believe Ansem will be the one to take that place but Kairi. Once Xehanort is defeated i think the trio will be called to action to restore the worlds in their own ways and have to separate for a while, this will also tie into their responsibilities as adults in this new age. Kairi will be called to be the new ruler of Radiant Gardens and maybe she will use this power to help restore worlds by joining with other rulers like say Queen Minnie to form a sort of alliance or UN type scenario. They will help by restoring balance and peace in a more diplomatic approach. That would be the only reason that I could see there being an importance to even mentioning Ansem and Kairi being related.

Thank you for understanding, I'm glad you people are responding positively and constructively, I'm grateful. :)

Lord+Bastion

honestly going back to an old theory in which all incantations of the vicarious souls originating soley from a more predominatly real world in which final fantasy surrealism played a major role within the arcana of the original 13 perhaps all even ansem the wise being a form that was wrought from an origin could incorporate true descendance outside of the natural universe of kingdom hearts itself.

Back